October 2, 2014 | 991 users online

Powder - Milani - Minerals Compact Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2007 10:50:00 AM More reviews by vietbeb

Update: It's been a year and I still love this! That is definitely saying something. I am NC30 now and Nude Buff is absolutely perfect. This is hands down one of the best powder foundations ever.

WOW, I am so impressed with Milani! I mean I've always likedtheir blushes and then they come out with this baby. So awesome! Honey Beige was a pretty close match to my NC40 skin except its slightly tanner. Just slightly! Also, the coverage with this compact powder is AMAZING. I have severe acne scars and this hides it without making me look cakey. I've only worn this for a day so I'll come back to tell you girls about shine control, etc. So far I'm loving it! EDIT: I've been using Everyday Minerals and I like to dust this over it at mid-day to control shine. Looks great!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2007 2:49:00 PM More reviews by natalie48

I have stuck with high end foundations until now. I need a powder for warmer weather since I have very oily skin. I've heard a lot about the mineral foundations and i love Milani eyeshadow, so i thought, why not pick this one up? The honey beige color is just perfect for my warm complexion. Great coverage and really stands up to the humidity! i'm a fan!
    update: i am so disappointed to find out that this didn't control my oil so well after all. i had an oil slick on my face by the end of the day. i am changing the rating from 5 to 2 because I got a nasty pus filled zit from this product. I'm stickin with clinique perfectly real powder..not perfect, but the best i've found.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2007 6:18:00 PM More reviews by sally2002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first day wearing this makeup, but I'm so impressed, I decided to write it up. If it stays this good, I'll bump it up to a 5! I'm a warm PPP and I'm wearing Nude Buff (the lightest one) and it's a perfect match. This foundation takes away the shine in my T-zone and makes me look like I'm wearing no make-up but I just have poreless, even toned skin. My freckles still show through, but that's okay with me - it's more natural for everyday (especially in the Summer) and I have a heavier foundation for "formal" occasions anyway. I love the compact, even though it's a bit thick. It has a ventilated compartment underneath the product for the sponge (which isn't great but can be swapped out) and a large mirror. This is a much easier way to apply a mineral foundation - I just can't get the hang of the loose powder kind, no matter how much I try. I haven't felt any break-outs coming on, either, so here's hoping! This definitely has HG potential.