December 18, 2014 | 898 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Fresh Foaming Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by VAmom

Smells like insect repellent, adnd made my skin red and blotchy.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2012 3:46:00 AM More reviews by belle169

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really torn about this product: I love pretty much everything about it, except for one thing. It's probably just easiest if I list the pros and cons.
Pros: ~Cleans and takes off makeup really well. I use this nightly, and I do feel like my face is properly clean and all makeup is removed. It even does a pretty good job at removing (non-waterproof) mascara, although I prefer to use extra-virgin olive oil for that.
~Does what it says: foams. It's pretty cool, actually. I wet my face, dispense about half a pump into my wet hands and rub them together to get a foam before applying to my face.
~Has a very good amount of product with a great pump-dispenser.
~Inexpensive - about NZ$14 dollars at the supermarket, which is very good for the amount of product you get. (I've had mine for over six months, and am only about 1/2 finished.)

Cons: ~Leaves my face feeling absolutely dry and tight, especially around my chin/cheek area. It's a real shame, and the only con I can find, but it's a big one. That's why I won't be repurchasing - I have to apply a heap of moisturiser before my skin feels anywhere near hydrated again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by smoothtalkin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hate this stuff! Not only does it dry out my skin leaving flakes behind, but I also got a sty! The last time I had a sty was when I used Neutrogena's eye makeup remover. Maybe there is a shared ingredient, but I'm not exactly sure. Save your money, don't buy this!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Les281

This is how I cleanse my skin: I use an oil cleanser by lumune to dissolve my foundation, wipe that off w/a wet wipe & proceed to use this cleanser to remove the oil from my hormonal acne prone skin. It removes it pretty well. Nothing is left when I use my toner but it does feel drying. I like that it removes all my makeup. So far this is the routine that has been working for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by tsh82

well the name does suit on the quality of this product :)

first impression: 2 days of use
PROS:
1. takes off my makeup COMPLETELY
2. smells nice
3. you dont need to get so much to lather it up
4. it moisten the face after it
5. it actually somewhat brighten my face too :)
6. price VERY reasonable

CONS... nothing :D

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by chuchinme

This product is good and bad, but mainly bad. Good, because it is gentle and doesn't dry out skin. Bad because of pretty much everything else. First of all, it doesn't make bubbles or whatever, it's pretty much like squirting water onto your hands and rubbing it on your face. It does not give the feeling that it has worked afterwards, but maybe that feeling only happens to me? I don't know. It doesn't clear acne at all. I find that every time I think it's working and my problem pimples start to clear, two or three come right up. I will not buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Diadore

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is such a great cleanser. My sister bought a bottle of it last June and it lasted us until about December. She bought it for about $6 and then I bought a back up bottle in August. This cleaner makes pores so much smaller and cleanses your face so nicely. It such a great multi-purpose cleanser because I use it to clean make up brushes and when I can't find any soap to wash my oily hands, I use this cleanser and it gets rid of all of the oil. I will definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by XpugsX

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cleanser does exactly what is says without any trimmings. I wet my face and hands and foamed up the cleanser in my hands thoroughly. I proceeded to lather the foam around my face and eyes for about 2 minutes and then thoroughly removed it. It is very important with type of cleanser that you rinse well around the eye area. It does say that this will not irritate the eyes and that is true, but only if you rinse extremely well. What you are left with is really clean skin without a trace of makeup, even around the eye area. I am currently using a very hard to remove liquid eyeliner and it removed every trace. My skin felt comfortable, nothing special, just clean and ready for my moisturiser. I like that it is quick, easy and does the job.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by ritables

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for many years now. Its HG for sure. There is not another product in my battalion that is higher in rank and length of service. It does smell dishwash soapy; i have seen others comment about this and is a turn off for them. For me it is not a big deal, it doesnt smell overpowering, and for the performance, well worth it. I dont have any problems taking off the most water-resistant of sunscreens (Shisheido) or the toughest BB Cream (Lagere and Skin79) even though i have heard many people complain about breaking out, i dont have this problem because i wash my face and tone it to where it is really clean. This product is the reason. It cleans to EXTREME. Yes, it is a bit drying but if you keep up with your exfoliation, this should be kept in moderation. I like a product to do what it says and the less multi-tasking the better (with the exception of bb creams, but then again there is the controversy that not all the qualities of all ingredients are able to absorb because of the high silicone content or other ingredients interfering).
its clean, its affordable, HG for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by mogwai

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells horrible and strips my oily skin. Threw it away!