Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser

3.7

Water Purified, Glycerin, Lauryl Glucoside, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Glycereth 7, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Stearate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Fragrance

on 2/21/2013 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I started using this in college when I wanted to start a more consistent skin care regimen, and I keep coming back to this product after trying more expensive department store skin care lines. I use Fresh Foaming Cleanser in the shower after exfoliating with Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream and love how my skin looks and feels afterward. I love everything about this product -- the packaging, how well it foams in the shower, how clean and refreshed it leaves my skin. I have noticed that it doesn't foam as well when I wash my face over the sink, and I wouldn't rely on this to remove eye makeup, but this is a facial cleanser I will buy again and again.

on 2/6/2013 1:58:00 AM

Like other reviewers have said, this product was very gentle and removed dirt and oil from their face; my face felt clean afterwards. But for me, it didn't remove makeup very well. It took me a lot time to get all my eye makeup off and when I did, some lashes fell out! Also it was kind of stinging my eye since I kept trying to get the makeup off.
This cleanser is alright, nothing special and does the same things as other face washes. Other face washes I have now, does the same thing (remove dirt, oil, makeup), and it also exfoliates, prevents blackheads, acne. And those washes makes my face really clean and smooth. You're better off getting something else.
Plus the package is really poor too. The bottle was away from the shower head, but water still got in from the pump.
Eh, I wouldn't buy this again.

on 2/6/2013 1:32:00 AM

This is a good, gentle cleanser and very effective at removing all traces of make-up. Convenient pump, which I like to use in the shower.
My skin feels clean and pores diminished after use.
No drying, no film, no breakouts.

on 1/16/2013 3:07:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have carefully introduced this cleanser in my regimen. It does clean makeup off and not aggravate the acne, even possibly dull it but not remove the red marks. It leaves my skin a little tight, but not as much as Dessert Essence. I'm afraid to use it on a constant basis because it has a lot of artificial ingredients. It is definitely my favorite cleanser in the Neutrogena line, surprisingly good for them.

on 11/11/2012 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I came across a sample of this and used it for about a week when I was between cleansers. The first couple days I loved it and was wondering if I'd be going back to Neutrogena for the first time since I was a teenager. But, continued use left my skin a little raw. It's just too strong, and kind of dried out my skin. It's not the worst product ever, but I wouldn't buy it again as long as I had a few options I could live with. I could see this being better for truly oily skin, but I also worry about over-stressing skin. If this left my skin raw, my guess is it would do it to truly oily skin, too 9 times out of 10.

FYI: My skin is oily/combo/sensitive

on 11/5/2012 7:32:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this for years. It works great on my combination skin and thoroughly removes all my makeup. It isn't too drying, and at the same time, it gets rid of all my excess oil. I don't think you can ask anymore of a cleanser than that! And the price is definitely right too!

on 10/25/2012 5:33:00 PM

I got the great idea to buy only products that Beauty Pedia recommends...... so far every cleanser from the Neutrogena has dried me out!!!! Yes even this cleanser gave me tight uncomfortable skin! Ladies save your money......not worth saving a few extra bucks only to spend more in the long run!
Paula Begoun has her say but i've sucess with products she claims would never work!!!!

on 10/7/2012 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is my all time favorite cleanser. It removes makeup really well, though it doesn't remove waterproof mascara as well as I'd hoped. It smells fresh and it makes my face feel really clean after I use it. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all. Overall, an excellent product.

on 10/3/2012 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this cleanser. been using this for a long time now, I always use this to remove my makeup. comparing this to makeup removing wipes , I still prefer this cleanser as it cleanses very well and does not leave any residue behind, it is also much more gentle than makeup removing wipes as you do not need to apply much friction on your skin.
I recommend you to cleanse your face twice with this cleanser when you are wearing a heavy makeup. even though I only wear bb creams, I still clean my face twice with it to make sure it gets all of it off.
for people who felt that their skin became tight after cleansing, always always use a toner after cleansing your face as a toner can not only remove excess residue left by the cleanser, it also moisturises and balances the skin's ph level so that your skin will not feel tight.

on 9/23/2012 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this cleanser, although I wouldn't claim that it is HG status (I'm still looking for that). I had gone through 2 bottles of it and had few problems with breakouts or dry and/or particularly oily skin. However, recently I ran out and couldn't find anymore at CVS, so i bought the CeraVe foaming cleanser based on reviews on here. Terrible idea! I broke out almost immediately. It was terrible. I had finally gotten my acne-prone skin under control and WHAM, it all goes crazy again. I freaked out and returned the CeraVe and found another bottle of this trusty cleanser. My skin, while still pretty terrible (this was less than a week ago) has calmed down quite a bit and looks to be healing. In the meanwhile, the foundation goes back on ): (I had finally gotten to the point where I was using it purely as concealer for spots of redness).

Basically, this stuff works very well for my oily, acne-prone skin. It doesn't strip it and doesn't break me out. I'm going to stick with what works and stop experimenting, considering my past experiences!

Now if only I can get my roommates to stop stealing it...