Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser

3.7

Water Purified, Glycerin, Lauryl Glucoside, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Glycereth 7, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Stearate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Fragrance

on 11/5/2012 7:32:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this for years. It works great on my combination skin and thoroughly removes all my makeup. It isn't too drying, and at the same time, it gets rid of all my excess oil. I don't think you can ask anymore of a cleanser than that! And the price is definitely right too!

on 10/25/2012 5:33:00 PM

I got the great idea to buy only products that Beauty Pedia recommends...... so far every cleanser from the Neutrogena has dried me out!!!! Yes even this cleanser gave me tight uncomfortable skin! Ladies save your money......not worth saving a few extra bucks only to spend more in the long run!
Paula Begoun has her say but i've sucess with products she claims would never work!!!!

on 10/7/2012 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is my all time favorite cleanser. It removes makeup really well, though it doesn't remove waterproof mascara as well as I'd hoped. It smells fresh and it makes my face feel really clean after I use it. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all. Overall, an excellent product.

on 10/3/2012 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this cleanser. been using this for a long time now, I always use this to remove my makeup. comparing this to makeup removing wipes , I still prefer this cleanser as it cleanses very well and does not leave any residue behind, it is also much more gentle than makeup removing wipes as you do not need to apply much friction on your skin.
I recommend you to cleanse your face twice with this cleanser when you are wearing a heavy makeup. even though I only wear bb creams, I still clean my face twice with it to make sure it gets all of it off.
for people who felt that their skin became tight after cleansing, always always use a toner after cleansing your face as a toner can not only remove excess residue left by the cleanser, it also moisturises and balances the skin's ph level so that your skin will not feel tight.

on 9/23/2012 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this cleanser, although I wouldn't claim that it is HG status (I'm still looking for that). I had gone through 2 bottles of it and had few problems with breakouts or dry and/or particularly oily skin. However, recently I ran out and couldn't find anymore at CVS, so i bought the CeraVe foaming cleanser based on reviews on here. Terrible idea! I broke out almost immediately. It was terrible. I had finally gotten my acne-prone skin under control and WHAM, it all goes crazy again. I freaked out and returned the CeraVe and found another bottle of this trusty cleanser. My skin, while still pretty terrible (this was less than a week ago) has calmed down quite a bit and looks to be healing. In the meanwhile, the foundation goes back on ): (I had finally gotten to the point where I was using it purely as concealer for spots of redness).

Basically, this stuff works very well for my oily, acne-prone skin. It doesn't strip it and doesn't break me out. I'm going to stick with what works and stop experimenting, considering my past experiences!

Now if only I can get my roommates to stop stealing it...

on 9/18/2012 3:25:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I was using this for years and it did what I wanted, which was remove all my makeup in an easy splash off fashion. It didn't leave a film or residue and tackled my most stubborn eye makeup and it was a good value. The light scent didn't bother me much.
The problem? My skin felt dry and tight after rinsing. I found that as my skin got less oily and more dry over time this cleanser became more irritating.
I now use Olay Foaming Face Wash, for Sensitive Skin. It matches price wise and performance to NFFC but without the dryness left behind and it's fragrence free.

on 8/27/2012 11:12:00 PM

This cleanser was just okay for me. I really didn't like the scent and the consistency (it's milky looking), and my nose was really sensitive to the smell. It did lather well, with lots of foam - and usually takes about 3-4 rinses of warm water to get the foam off. It stung my eyes so I couldn't use it to remove eye makeup. It didn't break me out, so I continued to use. I was just trying to finish the bottle before i go back to my HG Purpose cleanser which was much better for my sensitive face.

on 8/22/2012 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I've been using Philosophy Purity for years now and for some reason with the pregnancy it hasn't been working AT ALL on my skin. This is what I've switched to and I really enjoy it. I LOVE that unlike Purity is takes ALL my makeup off in one, fail swoop. Purity I had to was twice to get all my eye makeup off. This doesn't dry my skin out or make me break out, actually my breakouts have been getting better since I've switched to this. I'm loving the price too! $6 compared to $30 for about the same amount of product. I don't notice any weird smell others have talked about, and my nose is really sensitive due to my pregnancy...so that's strange to me. It does foam so I can understand how that may be drying but Im dry and it doesn't make me feel tight and dry. I feel like this is worth giving a try to because it so cheap that if it doesn't work it's not a huge loss, like say Purity which a sample size is $10! Im glad I made the switch and I just hope this keeps working for me after the baby!

It contains:Glycerin, which is naturally present in skin which helps maintain moisture and prevent dryness or scaling and lauryl glucoside to emulsify the dirt and oil. The main ingredient is water so overall this is a really gentle cleanser for your skin :)

Didn't have a good experience with this cleanser. Too drying, made my eyes burn, and broke my face out within the first week. Instead of throwing it away, I've been using it as a hand soap.

on 8/18/2012 11:01:00 PM

This is a good basic cleanser which removes all traces of makeup even mascara and leaves my skin looking bright and clean.

I have not experienced any feelings of dryness with my skin after using this cleanser and it does not irritate my eyes.

The only issue I have with this product is the pump bottle. I cannot take this bottle when I travel because it leaks everywhere.