October 26, 2014 | 848 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Fresh Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by tsh82

well the name does suit on the quality of this product :)

first impression: 2 days of use
PROS:
1. takes off my makeup COMPLETELY
2. smells nice
3. you dont need to get so much to lather it up
4. it moisten the face after it
5. it actually somewhat brighten my face too :)
6. price VERY reasonable

CONS... nothing :D

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by chuchinme

This product is good and bad, but mainly bad. Good, because it is gentle and doesn't dry out skin. Bad because of pretty much everything else. First of all, it doesn't make bubbles or whatever, it's pretty much like squirting water onto your hands and rubbing it on your face. It does not give the feeling that it has worked afterwards, but maybe that feeling only happens to me? I don't know. It doesn't clear acne at all. I find that every time I think it's working and my problem pimples start to clear, two or three come right up. I will not buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Diadore

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is such a great cleanser. My sister bought a bottle of it last June and it lasted us until about December. She bought it for about $6 and then I bought a back up bottle in August. This cleaner makes pores so much smaller and cleanses your face so nicely. It such a great multi-purpose cleanser because I use it to clean make up brushes and when I can't find any soap to wash my oily hands, I use this cleanser and it gets rid of all of the oil. I will definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by XpugsX

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cleanser does exactly what is says without any trimmings. I wet my face and hands and foamed up the cleanser in my hands thoroughly. I proceeded to lather the foam around my face and eyes for about 2 minutes and then thoroughly removed it. It is very important with type of cleanser that you rinse well around the eye area. It does say that this will not irritate the eyes and that is true, but only if you rinse extremely well. What you are left with is really clean skin without a trace of makeup, even around the eye area. I am currently using a very hard to remove liquid eyeliner and it removed every trace. My skin felt comfortable, nothing special, just clean and ready for my moisturiser. I like that it is quick, easy and does the job.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by ritables

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for many years now. Its HG for sure. There is not another product in my battalion that is higher in rank and length of service. It does smell dishwash soapy; i have seen others comment about this and is a turn off for them. For me it is not a big deal, it doesnt smell overpowering, and for the performance, well worth it. I dont have any problems taking off the most water-resistant of sunscreens (Shisheido) or the toughest BB Cream (Lagere and Skin79) even though i have heard many people complain about breaking out, i dont have this problem because i wash my face and tone it to where it is really clean. This product is the reason. It cleans to EXTREME. Yes, it is a bit drying but if you keep up with your exfoliation, this should be kept in moderation. I like a product to do what it says and the less multi-tasking the better (with the exception of bb creams, but then again there is the controversy that not all the qualities of all ingredients are able to absorb because of the high silicone content or other ingredients interfering).
its clean, its affordable, HG for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by mogwai

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells horrible and strips my oily skin. Threw it away!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by NYC22

After reading Paula's Begoun's Beauty Bible, I was determined to give up bar soap forever. She recommended this liquid cleanser due to its gentle nature (for general cleansing and for acne-prone skin) as well as for its skill at removing makeup. I couldn't be happier that I found this cleanser. I believe that bar soap was irritating my skin and causing breakouts. After using this on my face for two days, all the little breakouts I had on my forehead disappeared. I was so impressed that I used this on my chest, shoulders and back and was astonished to see that within a week all of the acne bumps were gone. I can finally wear low-cut clothing without fear. I am so delighted with this product that I buy several bottles at a time, and use one for my face and one as body wash.

As for the make-up removal, I was pleased with it as well. I wear Revlon ColorStay eyeliner in black as well as layers of black mascara - both of which can be difficult to remove. However, if I cleanse twice with the Fresh Foaming Cleanser, 99.9% of the make-up is removed. This is so good that I don't even have to use the Neutrogena eye make-up remover lotion anymore. And a tip for anyone that is frustrated with black eye make-up lingering under the eye (no matter how many times you wash): moisturize. The more hydrated the eye area, the less likely the skin is to hold onto that ashy residue. I like CeraVe PM.

Finally, I have to give a nod to Neutrogena for making this liquid cleanser foaming. I've tried other liquid cleansers that didn't foam or lather and it just didn't feel right. This one bubbles up like a charm, making it very easy to apply. The product is silky in its liquid form, so I wet my hands, then pump out a dime-sized amount, then rub my hands together to make a foam. If you do it this way, it will cleanse well and be easy to wash off.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by lc15

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great for removing makeup and leaving your skin feeling fresh and clean!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by NishaDS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser is HG for me!
It cleanses all my makeup on my face every night, even my Revlon Colorstay foundation which tends to be stubborn. It is very gentle on my sensitive skin and doesn't break me out. It foams very little but still gets the job done and doesn't dry out my skin.

One squirt on wet hands usually does the trick but two is better for heavier makeup. I usually foam it up in my hands and then massage it all over my face. I sometimes add a little sugar for some gentle scrubbing action. I then rinse clean with splashes of water.

I've used this for years and always come back to it when I stray. Highly recommended!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by AngeliaJolie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just found this product too drying for my skin. It does a good job of removing makeup and cleansing the skin but it is too harsh in the process. I only use when I wear a full face of make up and moisturize heavily afterwards. I would not buy Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser again.