November 27, 2014 | 943 users online

Concealers - Physicians Formula - Conceal RX

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by totoro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this on my recent Ulta haul during their PF BOGO@50% off sale.
I put it on after leaving the store to cover a healing blemish, and ended up putting it around my chin and nose for redness. I had looked great when leaving the store but noticed about ten minutes after putting this on---when I looked at myself in the mirror :-) ---that my makeup looked cakey and my pores looked huge. I decided it was this concealer; it was the only thing that changed. It's too bad because I read the reviews and loved the concept: a concealer that can be used to cover blemishes as well as under the eyes, and also stays on throughout the day. The color was also nice--pale enough for me. (I got the lightest one)
But alas, I'm disappointed. The only major flaw I see in this product is that it's too cakey. But that's a deal breaker for concealer--for me. However, it did get some favorable reviews; those reviewers might have different skin texture or less obvious pores, which wouldn't be exaggerated by such a think consistency. Or maybe they just use it in spots or blend it out better. Using a brush might also make this work for you. But I don't want to go through that much trouble to make it work. I'll just continue to use my MUFE industrial-strength cover-anything concealer, which is a tiny bit dark for me but still works wonders on any blemishes or redness.

EDIT 3/28/11: Since first using this I've discovered that it wasn't the culprit in my cakey-face episode. Rather the villain was some ULTA foundation I had tried on in the store and bought. (watch for that review, eh). I'm glad I gave this concealer a second chance and didn't return it along with the disastrous "Fab Face" foundation. I've since used RX concealer a few times with favorable results. If it doesn't break me out I will upgrade to a '4'.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by maybelle

I want to specifically say that this is a good concealer for blemishes, by not undereye (too thick and dries too quickly). However, I've been having a bad outbreak, and this covers completely, and lasts most of the day without any fading. I didn't give it a full 5 lippies because the package claims that it is also good for undereye; I don't agree. I think is bad for undereye. A little goes a long way...a tiny drop, the size of a pin head, was all I needed for my blemishes. I wish I had bought more, b/c I think this is being cleared out, but I did manage to get 2 tubes, so that will probably last a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by starlit2100

I have this concealer in 'soft yellow' to neutralize redness. (Yellow works better than green because it's a lot easier to blend into your skin.) On my Asian NC 25-30 skin, this color works great for that purpose. The big pro about this concealer is the great pigmentation, however it will settle into dry patches more noticeably than other liquid concealers. Also, this doesn't cause my acne-prone skin to breakout. :)

I use this concealer in 3 ways:

1) On hyperpigmention due to acne, this stuff is great for neutralizing the redness. I use a very tiny amount dotted on with a small concealer brush and then dab with my fingers to blend it out. Afterwards, I dab a bit of my foundation or matching skintone concealer over it.

2) I also like to mix a tiny amount with a little bit of moisturizer to dab on any red areas like around my nose and on my cheeks. Since the concealer is sheered out with moisturizer, it blends right into my skin and I don't usually bother to top it off with foundation or normal concealer.

3) I recently discovered that this yellow concealer works great to help make my foundations more yellow toned. I mix it with my foundation on the back of my hand before applying it all over. Note that Soft Yellow will pale out your foundation a tiny bit since it's very light in color. I don't find this to be much of an issue since I always use bronzer.

I love this stuff!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by drbrn_grl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was using this for awhile, then switched to something else. But now I'm back. This remains the most highly-pigmented concealer I have ever used -- and that includes high-end brands.

This conceals redness and my under-eye circles. And since it's so heavily pigmented, you don't need much to get a lot of coverage.

Removed one lippie because the color choice is limited. It works for me, but I know the limited range of colors means it won't work for everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by slysd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This concealer has been an essential part of my beauty routine. The trick is to use it after my primer, and before my foundation. I pat it on my undereye circles and hyperpigmentation, then the key for me is using the tip to dot concealer into my ice-pick acne scars--sort of as a filler. Then I apply foundation over top, and the scars are much less noticeable. As other people mentioned, the color selection stinks, which is why I didn't rate it as high, but with foundation on top, you can't tell how light it is. My complexion definitely looks better when I use it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2010 1:35:00 AM More reviews by goldieb19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Of all the drugstore concealers I have tried, this has to be among the worst. I have always been a big fan of Physicians Formula products because they normally work wonders on my sensitive, acne-prone skin, but this is just one product that did not do it for me. First of all, the color variety of Conceal Rx can be described as minimal at the least and terrible at the worst. Of all the gorgeous skin tones in our world, consumers have to choose from either Fair-light, Medium-light, or a green hue designed for redness. I chose the fair-light, and it is WAY too pink for my NC25 skin--though I suspect it would work well for NW15-20 tones. The Medium-light, however, is entirely too yellow and would probably only look natural on skin no lower than NC35. Aside from the poor color choices, this concealer is cakey, does not blend well, and settles into pores immediately after application. Though the full coverage that you get with this product is defintely a steal for just $7--not to mention the convenient tube packaging--good luck finding a shade that matches your skin. If you are NW15, NW20, or NC35+, go for it. But if you are somewhere in between, unfortunately, your search for the "perfect" concealer does not end here.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Flassie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is very fantastic and super heavy coverage! I woke up this morning with more acne then usual but after I put this on my skin looked clearer then ever! It lasted a while.. But not exactly ALL day and another thing I didn't like is the packaging.. I squished some into my empty colorstay concealer bc I like having the applicator brush.. But all in all a really great concealer!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2010 7:42:00 AM More reviews by sheLoVic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love how this concealer give great coverage for my 'heavy dark circle'...first i was in love with it..they don't cakey..brighten my dark circle and a little goes a loooong way..

but after a while *1-2month*..they tend to cakey and look heavy too..the teksture looks like seperated,so when i squeze it,sometimes i am end with gross oil on my finger..

i asked my friends,and no one get the same issue with seperated teksture in PS RX..maybe i just get the bad batch

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 5:32:00 PM More reviews by leoisillon

this concealer didn't work for me. it was very difficult to blend. the color selection was terrible (I bought natural light) so I used it as a corrector for my dark under eye circles. I think as the prodcut gets older it separates more and a nasty oily substance comes out. It's an over priced mess.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by TOWELlE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gosh, this concealer is soooooooo awful. Doesn't blend, looks unnatural...