August 27, 2014 | 1802 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by stuffystephy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

It has a great finish. I love the swivel top, which keeps the powder in the bottom part of the container when you're travelling. I also found a colour that suited me quite well. I was using the Merle Norman mineral makeup (which I love), but switched to this because the colour suited me better. I figured mineral makeup is mineral makeup. However, I was wrong. This one broke me out horribly. I was getting cystic pimples which I've never had before. My skin gets hyperpigmented quite easily, so I still have marks from when I was wearing this. I honestly didn't think this was the problem, so I changed almost everything else about my skin care and makeup regime. But my skin kept getting worse. I finally stopped using this and my skin immediately got better. It's back to normal now, though with a few extra "freckles". I believe the reason why this one caused so much irritation is because of the bismuth oxychloride.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by usagi555

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a love/hate relationship with foundation. I love it when my skin looks perfectly even and dewy, yet hate it whenever I can feel it caking up on my skin or I can't find a perfect match (which is most of the time). Ideally I would just go foundation free, since my skin is pretty smooth and healthy, but unfortunately I have a lot of discoloration, thanks to too much sun bathing/surfing during my teens.

Anyway, this mineral powder works perfect to even out my skin tone without feeling heavy and looking unnatural. My skin breathes and gets some sun protection. No foundation will ever match my skin tone perfectly, yet this one comes pretty close (my shade is Real Sand). I love that it covers most of my dark circles and helps to minimize how much concealer I have to apply in that area. Lastly, my ultimate favorite thing about this mineral powder is the finish: radiant and almost dewy.

The packaging is super convenient, specially the twisty cap on the inside that allows only enough powder to be used at the time. Another plus is that the ingredients are pretty clean, just minerals with none of the other crap that other foundations might have. Overall I'm quite happy with this one and will stay in my bag! My only complaint is the color range! They need to step this up so I can finally recommend it to all, without hesitating about the color selection.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by alessie04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

wow, holy sparkles!....is what I thought after putting this on for the first time. This foundation is very shimmery. I really wanted to love this foundation because of all the great reviews on here, so I have been trying to for a week. But I am taking this product back to sephora. It didn't cause breakouts, but didn't make my skin any better. The coverage is medium at best. The worst part is all the damn shimmer! I look like a disco ball! It makes my already large pores even larger. I used with LM primer and setting powder, used without it, and just can't justify keeping this. I do love the packaging, powder doesn't fly everywhere. Thats about it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

I was really disappointed by this. The color, soft porcelain was good, only slightly too yellow for my neutral skin tone. But it caked and became very oily, even only using tiny amounts. looks very beautiful from a foot or two away from the mirror, but once you get close it's caked and settled into lines and pores. I'll be returning this since unfortunately I couldn't make it work. Word of caution: NEVER trust Sephora's lights.

Very poor powder for such a high price.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2011 2:28:00 AM More reviews by dolledup21

it's a very good quality product, but i feel i can't use too much of this product or else i get oily and it looks kinda fake. I'm pretty fair, i have the color in real sand which may be a little too warm but i like to go a tad darker. i bought it because i wanted something light for my skin, i brush it over my foundation for a natural finish. it does the job for now but don't think i'd repurchase right away.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 2:48:00 AM More reviews by Maya05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I must say is a great product overall, it brings a natural glow to your skin, but I noticed that if I use too much my skin looks oily, so I am not so sure if it would be good for oily skin types. It's a light to medium coverage, so for skin types like mine that have some red scars from acne you should use some concealer/foundation before applying this. I used my regular foundation (revlon colorstay)under the mineral powder and my skin looked flawless after my makeup was done, and after several hours, my m/u stayed perfectly. I definitely would buy this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by janejp

This provides long-lasting coverage. However, I found that it is more cakey than I would like, and it took me a lonnggg time to realize it's not good for my skin. Breaks me out and I don't like the heavy feeling.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by lanvingal

This is a great medium-coverage powder foundation. I use it with a flat-topped brush to buff into my skin for a lighter coverage, and it gives a lovely satiny finish - it's almost like a powder to cream consistency. I also feel that I don't need to use concealer with this, I just go in with a smaller brush to give problem areas the coverage they need - a little goes a long way, as it's quite pigmented. As a mineral foundation, it's kind to my skin, and I haven't ever had any break-outs as a result of using this.
I took half a lipstick off as, although it lasts about 6-8 hours on me without touch-ups, it does tend to come off easily.
I took another half a lipstick off for the packaging, I took this product with me when I went travelling, and a lot of it came out through the little holes - so if you haven't peeled back the plastic yet, just poke 4-5 holes through, that's really all you need to dispense an ample amount of product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by dmoney90

I love this stuff! I've never worn face makeup before (i'm new to the whole makeup game in general) and this stuff just evened me out, took away redness and made me glow (according to my room mate). The only complaint i have is i noticed how easily it comes off...i know that's always going to be a problem with loose mineral powder so its really not that big of a deal. Also i bet thats an easy fix with primer. Overall, love this stuff and i've only had it for a couple days!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2011 11:10:00 AM More reviews by jpoblete77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Color lasts!! I've gone running and after the sweating I can still see the coverage. Would like to see more colors. Works for my summer complexion, but during the winter..the shade for me makes my skin dull.