MAC 227 Large Fluff Brush

4.8

on 11/7/2008 1:54:00 AM

for real! this brush is a must in my opinion. say goodbye to harsh lines and bad blending with this. i don't mean to make it sound like a magic wand but now i'm asking this brush where it's been all my life! i've even found a newfound love for some of my hardly used e/s colors as a result of this brush. at first i was at a loss at what i was going to do with this brush and now i can't stop myself from using it every time i do my m/u. i haven't tried it for highlighting the browbone (i prefer the 252 for that) but used in conjunction with this, all my colors come out perfectly blended together. if you don't like this brush, then something's gotta be wrong.

on 11/3/2008 6:24:00 PM

Oh HELL YEAH! I love this brush. I use it with naked lunch to do an all-over neutral shimmer. Takes no effort at all and is completely fool-proof. Love it, can't live without it. I love this brush! (Though, brushes are notoriously expensive...)

on 10/25/2008 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I got mine super cheap at a mac sale but this is a must buy in life!
It blends well.
This is an amazing highlighter!

on 9/12/2008 2:41:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This brush is magical - it blends like no other. Also, the perfect shape for highlighting. I've been dithering for ages as to whether I really needed this brush - couldn't manage without it now!

on 9/11/2008 6:57:00 PM

HG brush!!, I reach for this brush everyday. I use this to apply my all over lid colour and its perfect at blending out sharp lines. I also use this for my brow bone highlighter too. I just bought this brush because I didn't have it but it quickly made its way into one of my must haves. I definately recommend to anyone thinking of getting one.

on 8/30/2008 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

a great brush for softening and blending harsh lines, if i want to apply highlighter to the browbone this is good for that purpose too. i mainly use it for blending etc and it does a wonderfull job. super plush and luxurious too!

I absolutely love this brush. Great for highlighting, blending, I even used it with the new mineralized face duos. It is soft and fluffy such a great addition to my MAC brushes

on 4/11/2008 1:37:00 AM

This is the large fluff brush. It is perfect for applying highlight and simultaneously blending out any harsh lines. Is it an essential MAC brush? Probably not, but it's one that I use everyday. You can probably find a cheaper brush that works just as well (NYX makes one, I believe). However, I do love the brush, and I do think it's well worth the money. I would buy it again if I ever needed to.

on 3/24/2008 7:42:00 PM

love this brush. i bought just because but didn't think i would actually love it. i love the plushness of it, so soft and full and easy for an all over color and perfect for contouring your nose.one of my must haves.

on 2/12/2008 1:06:00 PM

I like this brush but only use it for blending out e/s and softening lines; I really like stiffer, paddle shaped brushes for this. For me, it doesn't work well for applying a color all over the lid, it comes out too sheer IMO and I use either the 239 or 252 for that. I'll occasionally use it to apply my brow highlighter and then work it down to soften and blend but, again, it can come out too sheer even under the brow IMO and sometimes the e/s just flies everywhere.
It is nice for blending though and easy to use...although I must say that the one I have from Sephora that is just like it but a bit smaller is actually softer and I find myself reaching for it more because of that. :-/