August 1, 2014 | 1747 users online

Lip Gloss - Bare Escentuals - Buxom Lips- Dolly

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2008 8:02:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I find I use Trixie more than Dolly, Trixie is more of a happy-beachy sparkly pink and this is more of a muted, slightly darker, mauvey-plummy pink a bit more on the cool toned side, whereas Trixie is fairly neutral. Still looks ok on me but I'm warm/olive toned (MAC NC30/C3, BE Golden Medium) so it's perhaps not the greatest color for me but it looks nice with the right lipliner as long as that is neutral and not cool. I'd really rate it about a 3 1/2. The Buxom Lips formulas are great, they do plump but are not painful like Lip Venom. They also have a cooling effect. I would describe the taste like a caramel latte with a hint of mint. I like it. I also love BE's regular gloss formula, especially in the color Gossip, but I will continue to seek out Buxom Lips glosses. I don't think I'll repurchase this color, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2008 2:24:00 PM More reviews by sephora

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nice product. A little sticky , but I get a lot of compliments on the subtle mauve colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2008 8:10:00 AM More reviews by mtavistar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this lipgloss. I was surprised, as usually I don't like plumping glosses, but found a noticeable difference on my very thin lips. It has excellent staying power and isn't too gushy (you know, when it spreads outside the lips super easy). As far as the color, I don't really like it alone....much too flat/nudey type color. However, I find over red lipstick it is very pleasant, as it just mellows the red out and ends up a very pretty berry.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 2:32:00 PM More reviews by halostatic

This is my favorite lip gloss ever! The color is perfect for my lips! I personally like the smell of the gloss which kind of smells like marshmallows and the texture is great. In general I really like the way this makes my lips feel. I also have this in Bambi and Dominique but Dolly is my favorite color by far.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2008 10:25:00 PM More reviews by princessvivian27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG! I am sooo impressed by this lip gloss. I just got a deluxe sample from Sephora, and I loved it as soon as I tried it on. It makes my lips beautiful, the smell is pleasant, even the tingle is pleasant, and I can't say that about every lip gloss that tingles because I couldn't stand lip venom for the life of me, and my goodness I wanted to like it. But seriously, I just put this on my wishlist for Sephora, so you bet I'll be getting it soon!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2008 4:01:00 PM More reviews by pf3855

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got this from Sephora as a sample and while the color for me is a little too pinky-plum it works when I need something in this color line. I do want to try other colors however. But for the gloss itself, not considering the color - I love it! It has that slight tingly feeling when you put it on. I don't know if it really plumps, I have rather full lips anyway so who knows but I like the gloss as it's not sticky and seems to last quite awhile. I always have a glass of something to drink on my desk or side table and it manages to stay on quite nicely through all my daily beverage intake. Definitely re-purchase for me. This sample was a very generous size so I can't imagine what the real sizes look like.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 12:38:00 AM More reviews by ais4alison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am such a huge fan of these glosses. Dolly is a fabulous plum - it's just a shade or two darker than my lip color so it just enhances and glosses up my lips for a natural look. Surprising, because it looks darker in the tube. The only disappointment with this is that in the tube, it looks like these has a gold sheen, but it's not detectable when it's on.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2008 3:31:00 PM More reviews by aqualeah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Like, make that Love this!
LOVE THIS!

Quality, texture, gorgeous color that compliments all skin tones, shimmer, glossiness, and more in my Dolly lip gloss!

I got this in a BE set, and I keep going back to it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2008 11:52:00 PM More reviews by doORdye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just received this delux sample at sephora today and I think I am in love! The color compliments my skin tone well and I actually like the smell and the tingle! I'm not sure if it does much as far as "plumping" goes. I have naturally kind of full lips already so when I use plumping products I dont normally notice much of a difference. I do believe I will purchase this again! The only drawback about purchasing again is the size of the full size gloss. I find it to be pretty big, I really like the size of this sample one. It will fit in my purse really well. Well, at the end of the day, i'm sure I will end up purchasing it again lol.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2008 11:02:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

Typically I hate lip plumping lipglosses and am a huge fan of glosses wtih very little scent (like NARS and Dior). Anyway I decided to try this anyway - it was a bonus gift on Sephora. Oddly, this works for me! I actually enjoy the sweet scent (vanilla, mint, burnt sugar?!?), the tingling is pleasant, and it doesn't dry out my lips. Plus this Dolly color is a nice compliment to the mauves of fall. It's a medium toned muted rosey purple with a teensy bit of shimmer that you can't really see unless you look.