July 29, 2014 | 2105 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by aer0057

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to admit, I love how this product looks. Medium-Light seems too look the best. Light is too ghost-like. HOWEVER, this powder clogs pores like no other. It contains Bismuth Oxychloride which clogs pores and causes acne. Immediately after I stopped using this, my skin cleared up. Sad sad day because this product was actually pretty good. But now I remember it did make me unusually oily too. Oily and caused acne. Ewwww! No thanks! Try loose mineral makeup instead.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am so in love with this stuff. I had been a MAC virgin but on a whim I went into the MAC store to buy blot powder. When I asked the lady about blot powder she was kind and showed me all their different powders. When I swatched this on my hand it looked beautiful and being much cheaper than half the stuff I buy at Sephora I actually forgot about the blot powder and got this. It is beautiful as a setting powder over any foundation I choose to use -- even better, since thanks to Retin A my skin is clearer than it ever has been, I've started to wear this alone over sunscreen and it gives me a beautiful nautral look. Like my skin but better. I am intensely breakout prone and I have never broken out from this. If anything I feel like since I started wearing only this and sunscreen, my skin condition has improved (that might be just the lack of liquid foundation though). I now recommend this to anyone I know, and found out that my gorgeous coworker uses it as her only foundation too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Shade ref: MAC NC15, Estee Lauder Double Wear liquid foundation in Bone 17 1W1, MAC MSF Natural Light, Maybelline Dream Matte Light 4-5. I have used this for a month straight and am on the fence about it. I cannot apply it to my nose, but most everywhere else is fine. For some odd reason, if applied on my nose, pores appear from nowhere! Another odd thing is, if I sweat a little, it turns almost white in those areas. Something actually quite horrifying, especially since I am not the type to constantly check my mu or touch up. (I can just use my Ecotools kabukki brush, to brush it away back to normal...till I sweat again.) I always use moisturizer and a primer, but this does settle into some fine lines around my mouth anyway (but not nearly as horrid as MAC SF PPF). So, now I use my Maybelline Dream Matte Powder lightly on my T-Zone (except for my nose) when needed. I have yet to apply this wet as some reviews have...will be sure to update then.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

I always wanted to try this, and finally last fall I picked one up. I like to use it over foundation, just a light dusting, but I find when I do it tends to make me oily quicker. On its own it doesn't do this. I also like to use it on its own as a light coverage powder foundation, since I really don't need much/thick cover. It's baked, and domed so there's no mirror in the compact, but that's fine with me - more product! Even though you really could apply this without a mirror, since it's pretty fool-proof. This is great for hot and humid days, since it really feels like nothing is on. Expensive, but it lasts forever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by GacktCamui

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a better than average powder/mineral foundation if you already have decent skin. It gave me an almost airbrushed effect because it blended out lighter colored blemishes (this was when my skin was doing better). It did not break me out personally, but it did nothing to control oil. Light matched me well when I was a little paler (closer to NC15).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 10:24:00 AM More reviews by katieelixa

Love the finish of this powder, smooth healthy and soft looking! Amazing coverage. Unfortunatly, the colour sadly looked far too dark on my pale skin. I thought the mac lady matched me wrong but aparently the one i have is the lightest shade they do! However, during the summer this looks amazing with my st tropez tan! haha. So this is now my summer powder foundation :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by georginapeach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to like this so much, as the shade matches my skin perfectly, it has a really nice consistency and doesn't look too cakey. However it broke me out badly, cystic acne and all. So definitely a no for me

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2011 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Maclover93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this powder, though there's really nothing special about it. It can be used as a setting powder or a light foundation but personally I wouldn't use this as a foundation. I have dry skin sometimes so I don't use this much, because I'm afraid it will look caky. However, it's a nice powder and I use it to set concealer.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by robinizzletheshizzle

I bought this because of so many positive reviews. I've used this several times and for the price, its not so great. My face broke out so bad because of this stuff. The finish was too shimmery and accentuated every pore and flaw on my face. Needless to say, I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by hcs11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HG Powder/Foundation!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff :) Im 15 and I have many acne scars, but I don't feel the need to wear full face of foundation (thank you kat Von d tattoo concealer!) so I just slap on my concealer and this and I'm good to go! It's not cakey, powdery, or flat. It leaves an airbrushed glow to your skin! And it lasts FOREVER! (almost a year). MAC, if you even have thoughts of discontinuing this product, I will surely die.