Bourjois 10hr Sleep Effect

Bourjois 10hr Sleep Effect
image 1image 2image 3

3.9

Water, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Fragrance, Alcohol Denat, Glyceryl Linoleate, Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Linolenate, Tocopherol /- (CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77019/Mica)

on 3/22/2010 11:57:00 AM

First off, I have to say that I love the tiny spouted pump. It's pretty hard to over do it when pumping onto a foundation brush. However, I find it takes me quite a while to blend this product. The sales lady color-matched me with rose clair, and while for the first few days I thought it matched well, it actually ended up being quite pale with a pinkish undertone on me. I am not someone who has oily skin, in fact, I can get quite dry in the winter, but this product actually turned shiny and slid off of my face within a matter of a few hours. For the price, 10 hr sleep effect isn't worth a repurchase for me, but there are some pros to this foundation that other people may like (i.e packaging, smell, consistency in the bottle, etc)

on 3/22/2010 2:07:00 AM

I love this foundation~! I could never really use a liquid foundation because it would make my face break out (clinique superfit foundation is one of the very many). However, this foundation doesn't make me break out and its feels as if I'm putting on a moisturizer! It is VERY runny, but thats what I like about it.

on 3/21/2010 3:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have already bought this foundation twice, it is the best I have ever used. nice and light, very easy to apply and the colour if perfect for my light skin.

its such good value as well, less than a tenner!

on 3/7/2010 7:51:00 AM

I continue my quest to find my HG fndt. and not sure that I have found it or not with this product. I think I need to give it some more time thus this review is based upon initial impressions (approx 5 days)

Colour: excellent match for my C1 NC15 skin (evened out my skin very nicely)

Coverage: light to medium but totally buildable and feels light ( applied it with 187 only)

Lasting power: does not last 10 hours more like 5 and doesn't make my face overly oily

Formula: very runny, smells wonderful.

So, I will wait and see so far so good.

on 2/24/2010 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this foundation because Bourjois was 50% off at my local Priceline and i was interested in trying out their foundations. I was unsure on whether I wanted to try 10 hour sleep effect or the new brush foundation. After much thought and debate amongst myself i decided to go for the 10 hour sleep effect. It contains 30ML of product, whereas the other foundation only contains 16ML of product. Also sleep effect was $1.50 cheaper, retailing at AUD$15.50. I got this in 73 Beige Claire (FYI I am an NC25/30). When i wore this the first time i wasnít initially happy with the result. It gave me light coverage, that didnít help with covering my imperfections. A lot of reviewers here mentioned to wear concealor with this foundation, but i hate wearing concealor! I feel like i am irritating my blemishes and suffocating my face Ė i only wear concealor on special occasions.

Anyway, I went out to a catch up with my friends at a cafe, and it was then that I realised where the 10 hour sleep effect title came from. I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror-like picture frame on my way in and hurried to the bathroom. I was so shocked with what i saw; my face looked so glowy and healthy! It didnít look flawless by any means, but there was a healthy glow that made me look fresh and energised! Seriously i have never experienced anything like this. I am amazed. Iíve been wearing this for the past 2 weeks, this is now up there for me along with my Chanel!

on 2/11/2010 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a nice light foundation. The quality is excellent for a DS brand.

Its very liquidy. It smells great. stings a bit.

The coverage is not as light as suggested by some reviewers if you stipple it. ITs actually a great foundation for stippling because it is so lightweight.

The color range is on the peachy pink side so the closest match for me is not great for my olive/yellow NC25 skin (DIOR 021; Chanel 020; NARS Fiji).

I like it ok. I would probably repurchase if I was low on cash and wanted a reliable light DS foundation.

Def recommend if that sounds like you.

I absolutely adored this foundation. I was originally lured to the product with the 10hour rest claim. As a girl that is never able to get a full night's sleep, finding any sort of foundation that could at least give me the appearance of sleep is important. The finish is very light, the consistency is very fluid, and this foundation is probably ideal for only those that are looking for light coverage.

on 2/3/2010 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this one after finishing my Bourjois Repulpant Reboosting Collagen Foundation. They smell exactly the same as well as the colour (I got this in colour 72 and the last one in shade 62.). But the formula is entirely different. This is runnier and I think the coverage is more sheer. I mean, this is actually a nice foundation if you have pretty good skin. But it just does not work out for me. I have too many blemishes. Now I am mixing this with a primer to make the primer tinted. I don't think I will buy it again.

This foundation's minal enriched formula perfected my skin beyond belief! I can now wear foundation knowing it doing me good, and my skin has never loved me so much!
It doesn't produce a cakey effect or block my pores and the formula is oil-free so it doesn't slide off or look shiny.
I have nearly finished a whole bottle, and because its so fluid and liquid-y it has lasted me for ages.
The smell reminds me of apricots, it doesn't bother me because I like sweet fragrances, and it wears off after the application process or once set with powder, so it really didn't matter.
All in all a product I would recommend and would buy again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the effect. A dreamy perfect matte doll look. But on my oily skin, won't last an hour whenever I go out. I really want to use this, but I cant.