April 18, 2014 | 1386 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Black Out Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by BritnySpears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to buy cheap Maybeline, Rimmel mascaras. Since this was recommended to me I have found my holy grail. Glam, thick lashes. Gets clumpy eventually but I love this to death.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by eshanon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara. Why not have gorgeous, thick black lashes?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Ancora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is THE go-to mascara for drama-queen lashes. It instantly turns them blacker than black, long and thick without clumping- or, at least it does for me, you know how personal mascara experiences are! I don't get spiderlegs from this mascara, though I can imagine that some do. However you apply it, though, it will never come off as a natural look. This is for those glamour occasions, if, like me, you're not deft with false lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by mobo10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a single girl with no kids, husband or mortage this wasn't really a "luxury" buy as I blow money on much stupider things! lol! but all kidding aside, although the price is insane, I really love this mascara! Its so black and glides on sooooo easily! I have really short, straight lashes, this product lengthens and curls without looking over the top. I don't think I can go back to cheap mascara after I run out of this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by gypcc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i received this as a gift.... and i don't think i would have purchased it on my own - i think it's a luxury item... BUT since i've run out of mascara, this isn't just luxury... it's what i'm using every day. and a little goes a nice long way for me. my lashes are long to begin with... this makes them fluttery... and they arent brittle.... they're soft - which i found surprising AND really liked. it's a really dark formula but not a thick formula, it's not runny, but it's not very think, maybe that's why it seems to make my lashes.... fluttery soft and straight up sexy. i really really like this mascara. it may be my HG. time will tell.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by JudithF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bought this alongside DiorShow to try for the first time.
DiorShow was great. But BlackOut....left much to be desired :( I found the formula to be too wet for my taste. It made my lashes clumpy and spidery. Ew.
Save your money, do not purchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2010 8:32:00 AM More reviews by mangoekiwi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this mascara at the airport (which mean it's duty-free) so it wasn't that expensive. It was my first time buying a branded mascara, which meant that I had high expectations for this product.

I liked that the formula is slightly wet -- when I apply the mascara onto my lashes, they don't clump together. I couldn't get the waterproof version, but I have to say for someone with oily lids, the non-waterproof version leaves very little smudging, as compared to a drugstore mascara that claims to be waterproof (e.g. Maybelline). I'm very impressed.

I wouldn't say it is a volumising mascara though. You will have to apply at least two coats if you want thick, dark lashes. This mascara also does not make my lashes look heavy and spidery, which is great.

I have one major gripe however, and it is that this mascara doesn't hold a curl very well. When you have eyelashes like mine that point downwards and refuse to curl even with an eyelash curler, this may not be the mascara you should be using, especially for its hefty price tag. I will credit it for making me want to buy branded mascaras in the future though =)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by maserati

I got this mascara as a gift. I was very excited to see what all the hype was about with this mascara. This mascara was very thick and black. I dont like the brush. It doesnt seperate my lashes leaving very clumpy and spidery looking lashes. It does lengthen. For the cost of this mascara, you would expect magic but it doesnt deliver. Will not be repurchasing this after im done. Will stick with my covergirl lashblast fusion(PURPLE ONE).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for about 5 or 6 years, its something i've repurchased soo many times! I would regard it as a 'good to fall back on' mascara, cos like all Dior mascaras it gives a non-brittle good quality result-and it doesn't ever surprise when Dior Mascaras come top in beauty lists! The outstanding feature of this mascara is the 'Black Out' effect-its a very black effect mascara! More dramatic than a normal mascara, which is what kept drawing me to it in the first place! But i've used it for so long now that i feel i've moved on from this one! And for the price I would like something a bit more special and a tube thats longer lasting.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by VersaillesVixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am a devoted believer in the power of classic Diorshow, so recently I couldn't resist trying the mini-size of Black Out when it was on sale. Unfortunately, it was a total disappointment. I've had it for about a month now, and I rarely use it. I keep it in my desk at work for days when I find out I'm going out after work and want to have a mascara at hand, but otherwise, I wouldn't use it. The brush is poor quality, no different than any other drugstore brand. The mascara itself is really goopy. The texture is just a bit too runny to apply well, but just thick enough that it seems to always clump too. When I apply Black Out, it always just looks like I have three dark lashes on my eyes, no definition or plumping. And I don't like shiny lashes, and Black Out is pretty shiny. Maybe it's good for some people, but for the price, you'd do just as well buying Lash Stiletto and pocket the extra $20 you'll save.