September 15, 2014 | 1816 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Fresh Farmacy

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by encee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was given this as sample by the nice italian salesgirl. i looked like a lost lamb in the LUSH shop filled with italian wordings on all the packagings. it's a nice grainy, chalky soap that tames my acne-prone skin well. it melts quickly. i managed to use my sample for 3weeks. beautiful texture, with a fresh aftermath, would luve to keep using this soap especially for that time of the month. yes i would buy this again if i could.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by maggiejeanjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never really got the big deal everyone made about LUSH, because everytime I went by the store it smelled sooooo bad! This soap (as well as Coalface) has made me a convert! I have very oily, acne prone skin with slight redness (maybe mild roseca?). This is a soft bar soap, with a slight pleasant scent. This has done wonders with curbing the redness in my skin, as well as helping with my oiliness and acne. I don't find this overdrying, but it gets my skin squeeky clean. I still get occasional breakouts, but they are very mild and far less frequent. The price on this is pretty high for a bar soap, but considering I have very oily problem-prone skin it's worth it for me to repurchase it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by bluemymind99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

What a mess. I don't understand how a product that is supposed to clean your face is itself so hard to keep sanitary. You have to handle it with your hands like it's a bar of soap and there's no place to properly store it when it's wet. You can't take it in the shower because it gets nasty so quickly, but who doesn't wash their face in the shower?!? For the first week I had it, FF did make my face feel clean, but then I started to break out. Furthermore, none of Lush's claims for this cleanser bore fruit; my face was as red, itchy, and flaky as ever, but with more zits!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2011 5:03:00 AM More reviews by leni423

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loved the smell of it as well as the consistency. I too tried the wet entire bar and then smear on face method which worked fine. The effects were not life-changing; just good.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 6:52:00 AM More reviews by pingwing87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this product for over a month now and I have to say, it only is a good product if you know how to use it. The first weeks I just lather it up on my hand and smeared it on my face (then cleanse it with water). I was a bit disappointed because I didn't notice any of the great results I've read. But then I did something else. I put the whole chunk (that I've cut out from the larger piece I've bought) under streaming water so it's wet. Afterwards I use the chuck to scrub it on my face until it's all lathered up. Then I use a facial sponge to really mend the product in, let it absorb for a halve minute or so and cleanse it off with water. HELLO, GREAT RESULTS! :) My face feels clean, definitely less outbreaks though I'm still looking for the right moisturizer..

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by lieske

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Didn't do anything spectacular for the price in terms of cleansing. It was hard to rinse off because some of it still stuck to my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by chinagirl

Well I've been using this for several months now so I think I can accurately review it. This has been a lifesaver for my extremely oily, acne prone skin. While this is described as a bar soap I find the consistency to be more like a solid cream, if that makes sense. It dissolves very easily & is much softer than a traditional bar of soap. It's messy to use but it's so worth it. I also use herbalism & coalface but the fresh farmacy has made the most improvement in my skin's texture & has reduced some of the redness. It's also the most effective out of the 3 LUSH cleansers I mentioned in dealing with oiliness. It is a little pricey & messy to use but it really works for me & I will continue to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2011 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Magnificus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had really hopes for this product, but it didn't deliver. It actually made my skin worse! I broke out more and I might've developed a rash (there were non-acne bumps on my cheeks). My face looked like the bottom of a river - pebbly. Every time I used this, it left my face feeling waxy and unclean - like there was a film of residue. This also made my skin look dull. There is rose extract in it, and that further irritated my skin more. The only thing that was a positive, was that it helped reduce redness. I used this for quite some time hoping that my skin was just going through the purging process, but it was a waste of my time. Plus, this cleanser comes in a bar form so you'd have to buy a container to store your soap in. Not only does this cleanser work against you and is a hassle to store, it was not cheap! If I could give this 0 stars, I would.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by svallentine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this product. my skin has been bad since my teen years & I suffer from cystic acne in my t-zone. I get some blackheads & the occasional spot otherwise as well. I generally use a cleanser with some medical ingredients & it's normally fine unless I'm under a lot of stress or it's that time of the month.
now this product I found pretty messy first off. (I could care less if it helped my skin though.) sadly, i used this for about a month & i kept getting nasty breakouts way worse than I was before using it. I feel like I figured out that it just wasn't for me based on one of the ingredients but I'm forgetting which one it was..

I'm sure this is great for uncomplicated acne, but id stay away from it if you have cystic. I do however like the tea tree toner and grease lightening & have kept purchasing them.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by love4lacquer

WARNING: THIS WILL BE LONG - I am using this review to track my progress to see if/what results I get from this face soap.

I decided this was the best way to chronicle my use & review of this Lush soap. Today is 06/21/11 and I bought the item last night. I got a chunk the size of about a credit card (2 inches thick) for about 5$ I love how LUSH allows you to buy based on size, so you can spend your own choice. Also, I have found with other LUSH soaps that they last very long if you keep them in a container (do not get them soaked in the shower, they smush up and melt).

Onto the soap.. I was reccomended this for oily problematic teenage acne skin.. This was after about 5 previous trips being advised other items, including this one. I always passed on it since its for sensitive skin which I didn't think I have.

Other items had not been working, so finally I went last night and said sure to this soap, even though I didnt think it would work. My thoughts were that since it is for sensitive skin it may have less acting power, and I need all the power I can get to help my face.

So here I am, after using it once last night and once this morning. Immediately after use last night I was liking it more and more. It left my face dry and not shiny (I am oily so I aim to be dry, others may find it too drying). I felt like my face was clean and soft, no film left from the more moisturizing soaps which I have experienced before..

I put on my LUSH Tea Tree Toner, Grease Lightening Spot Gel, and a moisturizer (can't spell it but its somethign like enzymion?) and went to bed. This morning, I woke up and honestly saw my skin looked calmer. Less red and inflamed around the acne, and even the acne itself seemed to be a few notches lessened.

I did the same routine this morning, and again after washing I truly felt like this is what i wanted to be doing to my skin.. gentle and soft, but still cleansing.

I am not saying that I believe this is some miracle worker. But I am feeling a bit more hopeful that I will find a way to battle my troubled skin. This is why I am starting this today. I will periodically update (partially for myself and partially to help others decide if this may be for them) and track the progress of using this new face care regime.

UPDATE: 06/28/2011 - one week into use, now alternating with Dark Angels in the evening, this is looking to help even more, the few spots that pop up go away within a day or two, much better than the longer breakouts I used to have. Still a little bit of bumps on my forehead, a place i never had much trouble with before however they are looking to be getting smaller and smaller, so hopefully going away soon. So far so good I say!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, and I will most definitely keep this updated with my results. Thanks for reading!