August 27, 2014 | 949 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Lip Stain

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Kricket53

The colour is applied with a texta-type applicator. Cute but I also found it very hard to apply the colour evenly for some reason. It seemed to pile up where my lips were a bit dry. The colour did last for quite awhile but the reason I wouldn't buy this again is the balm broke as soon as I used it.

It just snapped in half! It's not retractable so you have this big chunk of balm that as soon as pressure is applied it breaks. And then it melted into the bottom of the cap. (Australia - hot climate = melty makeup).

I wouldn't have minded if it was a $15 lip balm but I paid $20-25 for it so I expected it to be half decent. Very dissapointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by kkfashionista

I bought this in the color Passion. LOVE the color - hate the formulation. Even when I exfoliate my lips prior and condition like crazy - this stain never totally sets into my lips. It wipes off even when I go to apply the balm that comes with. I've had lipsticks last much longer. It's a major bummer because I love the idea of a lipstain. I'm an RN student and my makeup really needs to go on quickly and last since I'm out the door all day. I thought this would be perfect, to just have to carry balm to keep my lips hydrated, but it just came off immediately :( YUCK.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by nawnaw101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the color Frenzy the red one and they are good if u just want a sheer wash of natural looking color, but its nothing to write home about you have to store them upside down so they won't dry out but even then getting an all over wash of color is difficult to achieve and is quite annoying since the first application its quite bold but then ever application after is much sheerer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by haidehh

These stains are horrible. really bad product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by centrechic

I have this in tons of colors and they all look amazing! I love that there's a balm on the other end because stains are very drying. Minus one star for the balm being extended out so when I pulled off the cap, I broke/knocked it out of the tube. It's now in a little jar. I wish they would have a scrollable lip balm so that wouldn't happen.

Overall, amazing color and a great product!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by deebon

I bought it in Lust after I thought it would be natural looking colour on me -unfortunately so natural, you could barely notice it at all!

Also, be weary when you open the product for the first time. The balm end is already hyper extended, so I accidentally knocked off the whole thing when I took the cap off the first time. I also find the pen applicator very unusual and artificial. Takes 'drawing on your face' to a whole other level. Overall, not very satisfied with my purchase. I feel cheated that Revlon would come out with such a new crap product, instead of discontinuing it immediately.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2010 5:05:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First, applying this product feels exactly what (I imagine) it would feel like to color your lip in with a marker. This doesn't bother me, but I can see how some might find this application method unusual/annoying. That said, I think this is a great product which comes in a wide variety of nice color options. I own two but would probably not buy any more - as nice as they are, I never use the two I own. The reason for this is the products main drawback, and what kills it for me personally: you HAVE to have smooth, even lips to apply this. Or it looks really, really bad. I almost always have dry, chapped, uneven lips. I try not to, I think it looks horrible without the added addition of a stain, but that's just how my lips tend to be. This will settle into the cracks in your lips, if you have them. If you are like me and cannot smooth out your lips for the life of you, even with primer, this might be no-go. (Sally Hansen makes a neat lip primer which I'm convinced, again, is a great product, just not for me- though I guess since the product claims to even out lip texture and it doesnt, how great can it be? hm.. anyway..). The product does not lie in its claim to stain lips. For those who want color without the glossy/shiny/lipsticky look, this is perfect. And a nice change from a "matte" lipstick look, too, as it's not matte, it just makes your lips look the same texture but a different color. And of course you can add gloss on top as you please. Another thing: product is kind of unwieldy and giant, I woudl have been okay with them making it far smaller and taking away the chapstick on one of the ends- a nice idea but I have plenty of chapstick, and I'm sure everyone else does too. Overall, I'd say give it a shot if you don't have revolting lips like me!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2010 4:06:00 AM More reviews by elizzie1119

I purchased the Revlon just bitten in passion on a whim and am in love with it right now. The stain lasted a good 5 hours before I needed to reapply, even after eating. I like how the stain didn't dry out my lips and the color didn't seep into the lines of the lips. The balm feels kind of amazing, very soft and moisturizing. You can apply a light stain for a natural light pink look in the morning and a pop pink for going out. The only thing I dislike is the packaging because the balm might break off if you're not careful with the cap. This product is in my opinion better than Benefit's lip stain and Cover girls out last lip stain.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 6:03:00 PM More reviews by saint1

This lip stain lasts forever!! I put it on one night, and still had it on the next morning... even after a shower! This lipstain is definitely better than covergirl outlast...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Musa15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in Frenzy it's just soo pretty! It's a duo, with the stain on one side and a lip balm. Frenzy is very beautiful it's like a berry pink that goes on sheer when you dab it a couple of times, but you can build up the intensity which is nice. I would buy more of these, especially since the price is so good, I got it on sale at rite aid.