November 27, 2014 | 1359 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Lip Stain

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by swtxos

I don't understand why this has a 2.7 rating and BeneFit Benetint has a 3.6 rating!?

This lipstain is cost effective ($10CAD) and comes in a wide range of colours to choose from (my favourite shade is definitely Passion). As with all lipstains, the staying power is phenomenal. It doesn't offer any moisturizing properties to your lips, but lets get real here, lipstains never do. I never found application blotchy or that it settles into my fine lines, though you may want to consider this if you have mature lips. The stain is easily buildable if you want a more intense colour. I like that it comes with a convenient balm at the other end of the stick, albeit the cap is is awkward and you may run the risk of breaking off the balm. I think that's something Revlon should take into consideration if they decide to re-package this item in a more practical manner. In the meantime, just live with the awkward balm.

Other than the balm issue, I think Revlon lipstain is a great product and I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Hannahbby2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love these! I have two, Beloved and Passion. Beloved is a mauve/berry toned color, and Passion is a bright pink. I first tried these back in october for my school's homecoming, I wore a gorgeous purple dress and wore the lipstain in Beloved with a gloss on top. I was so surprised at how long this lasted, I got through dinner and only had to reapply my lipgloss once. I highly recommend these if you are going to be wearing it somewhere like a dance, club, even a wedding, where you don't want to be bothered with reapplying your lipstick a million times throughout the night.

The lipstain itself is awesome. Some have a tendency to be drying (ehm, covergirl outlast), but this one, even without using the balm, is still not as drying as some of the other's I've tried.

The only gripe I have is about the packaging. At first, I was under the impression that the lip balm would twist up at the bottom, but actually, it's just there, covered by a cap. Because of this design flaw, you have to be really careful not to press too hard or the balm will fall out.

Overall, I love the product, and would repurchase. I do wish the balm would twist up into the tube, but it's not a big enough turnoff to keep me from repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Kricket53

The colour is applied with a texta-type applicator. Cute but I also found it very hard to apply the colour evenly for some reason. It seemed to pile up where my lips were a bit dry. The colour did last for quite awhile but the reason I wouldn't buy this again is the balm broke as soon as I used it.

It just snapped in half! It's not retractable so you have this big chunk of balm that as soon as pressure is applied it breaks. And then it melted into the bottom of the cap. (Australia - hot climate = melty makeup).

I wouldn't have minded if it was a $15 lip balm but I paid $20-25 for it so I expected it to be half decent. Very dissapointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by kkfashionista

I bought this in the color Passion. LOVE the color - hate the formulation. Even when I exfoliate my lips prior and condition like crazy - this stain never totally sets into my lips. It wipes off even when I go to apply the balm that comes with. I've had lipsticks last much longer. It's a major bummer because I love the idea of a lipstain. I'm an RN student and my makeup really needs to go on quickly and last since I'm out the door all day. I thought this would be perfect, to just have to carry balm to keep my lips hydrated, but it just came off immediately :( YUCK.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by nawnaw101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the color Frenzy the red one and they are good if u just want a sheer wash of natural looking color, but its nothing to write home about you have to store them upside down so they won't dry out but even then getting an all over wash of color is difficult to achieve and is quite annoying since the first application its quite bold but then ever application after is much sheerer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by haidehh

These stains are horrible. really bad product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by centrechic

I have this in tons of colors and they all look amazing! I love that there's a balm on the other end because stains are very drying. Minus one star for the balm being extended out so when I pulled off the cap, I broke/knocked it out of the tube. It's now in a little jar. I wish they would have a scrollable lip balm so that wouldn't happen.

Overall, amazing color and a great product!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by deebon

I bought it in Lust after I thought it would be natural looking colour on me -unfortunately so natural, you could barely notice it at all!

Also, be weary when you open the product for the first time. The balm end is already hyper extended, so I accidentally knocked off the whole thing when I took the cap off the first time. I also find the pen applicator very unusual and artificial. Takes 'drawing on your face' to a whole other level. Overall, not very satisfied with my purchase. I feel cheated that Revlon would come out with such a new crap product, instead of discontinuing it immediately.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2010 5:05:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First, applying this product feels exactly what (I imagine) it would feel like to color your lip in with a marker. This doesn't bother me, but I can see how some might find this application method unusual/annoying. That said, I think this is a great product which comes in a wide variety of nice color options. I own two but would probably not buy any more - as nice as they are, I never use the two I own. The reason for this is the products main drawback, and what kills it for me personally: you HAVE to have smooth, even lips to apply this. Or it looks really, really bad. I almost always have dry, chapped, uneven lips. I try not to, I think it looks horrible without the added addition of a stain, but that's just how my lips tend to be. This will settle into the cracks in your lips, if you have them. If you are like me and cannot smooth out your lips for the life of you, even with primer, this might be no-go. (Sally Hansen makes a neat lip primer which I'm convinced, again, is a great product, just not for me- though I guess since the product claims to even out lip texture and it doesnt, how great can it be? hm.. anyway..). The product does not lie in its claim to stain lips. For those who want color without the glossy/shiny/lipsticky look, this is perfect. And a nice change from a "matte" lipstick look, too, as it's not matte, it just makes your lips look the same texture but a different color. And of course you can add gloss on top as you please. Another thing: product is kind of unwieldy and giant, I woudl have been okay with them making it far smaller and taking away the chapstick on one of the ends- a nice idea but I have plenty of chapstick, and I'm sure everyone else does too. Overall, I'd say give it a shot if you don't have revolting lips like me!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2010 4:06:00 AM More reviews by elizzie1119

I purchased the Revlon just bitten in passion on a whim and am in love with it right now. The stain lasted a good 5 hours before I needed to reapply, even after eating. I like how the stain didn't dry out my lips and the color didn't seep into the lines of the lips. The balm feels kind of amazing, very soft and moisturizing. You can apply a light stain for a natural light pink look in the morning and a pop pink for going out. The only thing I dislike is the packaging because the balm might break off if you're not careful with the cap. This product is in my opinion better than Benefit's lip stain and Cover girls out last lip stain.