Boots no7 Protect and Perfect beauty serum

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Dimethicone Copolyol, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium PCA, Retinyl Palmitate, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Lupinus Albus Seed Extract, Carbomer, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Morus Alba Leaf Extract, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7

on 5/14/2008 5:17:00 PM

All this did for me was make me oily and have breakouts. My skin felt suffocated underneath it. I think I may be sensitive to silicones.

on 5/1/2008 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Judging from the reviews, I appear to have been just lucky, but this has become my HG moisturiser. It smooths, evens out and even reduces pores, and has completely got rid of the fine lines around my mouth. And it seems to last too, I didn't wear it on holiday for 3 weeks and my skin continued to feel the same as after I applied it last.
As it's relatively cheap, you could give it a shot - just in case it works as well for you as it does for me.

I use the body serum aswell which has had a similar (though not as marked) effect on my neck and cleavage.

on 4/11/2008 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

There is too much silicone in this for me. I love having a smooth soft face, but I like it to be because my skin is smooth and soft, not because a layer of silicone makes it slippery! Also, I may be wrong here, but surely putting the silicone between my skin and the moisturiser that I put on top, will mean that the moisturiser is absorbed less well? Having greasy skin, I am used to creams sliding around my face and leaving it feeling like an oil-slick. This one doesn't leave it oily, but it does leave it slippery.

I bought this about 6 months ago, have used about half the tube, and probably won't finish it. It has a nice texture on my finger, no discernable smell (this is a good thing!) and spreads well and smoothly, but... I just can't bring myself to keep slathering it on for the 10 -12 weeks it will take for the active ingredients to have an effect. There are so many other potions and lotions out there that feel 'healthier' when I use them - Liz Earle, Decleor, Elemis, Gatineau, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Jojoba Oil, Shea Butter... In comparison this one just feels slippery and synthetic.

on 3/20/2008 5:29:00 AM

I was furious with myself for buying this, because I thought I'd just bought into all the silly hype. But....it's done amazing things! I have sensitive, quite dry skin, with a few annoying pores and lots of flaky patches in winter, and some redness. All of these things have been noticably improved, and to my astonishment some (very fine) lines have also diminished. My skin feels much smoother and softer too.
The serum does leave quite a noticable silicone-like finish (which I don't find offensive, and it doesn't interfere with my moisturiser or makeup), and I have to use quite a bit of it to get full coverage. No scent, which is good. Obviously this doesn't work for everyone, but I am thrilled with the results I've got.
It's still early days though - I really hope that these fabulous effects continue as I continue to use this product - will update if they recede or if I get any problems with further use!

UPDATE: have knocked off a star because I can't use this every day. But I still get pretty good effects from more occasional use. Further cons include the increasingly musty smell (I have noticed this in ALL No7 skin products - sort it out, Boots!) but I don't care too much since it doesn't linger and I have to use so much of this at once it doesn't take me long to get through a tube. I prefer the new (cheaper!) tube packaging.

on 3/13/2008 10:37:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have NO IDEA what this is supposed to do. What was the hype about? This did absolutely nothing for me. And I used it for weeks!

I would think I did not even apply this at all except it annoys me after applicaiton. It absorbs quickly and then feels like there is an invisible sheet over your skin. But not one that does something like nourish and give you great skin in the morning. You put it on, then you know you put it on because your skin feels covered and 'pulled' somehwat.. and nothing happens. Doesn't matter if you repeat it for weeks.

Not all 'hype' products are disappointing. This one just makes me baffled. What's it supposed to DO?

on 3/3/2008 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

On my first trip to London, the ONLY thing on my list of things to buy was this product. Our local news program did a story on this sometime last year. Having caught my attention, I looked around the web and found a lot of good reviews so I just HAD to get it for myself. I must admit, at first I mistook this as a moisturiser. Although it will function fine as a moisturiser for normal skin, it's not that great for a dry skin just on its own. It does leave this thin film on your skin and makes it feel very soft and supple. I quite liked the way my skin felt after it. When I am not having a stressful week and I havent polluted it with alcohol or cigarettes, this works great on its own.. otherwise I need an additional moisturiser. I'm kicking myself because I didnt get the accompanying day and night moisturiser. I will have to get that on my next trip. At the moment, I'm using a very light SKII Aqua Physics moisturiser as an accompaniment.. I think they work pretty well together..

on 3/2/2008 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This has made a huge difference to the appearence and texture of my dry skin, bought it becuase of the hype, as I have done with lots of other face creams, however I actually finished a bottle and have since re-purchased. I use this under a paula's choice moisturizer and my skin looks and feels better than it did in my 20's. At last I've found a regime that works well for me. At nearly 17 this isn't cheap but it certainly isn't in the price bracket of many other so called miracle products. My only bug bear is the packaging, the original glass pump dispenser meant you couldn't get the last bits out of the bottle. They have re-designed and it now comes in an ugly plastic tube.

on 2/20/2008 5:34:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

A really good product that makes a visible improvement in the look and texture of my skin. Smooth, and easy to apply, and has clearly made a difference in reducing fine lines. The only downside for me is the slightly 'un-natural' greasy / silicone texture, which I've had to get used to when I first used it.

I've been using it for months now, it's just great, it really is. I really don't see how other more expensive products could add that much extra benefit for them to be worth the extra price.

on 12/18/2007 12:41:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I have been using this for about a month now. I am really pleased with the results. This product comes in a squeezy tube so you can get the amount you need out, my only gripe is it doesnt stand up on my dressing table. When I first got it I thought the amount was tiny for the price but after 4 weeks I have tons left and I use it morning and night. This product glides on my face and makes my skin feel super smooth. You only need a small amount. I wear it underneath my moisturiser (containing sunscreen) and have no problem with it making me greasy or anything. No breakouts or peeling from the retinol ingredient. Will buy again when I've used it.

on 11/10/2007 6:56:00 AM

Generally a nice product but did not really see any difference in my skin. I bought it due to its claims regarding sun damage as I use sun beds but Dermalogica Shin Hydrating Booster is far better even though a lot more expensive.

Popular Treatments (Face)