July 26, 2014 | 1481 users online

Treatments (Face) - Boots - no7 Protect and Perfect beauty serum

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2008 10:37:00 AM More reviews by alissss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have NO IDEA what this is supposed to do. What was the hype about? This did absolutely nothing for me. And I used it for weeks!

I would think I did not even apply this at all except it annoys me after applicaiton. It absorbs quickly and then feels like there is an invisible sheet over your skin. But not one that does something like nourish and give you great skin in the morning. You put it on, then you know you put it on because your skin feels covered and 'pulled' somehwat.. and nothing happens. Doesn't matter if you repeat it for weeks.

Not all 'hype' products are disappointing. This one just makes me baffled. What's it supposed to DO?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2008 4:10:00 AM More reviews by arose4lee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

On my first trip to London, the ONLY thing on my list of things to buy was this product. Our local news program did a story on this sometime last year. Having caught my attention, I looked around the web and found a lot of good reviews so I just HAD to get it for myself. I must admit, at first I mistook this as a moisturiser. Although it will function fine as a moisturiser for normal skin, it's not that great for a dry skin just on its own. It does leave this thin film on your skin and makes it feel very soft and supple. I quite liked the way my skin felt after it. When I am not having a stressful week and I havent polluted it with alcohol or cigarettes, this works great on its own.. otherwise I need an additional moisturiser. I'm kicking myself because I didnt get the accompanying day and night moisturiser. I will have to get that on my next trip. At the moment, I'm using a very light SKII Aqua Physics moisturiser as an accompaniment.. I think they work pretty well together..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2008 9:30:00 AM More reviews by seddon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has made a huge difference to the appearence and texture of my dry skin, bought it becuase of the hype, as I have done with lots of other face creams, however I actually finished a bottle and have since re-purchased. I use this under a paula's choice moisturizer and my skin looks and feels better than it did in my 20's. At last I've found a regime that works well for me. At nearly 17 this isn't cheap but it certainly isn't in the price bracket of many other so called miracle products. My only bug bear is the packaging, the original glass pump dispenser meant you couldn't get the last bits out of the bottle. They have re-designed and it now comes in an ugly plastic tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2008 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Viridian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A really good product that makes a visible improvement in the look and texture of my skin. Smooth, and easy to apply, and has clearly made a difference in reducing fine lines. The only downside for me is the slightly 'un-natural' greasy / silicone texture, which I've had to get used to when I first used it.

I've been using it for months now, it's just great, it really is. I really don't see how other more expensive products could add that much extra benefit for them to be worth the extra price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2007 12:41:00 PM More reviews by SinfullyGirly

I have been using this for about a month now. I am really pleased with the results. This product comes in a squeezy tube so you can get the amount you need out, my only gripe is it doesnt stand up on my dressing table. When I first got it I thought the amount was tiny for the price but after 4 weeks I have tons left and I use it morning and night. This product glides on my face and makes my skin feel super smooth. You only need a small amount. I wear it underneath my moisturiser (containing sunscreen) and have no problem with it making me greasy or anything. No breakouts or peeling from the retinol ingredient. Will buy again when I've used it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2007 6:56:00 AM More reviews by threehotdogs

Generally a nice product but did not really see any difference in my skin. I bought it due to its claims regarding sun damage as I use sun beds but Dermalogica Shin Hydrating Booster is far better even though a lot more expensive.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 7:45:00 PM More reviews by gforce7

A horrible greasy formula that seems to sit on top of my skin rather than being properly absorbed. It's not pleasant to apply, nor does it feel good on my skin. However the main reason why I will not be re-purchasing this product is because it somehow managed to break me out in areas where I never usually get spots (?!)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 7:09:00 PM More reviews by mskilicious

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this product. I've just turned 31 and have been looking for something to give me "a little help" with my developing fine lines, mainly around the eyes. The hype (BBC no less!) and the fact it's not ridiculously expensive sold it to me. I guess my expectations may have been too high. I've been using it on and off for about 12 weeks and so far I've not seen any improvement in my fine lines or in my skin tone. I've been using it on and off because it breaks me out - tiny whiteheads and little hard bumps under the skin (basically blocked pores), especially around the chin and jawline. I think I must have fairly sensitive skin because a few foundations make my skin react like this too, but I expect more from skincare! I won't be repurchasing because obviously there's something in it that my skin can't tolerate. My step mother likes it though (but again, no obvious improvements and she's been using it religiously for much longer than me).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2007 4:03:00 AM More reviews by JClarke

I couldn't not try this, having read about it so much. I had been trying another retinol product from Skinceuticals, which I had found to have good results - fine lines reduced, overall better skin tone. But the Skinceuticals product cost 3 times as much as No 7 so I thought I'd give Protect and Perfect a go. I don't think the results are as dramatic although I suppose it's difficult to tell now since I had already been using the other product immediately before. I have bought a second one since I believe it is supposed to take a minimum of 4 weeks to take effect. I tend to use this more liberally, as it is cheaper, with moisturizer over the top as instructed. After the first few days I did notice very slight peeling of the skin which was a bit worrying but this soon went. I guess time will tell whether it really is a miracle product or not. I'll probably continue to use it until the next one hits the shelves!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2007 4:54:00 AM More reviews by makeupdrawer2full

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This really works for me. I noticed a difference within 2-3 weeks, lines seemed reduced, and skin more supple. I do use retin-A and extra virgin olive oil. I believe that it isn't necessary to spend alot of money on face products. But to reduce lines, you do need to use retinoids such as retin A, which really does work miracles...and I spent alot of time in the sun in my youth.

I did something really silly once. I went to an expensive hotel in California and used the spa treatments there, a facial, and a pedicure. I bought a few products and was shocked at the bill...about $900!!!

After this facial, I didn't notice any difference in my skin, in fact I just felt guilty and bad because I was ripped off.

Two weeks later I had Restylane put into my nasial folds (the bit between the nose and mouth). This cost $500...a little more than the facial. The result took 10 years off my face.

If you are trying to achieve younger looking skin, then I think facials are a complete waste of money. I would rather save up and do restylane which lasts one year. I haven't tried botox yet...but am tempted.

So, buying this little Boots product which has a bit of retinoid in it will really work because it actually changes the cellular structure. Buying expensive products like Creme de la Mer, is just throwing money away to a place called HOPE.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No