July 25, 2014 | 1123 users online

Moisturizers - Lancome - Hydra Zen

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2003 2:42:00 PM More reviews by lizzie29

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for the lotion in the pump bottle. I have slightly oily combination skin so I have a problem with most moisturizers feeling too greasy. This is very light and pleasant. I use it at night since it doesn't have sunscreen. I would buy it again for the fragrance alone. It feels slightly numbing on my skin at first. I find that and the scent helps put me to sleep. It feels very comforting on my sensitive, rosacea-prone, oily and dry all at once skin. It is light and not heavy. Just what I want. I love the way the little bottle looks, and the nice little pump on top. You MUST smell this light delicious fragrace, just wish I could buy this as perfume! If you are prone to breakouts this is the one to use, it is light, no oil, and feels really nice with just a YUMMY scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2003 10:41:00 PM More reviews by jjff

This moisturizer works well for my combination skin when used on the dry areas of my face. It goes on smooth, absorbs quickly and leaves my cheeks, chin and undereye areas soft and supple. However, although the formula is designed for daywear, Hydra Zen does not contain sunscreen, which makes many sunscreen-enriched facial lotions on the market an easier, more attractive choice.

I have been using my generous 1/4 oz GWP sample at night and,lightly, under Clinique CityBlock, a superb, but somewhat drying physical sunscreen. I would gladly purchase this product if Lancome comes out with a sunscreen-positive version.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2003 12:04:00 PM More reviews by maarit

It smelled nice, went on smoothly and left my face soft but there's no sunscreen! I want my regimen as simple as possible so I need a moisturizer with spf.
The sample package was okay but it was hard to use this stuff all up.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2003 7:33:00 AM More reviews by shirfene

Its designed for dry skins, but I use it during winters on my dry cheeks, and find it works.

It smells good, not scented as strong as other lancome products.

There's one thing that bothers me, the SUPER THICK cream...makes it so hard for my skin to absorb...It took a bit long for the cream to be totally absorbed.
but i guess thats fine, since it isnt oily at all.
And since it's a day cream without sunscreen, I'm wearing this only when I'm not going out. I like the night cream version of Hydra Zen better -- Hydra Zen Nuit. The texture is softer and not as thick as this day cream version, absorbed into skin better, too. Anyway, this Hydra zen line of Lancome, including the eyecream, has made my skin fully hydrated during winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2003 3:51:00 AM More reviews by ckmod

It smells delish and the bottle is so cute but I don't really see any de-stressing happening. My skin is the same as it would be with a moisturiser that costs a fraction of this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2003 2:47:00 AM More reviews by evildolly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this moisturizer, I tend to have dry (read flakey), easily irritated skin even in the humid singapore weather, and I've tried quite a few brands with varying levels of success.

I just got Hydrazen yesterday, used it once, and I could see and feel the difference today, and I decided to skip foundation (just a sunscreen)

my bf even commented that my skin looked very good.

love it=D

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2003 2:59:00 AM More reviews by marmalady

Have a sample of this (GWP) and it's good when my skin acts up. When my skin gets all dry and flaky, I'll use this to sooth it. By the next morning, my skin's back to normal!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2003 11:46:00 PM More reviews by kkdallas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a lovely moisturizer. It is gel-like and it for drier skins. y skin is moist and I use it at night. I still like Kiehls' Ultra for my daytime moisturizer. I love the fragrance but can see how some users can be put off by the scent. I still want to try La Mer but this is a nice, silky moisturizer to use in the interim. Unless La Mar is my panacea, I will buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2003 5:56:00 AM More reviews by perrier

Lovely packaging, and great scent. I have the creme version of this product and use it just on my dry cheeks in the morning. Makeup goes on smoothly over it and it has not irritated my senstive skin at all. Overall a very good moisturizer, with a light gel texture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2003 8:29:00 PM More reviews by luba

I got this based on a recommendation for my dehydrated skin. My skin is dry on the cheeks and it gets flaky, especially in the colder months. So far I'm really happy with this product and have been using it for a week. No breakouts, which is a concern of mine. The smell is fine although I like Bienfait Total's scent better. Most importantly, it makes my skin so soft and smooth.