October 23, 2014 | 1666 users online

Foundations - Meow Cosmetics - Pampered Puss Mineral Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2008 2:13:00 PM More reviews by nynaeve77

I'd never tried a mineral foundation, and my sister turned me on to Meow. I ordered a bunch of samples (which are only a buck!) to find out what shade I needed (Frisky Bengal). I have fairly decent skin, so I ordered the Pampered Puss formula and I love it! It blends nicely into my skin and keeps the shine at bay for hours. My color cosmetics adhere nicely to it and last all day. I don't have to use much product to get good coverage. I don't even bother with a liquid foundation anymore because I love this stuff so much!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2007 11:55:00 AM More reviews by faedreams79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this makeup. I heard good reviews about it online, and I decided to try it instead of reordering my EM. I am so sorry that I did. It caused my skin to break out terribly! I have so many blackheads on my forehead now- the one part of my face that is usually free of blackheads! And I have sore, large pimples on my chin and more zits on my cheeks! I will not repurchase! In fact I have ordered my other mineral makeup and chosen the fastest shipping option!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2007 3:16:00 AM More reviews by Fearnotsomuch

After being a BE user for 2 years, I thought I'd never try anything else. That is until I got a sample of meow. The coverage is some much better than what I got from BE and with all of the options, I was able to find a much better color match. This doesn't make my skin itch, feels less "dry" on my face but still fights the shine factor.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2007 5:23:00 AM More reviews by sparklemotion

Wow - it has taken me over 10 MMUs to find the best one (everything from LM. BE, UD and pretty much all the online etailers) and here it is!! This line does not get enough love on MUA. They have the best colour selection I have encountered - I ordered about 10 samples and 8 of them matched me pretty much perfectly. I don't think I could choose which one is best! Their texture is just brilliant as well - I look so smooth and virtually poreless even before various finishing powders go on - and their finishing powders are great as well, but that is for another review

I urge people who are still looking for their HG MMU to check out this line. They ship internationally too which is great as I have to use a mail-forwarding company for my 2nd favourite Aromaleigh.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2007 12:34:00 PM More reviews by thatgirlangie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best mineral foundation I have used--and I have used around fourteen different ones. Although it is a little tricky to find the right "cat breed" (color), this foundation offers natural looking coverage and oil control, and it doesn't irritate my ultra-sensitive skin in anyway. In fact, this foundation has cleared up most of my acne and has reduced the size of my pores dramatically!

In the summer I like to use the Combination Skin Primer underneath. No concealer needed with this foundation--it layers well. This is definitely my HG!!

UPDATE: Still love the formula, but can only use this in the summer, when my skin is tan. After countless rounds of samples and mixing different "breeds," I still cannot find my pale skin match. Everything is either too pink, yellow, orange, or ashy. Sticking with Alima in the winter... until my skin is dark enough to compensate for the wrong foundation color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2007 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Berrynice

I admit this is the first mineral cosmetic I've tried, but I love it so much I'm very confident I don't need to look any further. It lasts all day, feels very comfortable to wear and it looks fantastic on. It covers and blends so well it just looks like I've got incredibly great skin! After trying this product, I'm never going back to main stream liquid foundation EVER! And I use to think Revlon ColourStay was great - HA!

Update: I still love this foundation! It's truly a Holy Grail product. I bought a full size foundation jar over 7 months ago and I'm only half way through it!! Fantastic value for your money. Go try some! You wont be disappointed.

I rate this product so highly, that every time theres a sale - I'll purchase more foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2007 1:18:00 PM More reviews by ed8888

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Overall a very nice mineral foundation. The colors are pretty light, and while the texture is good, for the Pampered puss level the coverage is so, so sheer. I smeared some of the this on a piece of paper and then smeared some of my other brands of MMU and the pigment was so light. When I applied heavy layers to my face although it doesn't look cakey it does look a little powdery at first, and my freckling and uneven skintone STILL show through, it looks like I am wearing powder instead of foundation. The colors are very nice and natural though. Since they do offer a heavier coverage MMU I am going to sample that next and then see if it will work.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2007 10:48:00 PM More reviews by LizaElliott

I just ordered a full-size jar of this in Naughtly Bengal, one of three foundation shades I tried. (The other samples were Frisky Siamese and Frisky Ocicat, which worked well together.) Lovely texture, and the Bengal is an excellent match for my hard-to-match skin (light beige with very faint olive undertone). I'm still trying my samples of concealer, finishing powder, and eye shadow, but I have high hopes for them.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2007 10:27:00 PM More reviews by lucindajane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product!

My skin isn't the best (I have some mild acne scars and red pigmentation) and I prefer a slightly heavier coverage foundation, and even though Pampered Puss is quite sheer it can be applied in as many layers as you like without ever looking heavy or made-up.

The best part about this foundation for me is that it goes on so silky smooth and never gets cakey or streaky. It's so easy to just brush on and doesn't require any tiresome buffing or spritzing to get it right. My previous liquid foundation was always a pain to apply properly and was constantly caking even when my skin was at its best. Other mineral foundations I have tried, including Everyday Minerals, went a bit cakey on me as well.

The colour is also unbelievably fabulous. As a very pale person of English descent I usually can't find a colour in most foundation ranges that suits me - however, Meow offers so many colours (72 at current count) that I found a perfect match with just the right degree of lightness for my skin.

The Meow foundation jars are huge which is lucky as I'm going through this product and a very high rate.

Overall I highly, highly recommend this foundation, it's wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2007 12:42:00 PM More reviews by so_gemini

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is wonderful. It goes on very light but you can layer on as many layers as you need to. It NEVER looks cakey or overdone. I have had days where I put on a LOT of layers and I was positive that my makeup was going to look too heavy and it DIDN'T!:) There are tons of color options and there are more coming in the future. The staying power is awesome and using one of their primer powders makes it even better. I love the fact that after a little while the foundation melts into my skin and looks even MORE natural. I have never had that with any other mineral foundation. The Purfect Puss Foundation is just as great but I prefer to use a foundation with zinc oxide in it because my skin can be fussy. There is also a new fuller coverage formula called Flawless Feline. I have it (and love it) but have only used it for concealing because I get such great results with the Pampered Puss. I VERY highly recommend Meow Cosmetics Mineral Foundation!UPDATE: I am still using (and loving) this wonderful foundation every day! UPDATE 04/01/07: The more I use this foundation the more I LOVE IT! I gave my other MMU foundation away because I don't want to use any other foundation.:) EDITED 05/04/08 TO ADD: I am still using and loving this foundation. It is absolutely THE BEST Mineral foundation that I have ever used ( I have tried quite a few). I have been getting even better results with it since I purchased their new synthetic flat top brush to apply my foundation.:)

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No