December 19, 2014 | 1550 users online

Foundations - Meow Cosmetics - Pampered Puss Mineral Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2008 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Sadrina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very nice mineral foundation. Probably the best mineral foundation I have ever used for my oily skin. Medium coverage and they have a TON of colors to choose from. Their samples are very skimpy but they are reasonably priced. Their full size product is very generous, however, and will last a long time. (Good value)

They do have nice sales from time to time but be *VERY* careful when using their discount codes. They had a bunch of discount codes circulating during their recent Easter 2008 sale. I used one and it gave me $5.00 of my $28.00 dollar order. Meow later billed me for this $5.00 and said the code I used wasn't valid (???). So, despite there being probably 10 different discount codes circulating that day (a friend of mine received free shipping off of her $25.00 order, which was $5.10 discount) I didn't get to participate in their "sale". Very strange experience. For this reason I only am giving them 3 lippies.

Other than that little issue they do make a good product.

Will I buy from them again? Possibly....not sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2008 9:14:00 PM More reviews by melmmo

Wish I could do a real review of this product, but the samples are so tiny, I had a very difficult time finding the right shade. $1.00 per sample (plus shipping) for basically one application. That does not make me purr! :-(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2008 11:55:00 PM More reviews by erijica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really really like this mineral makeup. I ordered samples, hoping I could find a color match (since I've never really found one before for my ridiculously pale skin). Well, I found my match! Inquisitive Siamese (really light neutral) was my match! I was so excited to find a color match that I ordered the full size and I am glad I did. This stuff makes my skin look flawless and it lasts a long time on my oily skin. Plus, you get a HUGE jar for about 23 dollars. When I run out (2 years from now? Haha), I'll definitely reorder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2008 11:28:00 PM More reviews by lil_me

my skin: Asian, 40 year old, oily, acne prone, enlarged pores, redness.

I purchased the Pampered Puss(PP) in Naughty Angora(full size) and Naughty Korat(munchkin size).

The PP Naughty Angora is a soft pale yellow MMU with no beige or brown in it at all. It is very, very yellow looking in the jar. On my skin, it gives a soft focus look and does a nice job neutralizing the redness around my nostrils and chin. I like the light/medium(they says it's their medium) layerable coverage as there is no cakey feeling at all. Though I believe it can be applied wet, I have not tried it yet. It seems too messy for me. Perhaps, I'll give it a try when I have more time. Currently, I use a velour powder puff to apply. I finish off with a kabuki brush sometimes. No need to swirl and buff like the other MMUs. There is mica in this, but I did not experience any ichiness or excessive shininess. The mica is very slighty sparkly, but not shiny. The very light sparkles gives off a light reflective effect. This is a nice welcome for my 40 year old skin. I never thought I would welcome any kind of sparkly stuff. I hated it in my teens all the way through my 30's. From a distance, it looks fairly matte/not dry looking at all. Sounds weird, but it does not give off the same yucky shine like Bare Escentuals had. Their colors were all wrong and the shine drove me nuts! I guess not all mica is bad...

The PP in Naughty Korat is what was described as golden beige for Asian skin types. It kind of looked a bit ashy in the jar--kind of neutral beige, not warm, golden, nor yellow enough to me. When I applied it with a velour powder puff, it melded with my skintone quite nicely, however, it did not give the soft focus glow I was looking for. It was just kind of average based on color. I think I'll stick with Naughty Manx(yellow/peach) and Naughty Angora(soft yellow).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2008 2:13:00 PM More reviews by nynaeve77

I'd never tried a mineral foundation, and my sister turned me on to Meow. I ordered a bunch of samples (which are only a buck!) to find out what shade I needed (Frisky Bengal). I have fairly decent skin, so I ordered the Pampered Puss formula and I love it! It blends nicely into my skin and keeps the shine at bay for hours. My color cosmetics adhere nicely to it and last all day. I don't have to use much product to get good coverage. I don't even bother with a liquid foundation anymore because I love this stuff so much!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2007 11:55:00 AM More reviews by faedreams79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this makeup. I heard good reviews about it online, and I decided to try it instead of reordering my EM. I am so sorry that I did. It caused my skin to break out terribly! I have so many blackheads on my forehead now- the one part of my face that is usually free of blackheads! And I have sore, large pimples on my chin and more zits on my cheeks! I will not repurchase! In fact I have ordered my other mineral makeup and chosen the fastest shipping option!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2007 3:16:00 AM More reviews by Fearnotsomuch

After being a BE user for 2 years, I thought I'd never try anything else. That is until I got a sample of meow. The coverage is some much better than what I got from BE and with all of the options, I was able to find a much better color match. This doesn't make my skin itch, feels less "dry" on my face but still fights the shine factor.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2007 5:23:00 AM More reviews by sparklemotion

Wow - it has taken me over 10 MMUs to find the best one (everything from LM. BE, UD and pretty much all the online etailers) and here it is!! This line does not get enough love on MUA. They have the best colour selection I have encountered - I ordered about 10 samples and 8 of them matched me pretty much perfectly. I don't think I could choose which one is best! Their texture is just brilliant as well - I look so smooth and virtually poreless even before various finishing powders go on - and their finishing powders are great as well, but that is for another review

I urge people who are still looking for their HG MMU to check out this line. They ship internationally too which is great as I have to use a mail-forwarding company for my 2nd favourite Aromaleigh.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2007 12:34:00 PM More reviews by thatgirlangie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best mineral foundation I have used--and I have used around fourteen different ones. Although it is a little tricky to find the right "cat breed" (color), this foundation offers natural looking coverage and oil control, and it doesn't irritate my ultra-sensitive skin in anyway. In fact, this foundation has cleared up most of my acne and has reduced the size of my pores dramatically!

In the summer I like to use the Combination Skin Primer underneath. No concealer needed with this foundation--it layers well. This is definitely my HG!!

UPDATE: Still love the formula, but can only use this in the summer, when my skin is tan. After countless rounds of samples and mixing different "breeds," I still cannot find my pale skin match. Everything is either too pink, yellow, orange, or ashy. Sticking with Alima in the winter... until my skin is dark enough to compensate for the wrong foundation color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2007 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Berrynice

I admit this is the first mineral cosmetic I've tried, but I love it so much I'm very confident I don't need to look any further. It lasts all day, feels very comfortable to wear and it looks fantastic on. It covers and blends so well it just looks like I've got incredibly great skin! After trying this product, I'm never going back to main stream liquid foundation EVER! And I use to think Revlon ColourStay was great - HA!

Update: I still love this foundation! It's truly a Holy Grail product. I bought a full size foundation jar over 7 months ago and I'm only half way through it!! Fantastic value for your money. Go try some! You wont be disappointed.

I rate this product so highly, that every time theres a sale - I'll purchase more foundation.