July 24, 2014 | 997 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Silk Dust (Untinted ) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2007 9:07:00 PM More reviews by anabolina

This is by far my favorite finishing powder. It goes on translucent and isn't cakey or shiny at all. It gives my a more natural look. I use it will both mineral and liquid makeup. I totally love it. The only problem is when I first got it, they must have put a little too much product in the jar because it took forever fr me to shake any loose, it shakes more now.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2007 10:21:00 PM More reviews by ConfusionTolerance

I bought the Summer Silk Dust which look very tan/beige. Would as a finishing powder for Med to tan complexions. Right now looks too dark for me (should have gotten the light one) Oh well I think its works as a subtle 'bronzer' and I got the mini sized, so maybe not a total loss. Nice texture as are all of E/M finishing powders. Will buy the lighter shade next time. Added note to all that expressed frustration with the original powders being too white. I made my own tinted version my adding my normal EM face foundation into the balancing dust until I got the desired tone. Works great as a subtle powder/extra light foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2007 5:03:00 PM More reviews by roserae

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried the Balancing Dust and regular Finishing Dust, and by far this is the best. I use the tinted version in the lightest color, applied with the new spongey applicator - goes on great and doesn't lighten my face at all. Awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2007 12:44:00 PM More reviews by kariliv

This gives my face a nice, even finish on top of my semi-matte foundation. It keeps shine at bay most of the day, but it does leave a whitish cast. I have very fair skin, so it's not really noticeable on me, but for the summer I will likely try the tinted finishing dust.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2007 9:05:00 PM More reviews by darkredright

I much prefer this to the Finishing Dust, which tended to be a little cakey on me by the end of the day. The Silk Dust gives me a very even look, and really minimizes the look of my pores when applied as my last step. I do mix this with my Everyday Bronzer before applying to help prevent zombie-itis, and because my foundation is not quite dark enough for me to start with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2007 8:12:00 AM More reviews by hiyashinsu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best finishing powder I've ever used. Hands down. Not only is it 100% silk powder, which means NO CORNSTARCH, but it disappeared on top of my foundation and set it really well. No oily breakthroughs, even after an entire day of wearing it. Will definitely keep buying once I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2007 12:38:00 PM More reviews by heileres

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love EM products and enjoy trying all colors and formulations. I love the finishing dust and was excited to try this, but I too found that it actually made me greasy and did not rest on my foundation well as it seems to leave a bit of a white cast.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2007 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Isolinde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of the best powders I've ever used. It kills any shine I have on my face, and keeps oil at bay all day. I have yet to need a touch up while wearing it, which is the best endorsement I can think of for a powder.

It is definitely white, and if you're not pale it might not work for you... in the original version. They just recently put out some new tinted versions that might work better for darker ladies.

As far as smell, I honestly haven't even noticed one, and I'm usually very sensitive to scented products. I guess I'll have to go check it out.

Update: Still haven't noticed a scent, and this is still my favorite powder. I just wish they'd make a pressed version.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2007 7:50:00 PM More reviews by kak513

This is not great shine powder. It seems to draw the oil right out of my pores until I'm a shiny mess--highly unusual. I keep using it in hopes that something will change, but a couple of hours in, and I'm gleaming. Plus, does anyone else think it really stinks? I'm hardly offended by facial product smells (I don't even have a problem with ACV) but this stuff absolutely reeks. Is it possible that it's spoiled? I've only had it a month. The paleness factor is even okay--I'm that light-skinned, but I think I'll have to quit this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2007 5:14:00 PM More reviews by jane___doe

I haven't used this on top of my foundation, as I find EM regular Finishing Dust works best for that, however, as a primer it's fantastic! Pores disappear and oil is kept at bay for HOURS (I used to have to blot my face fanatically, but no more)! Highly recommend as a primer for everyone with oily skin. (BTW, this review is identical to my review for the Balancing Dust as I've found them to be very interchangeable and quite similar as primers ---- in a good way.) UPDATE: No actual change in experience or rating, rather adressing the smell issue. I have found this powder bad smelling, not an actual perfumed fragrance, because there is none, but rather a bit too 'organic'. I am inclined to think that this isn't a sign of anything bad, more like proof that silkworms were involved in the making of this product... UPDATE: no longer use