September 16, 2014 | 1933 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by HelenaS

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love, love, love this stuff! I used it at a friend's house and went out the next day and bought 2 giant pump bottles (Wal-Mart has them for 5 bucks apiece!) Talk about dirt cheap. I like this lotion because it sinks in quickly, moisturizes well, and has a nice, light scent. It is not a heavy cocoa scent but more of a light chocolate scent, but it smells good to me. And my kids love it too. I can use it on them, and they have very sensitive skin. A lot of lotions make their skin sting (even expensive health-food store lotions) but this doesn't. I can slather them with it after their baths and it soaks in quickly and they can put their pjs on right away. It is runny enough so that it is easy to massage into the skin. It is HARD to put on lotion that is thick and gooey. This is not!

I keep a bottle in my bathroom, too, to use after my shower. It really moisturizes well and helps keep my skin soft during cold New England winters. Love the pump bottle b/c it is easier to dispense. Wish the bottle was a little less garish (don't really need the blue graphics) but I'm not complaining! I'll buy this over and over again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by MaeghanMakeupp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I like the smell of this lotion and I am generally a fan of Vaseline products but honestly this lotion did not moisturize my skin at all and I don't even have terribly dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by theluscioushellcat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not long ago, I was scratching my ankle under my sock and noticed that I had actually scratched my skin until it bled. Clearly I needed much more moisturizer - Bath & Body Works' assorted lotions weren't doing it, and while I love Jergen's Original Formula, it worked for me better in Dallas than in Denver. I bought this after remembering that my father's dermatologist, who was treating Dad for skin cancers, noted his terribly dry skin and recommended cocoa butter. Ahhhh, finally some real comfort for dry skin in dry Colorado in dry winter. This is not for normal skin, it's for dry skin, a dry skin that can tolerate a moisturizer that to a degree stays on top of the skin to protect and heal it. What I just wrote may imply that this is sticky, yet, I still don't find this sticky. I put this on after my shower, and by the time I have brushed my teeth, washed my face, put on my makeup and combed my hair, it's certainly 'in' enough to put on my clothes. That would be my normal routine for any lotion, so I haven't made any changes for this lotion. I haven't needed to. I like.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by CrisAlex

I can't believe I still haven't reviewed t his product despite the amount of hate I have for it. Sorry to be a downer on all these positive reviews below but this product is so not worth buying. My partner bought a 3 pack of these at Costco and it's been torture trying to finish it. The smell is atrocious and NOTHING like cocoa or chocolate. In fact, it smells like some disgusting medicine. And the moisturizing power is not so great either. It stays on the skin like a nasty layer. Gross gross gross. Thankfully we're almost out of this garbage.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by MsMe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried to like/love/adore this product, but it had left a sticky film on my skin and caused a massive breakout on my back, shoulders and chest. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by BellamyBlue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For me, the downfall of drugstore body lotions is always either the cheap and overpowering smell, or the yucky coated feeling that they leave on my skin without actually providing much moisture. I am fairly loyal to Kiehls Crème de Corps because it’s the best thing on the face of the earth for severely dry skin which is what I have. But I cannot always justify the cost of that stuff, and this unassuming Vaseline lotion is the best thing I have found otherwise.

It leaves the skin soft, nourished, and like Palmers, a bit more even-toned, maybe. I suppose evenly moisturised skin will always look smoother, but it’s a nice effect. It gives even my pale, wintery skin a soft buttery glow that lasts and is real (not an illusion created by shimmer particles, which thankfully this does not have). Just as promised, it conditons the skin with regular use, which in my experience most drugstore lotions have failed to do.

It has a light, plasticky-sweet cocoa scent but nothing overwhelming. I love perfume and I avoid scented body creams because they tend to interfere with my chosen ’fume. I do wear a lot of vanilla scents and they layer wonderfully over this. It’s not a miracle product by any means, but it's a bargain at around £3 (I got my last bottle on promotion for half that) and I will continue to repurchase and use interchangeably with Crème de Corps.

**This does not seem to come in the large pump bottle in the UK. I have 200mls in a flip-top bottle which can be stored upside down – no frills but very convenient.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by malika

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is okay for the summer. splurge on palmer's for the winter. on second thought, just pay for palmers.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2010 11:59:00 PM More reviews by LoPSiCLe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I put this all over after taking a shower. i love the smell; its very mild. It keeps my skin hydrated all day and give me a beautiful natural glow. Its not to watery and not to creamy though i would say that it is SLIGHTLY more watery. leaves my skin smooth and i will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2010 1:07:00 AM More reviews by frostythesnowman81

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I put this on my feet at night after I shower and wear socks. I wake up with the softest feet ever! I love it! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by mistyaqua

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This lotion smells wonderful, absorbs quickly, and has a nice consistency (not too watery or thick, if anything, this leans more on the thin and watery side). Those are three big pros when picking out a lotion-- however, in regard to the "grease-factor", I would like to explain something. This lotion has petrolatum in it (the second ingredient). Petrolatum is in almost all Vaseline products (petrolatum is the same thing as petroleum jelly), and is a SKIN PROTECTANT. This means that it sits on top of the skin to lock in moisture. It is not necessarily "bad", but if it's hot or humid, locking in moisture is not a good thing. Sweating is the process which cools the body down, and having a thin layer of petrolatum on top of your skin is going to falter that process. **Therefore, this lotion is a great WINTER/FALL lotion.** In regard to the "greasiness" people don't like, pick a lotion without petrolatum. For a lotion with petrolatum, this is very light on the greasiness.

A woman that I particularly admire uses this in the winter, and the smell always reminds me of her. I buy a large container of this every time the weather starts to get cool.