Cover Girl CG Smoothers Pressed Powder

3.7

Talc, Mineral Oil, Avena Sativa Kernel Flour (Oat), Zinc Stearate, Polyoxymethylene Urea, Isopropyl Isostearate, Fragrance/Parfum, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract (Marticaria), C10 18 Triglycerides, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, BHT, Quaternium 15, Mica, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

this is extremely mattifying and a great match for my porcelain complexion. doesnt cake at all for me. super cheap.

on 2/17/2003 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I loved this!!! It's absolutely perfect for oily skin if you use it properly.

on 2/16/2003 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Simple, good, cheap powder. What else can I say? If you're looking for that, this product is it. It just works.
If you're looking for an "elegant brand" try something else like Chanel or Guerlain.

on 2/10/2003 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

this stuff is good. it has a nice smooth finish and of course the compact is easy to carry around. The Noxzema smell doesnt bother me as its nice and clean. This is one good drugstore pressed powder

on 11/13/2002 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am an unabashed product snob, but this is the only pressed powder that I have purchased again and again. I’m a MAC NC30/Stila C/BB Warm Ivory, and I use Translucent Light on my T-zone. It looks very natural and has outstanding staying power—a little too good, actually. When I wash my face at night, I often find traces of it on my white towels. The cobalt plastic compact is cute, too.

on 5/3/2002 1:19:00 PM

I bought MAC blot because I thought it might be better than the CG smoothers, but it wasn't. This is a great powder for normal skin. It may cake up on oily skin, or over creamy foundation. I usually brush it or press it on if I am wearing other makeup under it. The smell is a bit on the strong side, but that sort of thing doesn't really bother me. I think the addition of mineral oil in this plus the fact that it is very finely milled makes this a nicer powder than MAC blot which can look dry and dusty. BTW, it is physically impossible for mineral oil to block pores, so don't let that scare you off buying this. It just makes the powder a little smoother.
In a perfect world, this would be packaged with a separate tray for the puff so the powder doesn't get all gunky/contaminated, but that's really being picky.

on 4/24/2002 1:17:00 PM

Yep, the cakeage factor will stop me from buying this again! I've tried maybe half a dozen powders in the past few months, and this one was the only one I actually threw into the garbage before I was even 1/4 finished it. I have normal skin, but this powder actually made it look worse than it is. The compact is cute, but this is an all-around BAD powder.

on 3/23/2002 2:14:00 AM

my mom has used this for years. (she's not really a makeup fan) it's working pretty well, but i have to tell that Covergirl tests on animals!!! they kill animals after they test products on them. bunnies, mice.. this makes me not buy Cover Girl products.

on 1/28/2002 6:37:00 PM

I usually buy the CG clean powder, but the Smoothers powder was buy one get one free so I got this instead. I am really impressed. MTVsux is right about the moisturizing powder looking better than the drying powder. I have combo skin too, with occasional dry patches from acne treatments, and the drying powders look terrible on dry skin-- all scaly and patchy. The Smoothers powder looks much more natural. The only thing I don't like is the scent-- it smells like some kind of bubble bath and is a major turnoff. If it were unscented, I'd love it. Nice, cheap, useful stuff. I just keep this in my backpack for touchups during the day.

on 6/26/2001 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I thought that this was a very good powder. I have very light skin, and it covered my red cheeks well, making my face a more uniform color. I would definitely purchase this powder again!

Recommended for Normal Skin