April 16, 2014 | 906 users online

Lip Treatments - Chapstick - Cherry

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2008 4:09:00 AM More reviews by MystieRains

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Terrible, terrible terrible. The cherry is so waxy and plasticy artificer, the "moisturizer" makes my lips worse, not better after it fades after about 45 minutes, and overall it's just a terrible product to keep my lips from chapping. It's my last last last resort, barely above just giving in and licking my own lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2008 1:24:00 PM More reviews by violettexstars

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great for really chapped lips, but not as like an everyday lip moisturizer or something. I noticed that my lips get back to it's dry,chapped state when I apply this onto normal, unchapped, smooth and soft lips.
So I plan on using this when my lips are in bad shape, not when they're fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2008 4:05:00 PM More reviews by shopgirl71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been searching around for a good lip balm that isn't too greasy and doesn't wear off in a few seconds. Also, I have a problem with my lips actually hurting after some other lip balms wear off. I think they were actually drying my lips more than moisturizing. I love the smell of Cherry Chapstick and the packaging is what you would expect in this price range - nothing flashy and just a basic balm tube. I have tried much more expensive balms right up to La Mer and I have been happy with Chapstick more than the others.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 3:41:00 PM More reviews by plumeriapassion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Yuck. Waxy and not moisturizing at all. I'd recommend Un-petroleum by Avalon Organics.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 7:15:00 PM More reviews by littlemiss2k

I love love LOVE this!! It is the cheapest beauty product that I use and definately one of my favourite!! The smell is so so scrumptious and it makes my lips feel so soft. Definately a must have!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2008 8:30:00 AM More reviews by anicechianti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

You know, very few prods that are inexpensive such as this get little love here on MUA. If you were to wrap this in a MAC container, it would be praised as the greatest balm in the world. I've tried MANY lip conditioners and this one and Blistex (the one in the purple squeeze tube) are my favorites. I haven't had any problems with breaking out at all. My lips looks full and conditioned, and Cherry Chapstick preps them for flawless lipstick application. Also good to put under lip stains for even application and easier spreadability. So just skip all the rest and get this, seriously. Its cheap and effective. Also try the spearmint flavored for a minty burst. Try putting spearmint on right after brushing teeth and your mouth will feel and taste so clean. Lip treatments I've tried that are worthless are:

Olive oil
Aquafina Lip oil
MAC lip conditioner
Lips so soft

Those were the worst, and any others I haven't named are meh and nothing special. The absolute BEST lip conditioner I've tried was one from la prarie but it's $$$.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2008 1:55:00 PM More reviews by ktu64

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

oh cherry chapstick, you made my lip area break out! ew!
i like the smell, i don't like the oiliness or waxiness though. go for blistex in stead. x_x unless you like healed, but still gross and broken out mouth areas,

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2008 11:54:00 AM More reviews by ToxicBailey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Being the lip balm addict that I am, I have tried many different kinds and brands of lip balms- but I always go back to my good ol' Cherry Chapstick. There's just something about it that I love - its AMAZING pleasant cherry smell, or maybe the subtle pretty pink tint it gives to my lips, or the smooth feeling it gives to my lips which makes them feel soft and moisturized.

I also like to use a thick layer of this stuff, and when I do, it gives my lips such a beautiful tint.
I've used up about 4 of these over time- It may not get much love here on MUA, but I LOVE my Cherry chapstick! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2008 1:03:00 PM More reviews by miniwinnie

I've used Cherry Chapstick since I was a kid.
Recently, I've been trying out all kinds of lip balms- from all natural to like BBW stuff. What I've noticed was the fact that I would buy a tube of Cherry Chapstick after each new brand/type I've tried. After wasting money on C.O. Bigelow (too shiny lip shines that end up around the mouth and too uncomfortable lip balms), Burt's bees (overhyped, the smells are too overwelming and there really is nothing special about them, the peppermint or whatever in them sting really bad and I don't even have sensitive lips), Carmex, Blistex (doesn't do what it says), Soft lips, Trader joe's, Smackers, almost anything elsebut Cherry Chapstick I've come to realize Cherry Chapstick was what I've been 'looking' for all along! Lol.
So, basically, Cherry Chapstick is really great.
* Soothes/ heals chapped lips
*Moisturizes nicely
*Slight scent w/o icky tastes
* gives a nice hint to my pale lips
*Just all-around fab

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2008 3:22:00 AM More reviews by fascinationbeauty

wow.

i really ordered a cherry chapstick after i heard Katy Perry with her song "I Kissed a Girl", because i noticed i donīt have one yet. lol.

once i got it i was very surprised ... it smells like bubble gum !

no bad, but very surprising .... the german "cherry labello" smells like natural cherry and VERY delicious.

but the cherry chapstick smells more like artificial cherry.

thatīs why i put one lippie off.