October 23, 2014 | 1585 users online

Lip Treatments - Chapstick - Cherry

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Sweetmomma

I have been using cherry chapstick pretty much my whole life! Okay well since my preteen years up till now. Do the math that's about 15 years! It's just great to have around when you want your lips to be moist. I wear alone or under lipstick and I am not sure I could live without! I use daily, pretty much 24-7.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2008 7:33:00 AM More reviews by Docility

I live in NY and the winters here are harsh! But I've never had chapped lips, and I owe it all to this product (which I've been using since I was about 5 years old lol). It smells great, and the little hint of color it provides is nice too. I use this every day, and I'm basically addicted to it. :0P I'm trying to transition into wearing lipstick for a more sophisticated look, but it'll be hard to avoid my Cherry Chapstick!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2008 11:28:00 PM More reviews by balmmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE Cherry Chapstick. The scent, the waxy, long-lasting consistency, the availability and price. But I don't like that the company is not cruelty-free, so I've switched to Burt's Bees. I would switch back if this became cruelty-free. I took off a lippie because of animal testing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by DisneyAnimeFan92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Being as dark skinned as I am, usually try hard not to to touch any red or pink lip products, as they hardly ever look good on me. So for a long time, I just wore regular Chap Stick, which I loved. I like to wear it at night, so my lips are perfectly moisturized the next day when I want to apply my lip gloss.

Anyway, I started buying Cherry Chap Stick after hearing Katy Perry's song I Kissed a Girl. I wondered how it would look on me, and it was so incredibly cheap, I knew that even if I didn't like it I wouldn't be wasting my money. But, lucky for me, I LOVED it! It feels waxy (but not in a bad way) on the lips and keeps them moist all day long. It has the slightest red tint that actually looks natural and pretty on me, instead of looking garish or weird like other things I've tried. Definitely plan on repurchasing this, possibly in another flavor, like Spearmint, for the sake of experimentation. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2008 4:09:00 AM More reviews by MystieRains

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Terrible, terrible terrible. The cherry is so waxy and plasticy artificer, the "moisturizer" makes my lips worse, not better after it fades after about 45 minutes, and overall it's just a terrible product to keep my lips from chapping. It's my last last last resort, barely above just giving in and licking my own lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2008 1:24:00 PM More reviews by violettexstars

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great for really chapped lips, but not as like an everyday lip moisturizer or something. I noticed that my lips get back to it's dry,chapped state when I apply this onto normal, unchapped, smooth and soft lips.
So I plan on using this when my lips are in bad shape, not when they're fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2008 4:05:00 PM More reviews by shopgirl71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been searching around for a good lip balm that isn't too greasy and doesn't wear off in a few seconds. Also, I have a problem with my lips actually hurting after some other lip balms wear off. I think they were actually drying my lips more than moisturizing. I love the smell of Cherry Chapstick and the packaging is what you would expect in this price range - nothing flashy and just a basic balm tube. I have tried much more expensive balms right up to La Mer and I have been happy with Chapstick more than the others.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 3:41:00 PM More reviews by plumeriapassion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Yuck. Waxy and not moisturizing at all. I'd recommend Un-petroleum by Avalon Organics.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 7:15:00 PM More reviews by littlemiss2k

I love love LOVE this!! It is the cheapest beauty product that I use and definately one of my favourite!! The smell is so so scrumptious and it makes my lips feel so soft. Definately a must have!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2008 8:30:00 AM More reviews by anicechianti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

You know, very few prods that are inexpensive such as this get little love here on MUA. If you were to wrap this in a MAC container, it would be praised as the greatest balm in the world. I've tried MANY lip conditioners and this one and Blistex (the one in the purple squeeze tube) are my favorites. I haven't had any problems with breaking out at all. My lips looks full and conditioned, and Cherry Chapstick preps them for flawless lipstick application. Also good to put under lip stains for even application and easier spreadability. So just skip all the rest and get this, seriously. Its cheap and effective. Also try the spearmint flavored for a minty burst. Try putting spearmint on right after brushing teeth and your mouth will feel and taste so clean. Lip treatments I've tried that are worthless are:

Olive oil
Aquafina Lip oil
MAC lip conditioner
Lips so soft

Those were the worst, and any others I haven't named are meh and nothing special. The absolute BEST lip conditioner I've tried was one from la prarie but it's $$$.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No