July 29, 2014 | 2126 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Philosophy - The Present Clear Makeup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by rydellpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great primer. Most of the time I don't use foundation. I usually put this on and then wait a few minutes and apply powder. However, it does work well as a primer under foundation. My face looks better for longer when I use this, which is way I will continue to buy this product. It softens the look of my large pores and the wrinkles on my forehead.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by blondie86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this as a primer, my foundation really stays put throughout the day. I love the smell, and the consistency. The only downside is I've been breaking out a lot lately and I'm pretty sure this primer is the reason.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2009 12:56:00 AM More reviews by abreve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got The Present as a birthday present, ironically enough, and use it every morning with my DreamMatte Mousse. Before I used it, the mousse had an almost chalky look, but it looked better than powder foundation and I hate the liquid so I continued. With The Present there is a significant difference. It evens out my skintone and texture and combined with my mousse my face looks just perfect. It takes a few minutes to dry, but no biggie because this product delivers! In my opinion it's a really good primer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2009 5:57:00 PM More reviews by laureg

Not a great primer, in my opinion. There are much better ones out there. I bought a full sized tube, and am actually debating returning it. It doesn't wear well, doesn't really set makeup all that well... it's basically an extra step in the morning that doesn't do much. I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2009 10:55:00 AM More reviews by shelbylynnjones

I would only recommend using this alone - if you use with make-up you run the risk of it caking, and not applying smoothly if it is oil-free. It is great for weekends where you don't want to get all your make-up on as it does even out your skin as long as you don't need coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2009 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Brittina923

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This makes makeup application smooth and flawles. It feels light on the skin and doesn't have a weird smell.

BUT...

After 3 wears it made my face breakout like crazy... and I hardly ever breakout.

Never again...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 3:05:00 PM More reviews by withdiamonds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff!! It makes my skin velvet soft and really evens it out. I collected four samples of it and, low and behold, that equals one BIG one. So i basically got one for free!! I guess the only problem I would have with it is that it takes quite a few minutes to completely dry and have an effect and when I need to apply more makeup on a busy morning, that gets annoying. But I still love it and I still give it five lippies!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2009 11:21:00 AM More reviews by loarc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im always on the search for the perfect primer. I have slightly oily clear skin. My main concerns with a primer are that it controls oil and minimizes pores. I found this to a good job at both and therefor consider this to be one of the better primers I've tried. I think I still prefer Cliniques over this though (for pore minimizing). This beats out YSL Top secret (greasy mess), Armani, smashbox, and Clarins (greasy mess). Ive worn this under Chanel TI fluid foundation, Shiseido Sun Protection Foundation, SKII airtouche, and Sisley Oil-free foundation and have never had a problem with balling up like some other reviewers (except once when I applied a quarter size amount to my face haha). I apply a pea size amount and wait 2 minutes before applying. My foundation goes on smoothly, oil is controlled, and pores are smoothed. I wont repurchase this simply because I am looking for something that make my pores disappear haha. I ordered the CdP primer so we'll see how that does. If it sucks like many of the others than back to my bottle of this as Im currently out of the clinique. All and all this is a very good primer, just not HG.
edit 10/25/2009: I prefer CDP smoothing base for pores. Its great at mattifying and minimizing pores almost giving the perfect soft focus look. But I would not reccommend CDP it to those with dry skin-it will be too drying. Im waiting on LP gold illusion primer in the mail so we'll see how that goes...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 8:04:00 PM More reviews by shelju

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a Philosophy Try Me kit from QVC. It is really thick so I was skeptical it would clog the pores of my oily acne-prone skin. Well, I could not believe how wonderful my mineral makeup went on. You have to let it set for the full 2 mins or you won't like what happens. Even more exciting was how well it absorbed the excess oil throughout the day. I looked "almost" matte all day! With my oily skin, I apply my acne treatment but no moisturizer underneath this product especially in the summer months. It also has acne-fighting ingredients too! Will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Charnel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. It allowed me to eliminate the use of foundations all together. Now I can go virtually natural in intensely heated summers with out feeling my makeup melting.