February 27, 2015 | 1108 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Philosophy - The Present Clear Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2009 3:23:00 AM More reviews by letty114

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

An excellent product that does exactly what is says - a clear make up. wonderful for lazy people who just want an even skin tone with not too much fuss.
i apply to cleansed skin and let it set whilst i get dressed, then add some blush, a touch of mascara and some lip color and am ready to go. would recommend

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2009 4:53:00 PM More reviews by oldjuly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this. It's smooth, it smells fine, has wonderful packaging and keeps my makeup on. Though you really need to wait about 4 - 5 minutes before putting on your foundation or else it gets all smeary.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2009 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Contessa01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This didn't work for me unfortunately, I found that I couldn't spread my makeup evenly on top of it, it was really tacky and then my foundation separated. I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by alinabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely ADORE this product!! These days, I hardly wear foundation because this product makes my skin feel so, so, SO nice. It is exactly what its name implies: "clear makeup". The texture feels just like a normal moisturizer, but after it dries, it mattifies the skin and leaves it feeling super smooth. My boyfriend even noticed that lately my face feels softer (little does he know I am wearing this product on it ;)). I wear it alone as a moisturizer, add a bit of mineral blush, and I'm good to go. Wonderful, wonderful product.

EDIT: Okay, something weird has been happening with this product lately. I get little dry patches on my face that are white after I let this product set. It looks like dry skin without moisturizer. Needless to say, it is NOT flattering and I find myself having to apply moisturizer over this to ease the dry spots. It looks gross. I'm taking off two lippies. I have no idea what went wrong. I'm switching to the Supernatural now

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by chloraimey

I'm shocked to see such a mediocre rating on this product!!! This product SAVED MY FACE, no lie. I have acne-prone skin and after several types of mild treatments, discovered that it's just sensitive and doesn't take well to make-up...but of course, I must wear make-up to make it all look better. I tried Prime Time, non-irritating foundations, mineral makeup... Prime time left me greasy and didn't really "protect" from make-up pore invasion, liquid foundations left me shiny constantly, and minerals often get in my pores despite their lack of chemicals.

So then I bought this, to go with my Supernatural Airbrushed Canvas mineral makeup. And WOW. Two minutes after putting it on your skin feels like porcelean. All redness and pores are minimized completely. If you are having a clear-ish week, you look perfect with just this product on, and if you're having acne, it sure helps to make your makeup go on smooth to cover it. This product keeps EVERYTHING out of my pores it seems: Grease, Dirt, Makeup...I even wear it as a light moisturizer when I workout to keep the sweat out. It keeps my skin from itching with power makeup on, and my pictures of my face have never looked more perfect and airbrushed! It's not just the foundation either, I had it before and it didn't look so nice until after I got this.

I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone with acne related to sensitive skin. It makes your skin think you're not wearing makeup, so it stays unclogged. When you wash your makeup off, your skins stays tight and clear, no makeup residue left behind.

I use this in this routine:
Daily facial cleansing pads that exfoliate and clean ((CVS brand ) -- I just switched to these from regular cleanser and it is helping my skin as well
Bare Escentuals Revver-Upper (always part of my routine, it just gives an added glow but isn't the spectacular product in this routine)
The Present
Supernatural Airbrushed, blush and eye makeup.

That's all it takes it seems! Finally, a simple effective routine!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by rydellpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great primer. Most of the time I don't use foundation. I usually put this on and then wait a few minutes and apply powder. However, it does work well as a primer under foundation. My face looks better for longer when I use this, which is way I will continue to buy this product. It softens the look of my large pores and the wrinkles on my forehead.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by blondie86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this as a primer, my foundation really stays put throughout the day. I love the smell, and the consistency. The only downside is I've been breaking out a lot lately and I'm pretty sure this primer is the reason.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2009 12:56:00 AM More reviews by abreve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got The Present as a birthday present, ironically enough, and use it every morning with my DreamMatte Mousse. Before I used it, the mousse had an almost chalky look, but it looked better than powder foundation and I hate the liquid so I continued. With The Present there is a significant difference. It evens out my skintone and texture and combined with my mousse my face looks just perfect. It takes a few minutes to dry, but no biggie because this product delivers! In my opinion it's a really good primer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2009 5:57:00 PM More reviews by laureg

Not a great primer, in my opinion. There are much better ones out there. I bought a full sized tube, and am actually debating returning it. It doesn't wear well, doesn't really set makeup all that well... it's basically an extra step in the morning that doesn't do much. I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2009 10:55:00 AM More reviews by shelbylynnjones

I would only recommend using this alone - if you use with make-up you run the risk of it caking, and not applying smoothly if it is oil-free. It is great for weekends where you don't want to get all your make-up on as it does even out your skin as long as you don't need coverage.