Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel

3.9

Ingredients: Aqua (Water,Eau),Glycerin,Propylene Glycol,PEG-8 Stearate,PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide,Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract,Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract,Carbomer,Sodium Chloride,Parfum (Fragrance),Phenoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Triethanolamine,Diazolidinyl Urea,Mica,CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide),CI 19140 (Yellow 5),CI 42090 (Blue 1),CI 15985 (Yellow 6)(4/26/2015)

on 3/2/2012 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

i have combination skin with an oily tzone, and dry spots on the cheeks and around the mouth. cetaphil did nothing for my oily spots, and harsher things reaked havoc on my dry spots. this cleanser is perfect for me because the grapefruit helps my oily spots and the gel, non-foaming formula helps with the dry spots. i have not had my usual humongoid menstrual zits in a long time, and my complexion is glowing. i find that my skin feels softer if i rinse with cool water. a pea sized amount does the trick, but in the summer i may go overboard, since the gel is so cool.

on 2/6/2012 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I loved the feel of this cleanser but the smell was too strong for me. It did a really nice job of cleansing and did not leave my face feeling taunt. However, about 20 minutes after washing with it, my cheeks started to burn. Looked in the mirror and found that my rosacea cheeks were bright red. I do not think this is a cleanser problem, it is a problem with my sensitive skin. Funny thing, only my checks got hot and flushed. It did calm down by morning but I am going to have to give my bottle of this to my DD. I am not taking lippies off because of my own experience because I have fragile skin. The bottle is nice and simple, the gel non-foaming does work well, but again, too much scent. Maybe it was the scent that affected my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This cleanser did not work for me at all. It burnt my skin, felt like it left a residue on my face yet at the same time dried my skin out, broke me out all over my face. I used it for a month but ended up throwing it away as it wrecked my skin.

on 2/3/2012 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is a great gentle cleanser. That said, if you want your cleanser to foam, do not buy this. I massage a dime-size dollop all over my face, wait a few seconds, then rinse off with warm water. It cleanses without drying my skin and I will have to throw the bottle out before I can use it all.

on 1/31/2012 9:24:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this for years, and now that I'm getting older, it's my go-to facial cleanser. During pregnancy, it's been perfect for my morning routine. Not too tightening, gentle enough now that I've got more of a "glow" to my face and am overall less oily than before.

on 1/24/2012 7:18:00 PM

Just bought this cleanser last week after using shiseido 'perfect whip' and returning it. I had a bad reaction to that product- the amount of chemicals contains in a single cleanser is disgusting. After a single wash my usually resilient skin was dry, irritated and broke out in a rash. You could feel the chemicals as you used the product.

So it goes without saying that I was looking for a replacement cleanser that was gentle and relatively natural but still effective to use on my combination/acne prone skin. This cleanser was exactly that. I didn't have high expectations, mainly due to the price ($18 AUD) and few ingredients, but I was really impressed. I have tried so many cleansers, most recently finished a bottle of Avene Cleanance, but this was so much better. I love that it feels natural and gentle, and its a really nice consistency- between a gel and a cream. The bottle is great and hygienic and the cleanser removes all my makeup without any residue or tight feeling. After cleansing, I am left with baby soft skin that glows and looks much clearer, and has a slight natural 'green' fragrance which is refreshing. This cleanser has rebalanced my skin, and I have less breakouts and dry areas, with a more even skin tone.

I would have never thought you could get such a good cleanser for less that $20 but I have been proved wrong. This is definitely my new HG cleanser and I highly recommend it to anyone with normal/combination skin. The only negative is that it contains methylparaben, otherwise it would be a perfect cleanser.

on 1/15/2012 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was an early Christmas gift to myself and let me tell you, I am glad I bought it.

This cleanser has virtually gotten rid of all my acne. How? I'm not quite sure, but as it has gotten rid of my acne, it has also made my skin so much smoother and softer. I usually have to use harsh products to control my oily combination skin, but this does just fine, while still leaving my skin moisturized. I have noticed that my makeup has a better application now that I am using this product.

It's $20.00, which isn't cheap, but I have been using it for about three weeks, and my bottle is basically still full. Also, it gives you a lot of product - like 16oz worth of product for that price. Not too bad!

I definitely would recommend this to anyone with oily combination or combination skin! It's a great buy and I know I will definitely continue to use this product for years to come.

on 1/6/2012 4:47:00 PM

I guess after always coming back to this for over 7 years it's long overdue I claim this as a favorite. No super bells or whistles just a nice cleanser that never breaks me out. I adore the scent and love that it doesn't foam up. I wish it had a better ingredient list but all in all it has minimal ingredients. It's also priced super well.

on 1/3/2012 1:16:00 PM

Although I loved the smell and fresh feeling of this cleanser, I don't feel it actually did any deep cleansing. I have combination skin and my T-zone easily forms whiteheads so I wanted a gentle/natural cleanser but unfortunately it couldnt control my oil throughout the day. I didn't form new whiteheads but my skin became very shiny towards the middle ( I also used the yellow toner by badescu). So if your skin gets oily fast, not sure this is for you.

on 12/20/2011 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Miracle in a bottle! I've been using this stuff twice a day for only 3 days now and I am already seeing major improvement in my skin! I am a young teen with acne-prone, oily-combo skin and this stuff really helps clean my pores, unclog blackheads & whiteheads, and even prevent & clear up my acne! I really love the texture and smell of this product. I feel like I am actually treating my skin with this, unlike most of the non-working drugstore cleansers out there. I have used so many and I've finally found the cleanser I've been looking for all these years! It hasn't cleared up my acne but it is helping and I can really see a difference already that my skin has improved. I exchanged my MB Acne Cleanser for this and I am so glad I did! That product was okay but didn't really do anything to help my acne, but this does! It does not irritate my sensitive skin or dry it out, but it does help my oily skin become more matte..and I think that's awesome! It's also evening out my skintone! I have never used a cleanser that does so many amazing things for my face. I am truly impressed thus far!! I will write an update in a week or so to show progress.