Smith's Rosebud Salve Minted Rose Lip Balm

4.2

Petrolatum, Peppermint Oil, Aromol (blend of 7 rose essential oils).

*This emollient rose-scented balm comes in a cute little charming tin, which makes its appearance highly appealing. It smells perfume like (I normally wear fruit/food scents), so for those looking for something new, as I was, it's a refreshing change.
*I won't purchase it again because it doesn't last long enough. . .if I apply it after showering, by the time my makeup/hair routine is complete, the gloss has mostly worn off. Also, it turns my lips orange/redish!
*Tin is generously sized, justifying $6.00 retail. continued >>

The perfect amount of mint. Pretty hydrating,but it doesn't last very long. I also hate having to stick my fingers in the tin. Also kind of overpriced ($9 I think in Canada...wtf??).

Use this salve all the time. I had the original Rosebud for a while, then switched to the mint. I'll get away from it for a while, but I always go back to it!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've brought this for a bit more than half a year, and I've made a hole..mb 1/5 used? So for the price of about 13 cdn, the price is justable for a lipbalm.

My lips are always dried, I constantly have a lip balm with me everywhere I go, even when i'm just at home. When i go out to eat, aside from the wallet/phone? I bring a lip balm, yeah you get the idea.

I picked this over the minted cause I love minted lip balms, it gives a slight tingly feeling to the lips. The tint is not too noticable, which is why I usually top this on top of a coloured lip stain I wear. It's fabulous! Especially in the winter times, these past two days, my lips have been peeling like crazy, and being the person I am, I'll peel..bleed..and ugh.. But this really helps to moisturize your lips and keep them healthy. I couldn't find my rosebud for a few days, and I just used a cheap lipchap..nope just doens't cut it.

The packaging is a vintage tin, yes it's annoying, but atleast the tin closes properly, I'd be super annoyed if the tin comes off, or doesn't close properly, Yes you have to dip your finger in to apply, but you're not sharing it with anyone and as long as ur hands are clean, I think its fine. The tin means you get extra load of product anywas compared to a lipchap.

I would definitely buy again if I run out (mb another year..+)...and I'll prolly still purchase the minted. I would like to try the orignal just for comparison, but definitely not the strawberry, that one smells sickenly sweet...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the scent and the texture of this balm. Although i must say that the texture to this balm is much softer than the strawberry. I think i prefer the strawberry texture with the rose scent (i wonder if the original formula is like that). It feels like vasaline but smells like roses and a hint of mint. There are two downside though. 1... the scent fades (gurr), and 2... is the packaging. I hate the tin so I dip my lip right into the product instead of putting my fingers into it (unless i just washed my hands). This is also great at making my lips super soft during these winter months. Would buy this again.. or the regular version.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My favorite rosebud, smells so fresh and feels really nice on your lips gives them a nice gloss.

This lip balm is moisturizing, lasts long when applied, and your lips are very smooth after it has worn off. The scent is rosy-peppermint, but its not overwhelming. The mint part of it does not have as much tingle or taste as Burt Bee's. The texture is like thick vaseline, but it does moisturize unlike vaseline! This has a subtle shiny finish which makes my lips look more done since I don't really like wearing lip gloss often. This looks bright in the package but it goes on clear. You get a lot of product and it is fairly priced. I like this a lot but Burt's Bees is still my HG, I look forward to trying the rest of the balms made by this company.

How did I not find this before? This balm = love.
Found it at Sephora -- it kills the normal salve. I love the minty coolness. I would buy over and over again.

I really love the way this makes my lips feel.It conditions excellent and you get alot for the price.The only reason I'm knocking of a lippie is because I really don't care for the smell,but it does fade pretty quick so over all I would repurchase.

Oh Love. Recently I keep finding excellent lipbalms to overwrite my previous HG lipbalms = = Anyway this is excellent. I actually love the smell. It doesn't exactly smell like rose. It smells like when you first walk into the Lush store, but 1000 times less strong...the balm had a silky gel texture, unlike some balm you can spend half of your life rubbing on the surface of it..When you dip your finger in it is soft and cushiony, and it has a bright coral red colour to it. But it doesn't show up on lips that much. It is based on petrolatum so it is glossy, and non sticky and feels soo nice on lips. I LOVE the mint. Although I hope the mint feeling last longer though =(. Lasts a good while, though not the longest lasting balm out there. Overall I just love it. Love the cute tin. Oh and it is cheap, I paid around 9 dollars CAD for this tin including tax, and it is the biggest pot balm I have ever seen (0.8oz, that would be around 24ml), and I have used many many many x 1000 lipbalms. It can also be used to dab on dry spots on your skin. Planning to get more! IF I ever finish this... =)

Popular Lip Treatments