November 24, 2014 | 2061 users online

Foundations - SKII - Air Touch Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2008 7:54:00 PM More reviews by dysphoricmango

Bought this today after reading all the rave reviews. I purchased this through EBAY because there aren't too many options regarding color choice in the States. There are two sellers from Japan that offer 6 colors in varying shades, although they do not carry shades for very dark skin colors. There seems to be some kind of rivalry between the two vendors but I bought my applicator from one and the refills from the other. They are both very helpful in trying to determine the right shade for you and will respond within 24 hours.
I purchased the applicator with foundation in OB2 and refills in OP3 and OC1. (Yeah, I went a little crazy, but I did do my research!) The foundation apparently covers a wide range of skin tones so I'm hoping they all work well in their own way. I am hoping that this product will meet my very high expectations, and will update very soon! For future reference, I am an NC20 in MAC, and have used O20 in Shiseido. I20 left my face a little too pink and O20 ended up a bit light for me. I've read threads that have stated that OB2 covers tones from NC20-40. Between OB2 and OC1, OC1 is more neutral whereas OB2 has a bit more color and is the MFG standard for Westerners?? OP3 is apparently more versatile and covers many skin tones: Asian, Caucasian, Indian, African Amercan...It's one of the most popular shades. Saks carries it which is a plus if you don't want to buy it from Japan or Asia.

UPDATE: So I've had this product for almost a year now and OP3 turned out to work best on my skin for the summer months and OC1 was good for the winter. All in all, I think OP3 works better because it imparts a nice (pinkish) glow on my skin (plus this color IS sold in the states). I've gone back and forth with loving/feeling ambivalent towards the foundation but I think what it comes down to is what you are looking for in a foundation. If you have decent skin and are looking for a very natural looking foundation that will give you a healthy glow, I don't think there's anything better than this on the market. It's mess free and hygienic and if applied correctly, the spray provides extremely even, streak free coverage. If your skin is on the other side of the spectrum, I would not recommend this foundation UNLESS you used a heavy foundation underneath and then sprayed this on top for a nice glow. (But it defeats the purpose of this foundation, which is to provide a very natural, almost baby skin-like quality to your skin, if you've already put on a layer of heavy foundation). For skin that needs more coverage, I recommend MUFE Matte Velvet which I also have.
There's nothing else that looks this natural that I've ever tried, and I've tried MANY high end foundations. I'll keep buying this to use when my skin is behaving for that completely natural look.

** Note ** To those looking into this foundation...I am an NC20 in MAC. OP3 and OC1 and OB2 all work on my skin but OP3 looks the healthiest. OC1 and OB2 are more suitable for winter months paired with a red lip. They do run a little light...so...you may want to go a shade or two darker if you like the tan healthy look.

Update/// 4-23-09

I have been using this foundation for over a year and it's still my favorite. Sometimes I'll go through periods where I want to try something new, but NOTHING gives me as natural a finish as this product. I put on concealer and most of my other makeup before spraying this on. After I spray my face with the foundation, I let it dry for about 5 minutes and add bronzer or blush as necessary... I LOVE this foundation. I never look greasy mid-day!!!

UPDATE: 11-11-09

So I always find myself forgetting about this foundation but coming back to it. I stopped using it for awhile so the applicator became clogged. However, this is a $45 or so foundation and I am a broke student so I really didn't want to throw it away. I've been using the drip/primer option to get the foundation onto the back of my hand. After that, I apply it to my face with a concealer brush. I've found that this works wonderful and you can target the areas where you need more coverage. The coverage is fantastic and you do not look like you are wearing foundation at all.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2008 2:25:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yes, it is expensive. But this is honestly the closest I have ever come to soft focus perfection, as if airbrushed in a magazine ad. I only use this for special occasions, but it does turn a 10 face to a 50. Yes, it is that big a difference. It seems to just erase all pores, perfect color and blending, lend the perfect "dewey" effect without actually taking away any matteness (I powder beforehand), and makes all your makeup colors and contours 200% better. I will continue to repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2007 4:33:00 PM More reviews by buttercupbaby

I had been pretty hesitant to try this foundation. With your initial purchase you get the foundation machine with one foundation insert for $150. Additional refills are $80 for two. As far as shades are concerned-I wear a "6". I am an NC35 in MAC or in Armani LSF I am a 6.5. This foundation is really easy to work with once you get the hang of it. It gives gorgeous coverage and it really lasts all day for me. I apply my bronzer blush, shadows and then spray this on. It's pretty sheer so I'd assume you have to have pretty clear skin because this does not provide a ton of coverage. This foundation makes my skin look pretty perfect. When I tried it on at Saks I had armani lsf and lamer looser powder on my skin. The SA actually applied a light spray of this directly on top of my existing makeup and it looked amazing. My skin has never looked so good and I had been running around in snowy weather on Michigan Avenue all day. I've literally been thinking of buying this foundation for a year and I'm glad I finally took the plunge! The SA said a refill lasts between 6-8 weeks, so I went ahead and got 2 refills. If you do get this...keep in mind you'll have to "prime" the device for at least a minute or two before the first drop emerges. I will continue to repurchase the refill!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2007 11:02:00 PM More reviews by sleepyeyes

Truly amazing foundation! While extravagantly expensive, it is well worth the price - especially considering how much money I've spent over the years on other inferior products. With my sensitive flaky yet oily combination skin, I've tried drugstore brands, mineral makeup, and expensive department store brands but had yet to find my HG - until now! I also consider it an investment, as the initial cost is mainly for the well designed palm sized airbrush applicator, and the refills are $80 for two packs.

It is a very light, translucent finish that makes my skin look perfect and poreless. The finish just looks like beautiful clear skin, not like I'm wearing makeup. Very quick and easy in the morning - concealer, blush, and a quick spray of this glorious foundation. Mascara and gloss while it dries. Take care not to touch as it is drying as it will smear and streak. No need for finishing powder. Once it does dry (2 minutes) it does not budge! Full day of work followed by a sweaty cardio session at the gym and my skin still looks as fresh as it did first thing in the AM. I no longer need to carry around my touch up supplies - blotting papers for my forehead and moisturizer for my cheeks. It is very sheer coverage, so I need concealer on my undereye circles and any redness around my nose before I apply. Easily removed with my face cleanser at night.

When I initially tried it in the department store, I asked for OP 1 (the lightest shade) given my fair complexion (MAC NC20). It looked awful - accentuated every fine line and pore. The MA suggested I try the next shade darker (OP 3) and looked amazing. There is a rather limited shade selection, so I was lucky to find an exact match. The finish is best described as luminous satin but without any trace of shine or glitter. I should note, it is ionically attracted to the moisture in skin, so will not get on hair or clothing. After years of mineral makeup I was sick of cleaning up the dust eft on my clothes and bathroom counter!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2007 7:01:00 PM More reviews by swti

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have fair, normal/combination skin a little bit in the sensitive side. i'v been using biotherm sense matte foundation for a year and is generally happy with it, but to me normal foundation still feels a bit too heavy. i recently switched to everyday mineral foundation and although it feels super light the coverage is so-so. i still continue to use it despite the coverage because i hate that heavy feeling. after reading all the great reviews to the new air touch foundation, i knew i need to get one for myself. my shade is OC1 (ochre beige), which is only available in japan. when i came home i was so excited to try it. i quickly rinsed off my makeup in order to do so. after testing it, i realized the mist was extremely fine- you can't even see it! and the fact that you don't need to use your fingers makes for the cleanest application. i went over my face several times in wide motions about 4 inches away. when i opened my eyes i had to do a double take. even up close, you couldn't believe i have makeup on, it just looks like i had clear, flawless skin. the finish was perfect- dewy and glowing just like after you put on a good moisturizer but without any flaws. granted, i had good skin to begin with, i didn't need to use it with another foundation or even any concealer, and the finish was just wonderful- airy and light like i wasn't wearing any makeup at all! although i don't know how long the tiny packet of foundation will last, its still an instant holy grail. yes it was expensive, but for the look of perfect skin its absolutely worth it.
update** took one lippie off because i find that i get shiny mid-day. problem solved if i blot w. some oil sheets at hand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2007 8:39:00 AM More reviews by leung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is absolutely the best! After a makeup artist used a smiliar technology on my face, I am totally converted and headed out to try the Air Touch. According to SA, it lasts 3 weeks to a month..but that is because she recommended spraying 2 layers. I find that 1 layer is sufficient for me as I use a concealer to conceal before spraying the foundation. Will see how long mine lasts me. Putting foundation has never been this mess-free! No more brushes or sponges to wash. It is terribly expensive but worth the penny in my opinion. Skin looks flawless!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2007 4:31:00 PM More reviews by g

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading rave reviews about this foundation I headed down to Selfridges to try it out. The assistant was very helpful. She talked me through the whole process and went about spraying me with the foundation. I opened my eyes to a startling image in the mirror, this foundation sat in lines that I didn't even know I had!
My face was looking dry and powdery, the light hair on my face looked like a full blown beard and my eyebrows were covered in the coloured mist.
I really can't understand what all the fuss is about. The limited colours and the texture of this foundation makes it a no no for me and mu dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2007 4:00:00 PM More reviews by pinkpanther_1990

this product is amazing! because its winter in the uk now my skin is sooo dry, flaky, red and sensitive. i even have to carry around my daily mosituriser with me for touch ups.! its that bad that i dont even put any make up on at all in case my skin cracks and i have to re-moisturise asap - which is probably every half hour.

i was in selfridges yesterday and decided to visit my skII counter and she saw how bad my skin was so she used the clear lotion on me to remove the dead skin on top and used the air touch foundation. i was skeptical at first because i thought it was just another new product that wouldn't do anything at all.

it felt like a mini breeze of air on your face - it tickled abit too. very light and fresh. felt like my face was getting air - brushed haha.

she did one side first and i definitely saw a difference - smooth, dewy, and hydrated! so she did the other side and i held the mirror up close and i did see it wrinkle around the eyes because of my dry skin- which is not good because im only 17! so i asked her whether i should pat it down with my finger but she told me to just let it dry and it did smooth over. after a few minutes. i was also concerned about my laugh lines because i smile and laugh alot! so i was worried it will be like loads of other foundations i've tried where it looks good now but throughout the day it will crack and look obvious - but it really didnt. obviously when i laughed there were lines but my skin bounced back into the smooth airbrushed finish!

i carried on shopping that afternoon and ive had experiences where your foundations look awesome in some lights but really awful and obvious in others. but with this foundation i didnt have that problem - i kept checking my face in every mirror and i still couldn't believe it could be that flawless.

also my skin was constantly hydrated for the rest of the night - i even had an 18th birthday party to go that nite and it was still looking flawless.

i didnt want to take it off that when i got home because i knew it would be awhile before i could save up to buy it but i see it as an investment! hehe :D the major plus that did it for me was the hydration!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2007 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Eolo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been wanting to try this "on-again/off-again" for the past months. $150 Seemed so much to pay for, specially for a foundation.

But, the truth is I'm a foundation addict and I had to try it.

The gadget is incredible, it makes you feel like you're applying foundation in a Star Trek series, it's portable but more for traveling rather than going out at night and taking this for touch-ups, which I think are not needed, I've been out, ran, danced and it stayed put in my face. The finish is semi-matte, glowing more than dewy and I didn't look oily nor did I need to touch up with powder as the hours progressed. It's pricy, but considering the machine, it's an initial investment, the refills are a lot cheaper (don't get me wrong, it's still an expensive foundation).

I don't think I'll be looking for any other foundation, so considering how much I've spent over the years looking for my HG, it wouldn't have been as expensive as my trial and errors.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2007 5:55:00 AM More reviews by Tess35

I use this only on special occassion too as this is very expensive. My most favorite time to use this is when I am wearing backless. I spray this to my face, neck and back and people compliment on my beautiful skin.

My only comment is that:

1. It does not look so angelic over my SPF;

2.It does not provide the coverage that I want- which is medium. Using this as a finishing touch after concealer/powder defeats its purpose in my opinion;

3. It seems to hide my pores at first but after a few hours, the foundation settles in them, hence making them more obvious.

4. The initial investment on the machine is so high. I still could not figure out how to get that cost back.

EDIT: I bought a new refill colour OB4 at S$202 for 2 5ml sachet as my old OB2 was slightly lighter than my skintone. I really really want to love this product but I just can't. I find that it suits better as a finisher but it totally defeats its main purpose- being a foundation. For this price I am expecting something great and versatile. But this is not the case here as even sans SPF cream on my face and whichever way I put this on, this still could not be held in the same league as Sisley's. Well, maybe I am just a spoiled Sisley foundation brat. But I still really think that Sisley oil-free and transmat liquid fdn is the greatest invention ever for a woman's face. I really do not want to be a minority here but I can't help it. Performance-wise it is good but nothing amazing. This is too expensive for what it is really worth.