September 22, 2014 | 1764 users online

Fragrances - Bath and Body Works - Sensual Amber EDT

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2006 9:53:00 AM More reviews by littleandcute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh, pretty pretty pretty, not that I can wear it 'cause I can't wear most ambers and vanilla don't smell that great on me neither but this is REAL pretty. But you know what? I could get by just fine not never smelling this again on account of having to go to the mall? And I just about got smothered to death because I think they're piping it through the ventilation system, y'all, listen, I am serious here. Somebody takes and pours a whole big old bottle in the main vent about every 30 minutes. Maybe Bath and Body pays them to do it? Or they might have somebody sneak in there, I don't know but it's the god's own truth. Plus two out of three females under 80 and some of them too sprays theirselves when they walk past Bath and Body. A lot. Like they need to do that with all the sillage coming off that storefront?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2006 7:18:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The only b&bw toilette I had any interest to buy. The others seemed too one noted, besides the brown sugar/fig and Japanese cherry blossom. This is still my favorite by far. I don't see the similarity with Flowerbomb, but this is an amazing scent. I have the entire collection, and I'm sure to go back again many times. *update* I just saw that they have made this into a limited edition perfume for christmas. Along with japanese cherry blossom and warm vanilla sugar. The free product with any purchase for you and a friend is in the november cosmo magazine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2006 10:44:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This isn't a rich amber, like the amber in Ambre Sultan, POTL or Ambre Narguile, but a 'lite' amber - the kind that smells like burnt vanilla sugar. I don't mind that because I would purchase this as a frivolous pick-me-up, wearing-to-the-cinema, wearing-under-PJs, walking-my-folks'-dog-with-boyfriend kind of fragrance. This isn't a take-me-seriously scent (although my boyfriend would probably call it a 'take-me-now scent, since he is wild about the similar Flowerbomb) but then again, it isn't trying to be. I think Sensual Amber is well-blended, it smells expensive - well, it smells like the expensive Flowerbomb - and the price is right. I'm very impressed by this one and when BBW finally makes the treck back to the UK (I remember there being a store in the Milton Keynes shopping centre when I was a teen but then it vanished) I shall happily part with however much small cash they request for it. I suspect BBW will whack up the prices for the UK market - like Aveda did - but we'll see. If it's ten, fifteen quid, I'll take it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2006 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Rebeccajw

BBW is really hitting it out of the park lately. Some of their recent scents have been their best in a long time. I thought Brown SUgar & Fig was their best work lately, but it has definitely been eclipsed by Sensual Amber. This is a much more sophisticated, nuanced scent than BBW usually creates. It's not the most ambery of ambers, so if that's what you're looking for, you might want to try something else. But for my money, it's a much more wearable amber. It's softer and less pungent than a lot of ambers. Some have noticed a similarity with Flowerbomb. I wouldn't say they're terribly similar, but I'd feel comfortable layering the BBW lotion with the Flowerbomb perfume. All things considered, this is a great scent!