August 20, 2014 | 1893 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Liquidlast Liner - Point Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by BeautyMuse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This liner is like CEMENT. It most definitely passes the pool test! You'll be needing baby oil to get this one off because make up remover is not going to do the trick. I find this one goes on a little patchier than the Coco Bar colour but it's not a big deal. It's also a TRUE black colour, no gray or red or blue tone to it. I do wish the brush was a little sturdier but no product is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by msue23

I've gone through 3 bottles of this stuff, I love it so much. I find that I still have to set it sometimes with eyeshadow over top, just so my eyelash curler doesn't chip it off, but even then the chipping is minimal. I wore it on my birthday and I was thoroughly caked in the face. After I cleaned myself off with just some water, it literally looked like nothing happened. I didn't have to make any touch ups at all, and no one could believe it. This stuff is absolutely ridiculous, and worth every penny.

You HAVE to take this off with an oil based remover though. I massage baby oil or olive oil on my face to break it down at the end of the day. Also, I wouldn't recommend using this in a rush. I use a blow drier on a cool setting to speed up the drying time in the morning because it takes so long, but once it's dry it's like cement.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by SugarCelebi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally, the eyeliner to answer my prayers. This is the be-all and end-all of all liquid liners. Seriously, my HG, and I've never had one of those before. Since I have Asian eyes, eyeliner NEVER stays on for me. It always smudges or flakes and it is extremely annoying, even with primer and everything. But this stuff stays like no other. I don't wear liner very often because it doesn't stay, but with this I can wear eyeliner till the cows come home. The only thing is, it's kind of hard to get off, but it's a small price to pay for stuff that it basically indestructible.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by lovesyndrome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Edit: Took off a lippie because I actually do find that the thick brush is hard to work with. I don't even bother trying to apply this anymore. If this had a better brush, I think it would be perfect.

***Original review***
At last, an eyeliner that stays on for more than a couple hours! I don't wear eyeliner very often and it's precisely because I can't find one that stays put or lasts! But now I have. I really like the formula of this. I actually tested it on my hand and it stayed on and didn't smudge for 2 days. It did fade however from washing my hands and showering, but that's expected. Comes off easily with my Clinique Take The Day Off, although I still have small traces of it in between my lashes. It's also easy to fix with a q-tip and Pond's cold cream (or probably any makeup remover) if you make a mistake.

This is my 1st waterproof liner, though, and my 3rd liquid liner. I've bought 2 from Wet n' Wild, non-waterproof and waterproof. They smudged so easily, although I did like the brush of the non-waterproof one.

The only downside to MAC Liquidlast is the brush. It's flat so it's hard to make fine lines, but it's doable. You kind of have to shape the tip to be pointed so it's easier to work with. I can make a thin line on my lashline w/o problem, but it's slightly difficult for me to draw a nice wing with.

Still, I would repurchase unless I find another liner that stays as well AND has a nice pointed brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 1:13:00 PM More reviews by normaestrada19

I cried after this eyeliner stayed in my waterline the entire day!!! Guess what after I cried, k so I more teared up, my eyeliner was still in my waterline!!!!!!!!! Love, love, love this. If needed, I would pay 100 dollars for this HG eyeliner cuz it is the only thing that has ever, and I mean EVAH stayed in my waterline. I have searched high and low and now I have found my one true love other than my husband, of course. I have heard rumors that they may discontinue this product because they now have the superslick liquid eyeliner, but please MAC there is room for both products. I have even contacted MAC to find out if the rumors are true. Unlike most people, I have not had issues with the removal of the product. I am in love ladies! Please don't break my heart MAC by discontinuing my HG eyeliner. I am already starting to tear up and my eyeliner is STILL on!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by zombiexunicorns

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow. This eyeliner stays on ALL day. It's amazing.
I put it on every morning and it stays on all day without fading or smudging. I can rub my eye and not worry about it!
When I put it on, it felt warm, which I find really cool, since all other liquid eyeliners I've tried felt really cold on my eye.
It even stays on my waterline. It's that amazing.
Once I went to bed without removing my eyeliner, and it stayed on after sleeping, without smudging or fading. This eyeliner is awesome.
The one downside is that it's so long wearing that it's REALLY hard to get off. I use cheap makeup wipes to remove my makeup, and removing this takes forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by cheechi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, this stuff seriously STAYS PUT all day. Even on those crappy, windy, blisteringly cold days when I'm walking to the subway in the morning and my eyes are tearing like crazy - this stuff does not budge! It goes on very black, too.

There are a few cons about this product. I have been doing cat-eye liner almost every day for years now, and this stuff was a little challenging for me to get the hang of. You have to be very careful when applying this - if I drew too thick of a cat-eye and blinked by mistake, this stuff would smear onto the tops of my eyelids. It also does have a tendency to start gooping up I'd say about halfway through the product's life. Eyeshadow also seems to stick to this a little, so when I would get home from work there would sometimes be a very slight powdery residue on top of the eyeliner. This can be easily fixed by just touching it up, but I figured it's worth noting.

Basically, at the end of the day, this eyeliner does exactly what it says it will do - wears all day long. It's practically semi-permanent, so you have to use a good eye MU remover to take it off. Very good product that I will repurchase for those days when I need eyeliner that wears like crazy.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2010 3:10:00 AM More reviews by jvice2

This is definitely the BEST liquid eyeliner I've ever purchased. Finally, a liquid eyeliner that actually lasts the entire day. It's waterproof and smudgeproof, and doesn't budge at all on my oily lids. But you definitely have to be careful about making mistakes. I use MAC's Gently Off Eye & Lip Makeup Remover to get it off. The only problem I have is that after a few months, the consistency is a little goopy and some of the liquid has dried up.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by katerspie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is, hands-down, my favorite eyeliner in existence (never mind favorite liquid liner, for me it beats them all). I have tried loads of liquid liners, gel liners, the ones with little felt-tips, and not one of them comes close to liquidlast. It does not budge all day, which is exactly what I'm looking for, doesn't smudge up and leave residue on my undereyes/face.

That said, it is a task to remove it, but armed with the proper tools it's almost a breeze. I just swipe on some A&D ointment, or Vaseline but I prefer the former, and let it sit for a few minutes. After that, it wipes off neatly.

I despise the container. I really hate the brush, and never use it. Instead I use either a MAC 266 or comparable brush, depending on the kind of line I'd like. The downside is getting the liner onto the brush isn't the easiest, but it works.

I wear almost nothing else, and can't recommend this liner enough!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Mandibulo

This is the blackest black liner on the market. A tad trickier to apply than the normal felt-tip liquid liners, but it grows on you after a little practice. This goes on as a thick liquid and it is absolutely FORBIDDEN to blink or raise your eyes in any direction while it's still wet, because it is guaranteed to transfer to your lid/browbone, and it will stay there till the end of time. Once it's on, there's no getting it off. No space for mistakes with this one - you really need to get the hang of applying it before actually using it for a proper look. Once it's dry, it looks sort of alien on your lid, it doesn't feel like paint or stain or any other familiar form of face color. It looks more like a thin stripe of shiny new ashpalt, or some sort of glossy black mud from hell. Believe it or not, I mean well when using these terms, it's actually quite an accomplishment for a product to look so interesting, compact and unmovable from your skin. Now that last bit, you'll find to be an issue. Say you apply it perfectly and enjoy it all night long, and the next day, and the day after (yes it won't smudge at all) - how do you get it off? Well, good luck with that. It does not come off. It litterally sticks to your skin and holds onto it for dear life; unless you have a really oil-enforced cleanser that will eventually manage to break it down and remove it, your eyes will suffer a great ordeal. This liner is unforgiving and indestructible. That said, the decision is up to you. I would personally opt out of it since it's the least handy product to use, despite its incomparable performance.