Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant

4.1

Not tested on animals

Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Colloidal Oatmeal, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Allantoin, Papain, Salicylic Acid, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, PCA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Cyclodextrin, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 8/20/2012 2:35:00 PM

BAD products.. Made my skin sentive because of GLUTEN and parabens.

Very bad product

on 8/17/2012 8:56:00 AM

This product is very gentle when it comes to actually exfoliating because it did not make my face peel at all after using several times. The only reason I did not give it all it's lippies is because the salycylic acid gives me more acne and it is not just this product, I have just figured it out on my own from continuous trial and error. This product does smell really good and I like the creamy paste is becomes and how it did not aggravate my sensitive skin leaving it red or raw. The only issue I have is it is kind of hard to use being that it is a dry powder and it activates upon touching water, so in other words you cannot get the product that is in the bottle wet at all or it is pretty much ruined. This would be perfect for someone who can use salycylic acid products and who has the time to keep it dry.

I had to write this review for two reasons. First, I have to clarify that this is in fact a chemical exfoliant. It contains salicylic acid, a BHA. That is why you're supposed to get it extremely wet and make a creamy paste rather than a grainy one. It is not meant to be physical. I don't think it hurts to have it somewhat grainy in order to receive some physical exfoliation. However, it is meant to be chemical.

Second, my actual review. This product is decent. I have a feeling if I actually used it every day I would get better results, but I slack off too much when it comes to skincare. My skin is extremely sensitive and was not bothered by this at all, so I would say if you have sensitive skin and are looking for an exfoliant ask for a sample of this. Do not go buy the full thing without trying it because it is expensive and I did see that some with sensitive skin have had reactions. I'm giving it 3 lippies because it's not bad but not wonderful, and part of that may be to lack of diligence on my part. I'm not planning to buy again because it is pretty spendy (though you get a lot) and I will probably move on to something else by the time I run out.

on 8/9/2012 11:18:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have combination skin with a very oily T-zone. When I started this product, I had a lot of milia, keratin filled cysts that only a pro can remove. With this product, I don't develop milia or breakouts. Hurray! And, I only use it about twice a week in the morning, which is doing the trick. There is no irritation. I estimate it will last 6 months. It is pricey but will save money because I won't need salon facials.

on 7/21/2012 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Really like this product, I use it every night as I use waterproof sunblock all year round and need a deep cleaning in the evening to take it off. This is gentle yet effective, leaves my skin really clean without drying it.

on 7/18/2012 3:48:00 PM

Been using this product for years. I think people who have bad judgments of this havnt used this product long enough. it takes about 2 months to really start noticing the difference in your skin. Im always prone to break outs but if used daily they go away. i dont know why people dont use this everyday and only twice a week? its called DAILY microfoiliant for a reason. my skin is immediately lighter in complextion and smoother. when i dont use this my skin looks dull and boring nothing compares!!!

on 7/13/2012 2:05:00 AM

this is a rather expensive microfoliant, costing about $104 in singapore for a bottle. i use this twice a week before i put on a facial mask sheet and a bottle lasts me for about 5 months. skin brightens instantly and it is gentle to the skin.

I bought this based on the hype and positive reviews, but ended up returning it because it just didn't do anything special for me. I plunked down my $50 expecting a product that would justify me paying such a high price, and well it disappointed me. Now I don't feel so alone after reading another review stating one of the main ingredients was just rice flour. Yes it made my face feel soft, didn't feel harsh or abrasive. But it didn't make enough of a difference in my skin to justify the price. Also, i think part of it was mental with me, since i like the texture of a fine gritty scrub on my face every once in a while. (currently LOVING Clinique Exfoliating Scrub) IMO baking soda mixed with my purity cleanser along with my Clairsonic works way better, and is more cost efficient to boot.

on 6/19/2012 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this product for 4 days and I can't say enough good things! First of all I have extremely sensitive skin that does not tolerate scrubs very well. My skin is unbelievably soft right now and is radiating! I'm looking forward to seeing how well this continues to work. The only downside is that it's super expensive but if it continues to work I have no problem spending the money on it.

on 6/18/2012 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is actually a good product and does make my skin quite soft and smooth. However, just plain, simple rice flour (the kind you use for cooking) gives me the same kind of result and can be used in the same way. For the amonunt I spend on this, I can buy rice flour to last me years...lol. Rice flour mixed with a little buttermilk helps in summer when my skin is a little oilier, mixed with a little cucumber juice helps hydrate it in winter. Its eco friendly too. Why then should I spend so much.