April 24, 2014 | 1049 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - Daily Microfoliant

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by vivian101265

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing product. I had a deluxe sample and just bought a full size so i never go without it. I use it every other day before I go to bed and I wake up with bright clear skin. It has helped so much in evening out the texture of my skin and getting rid of dry spots. The powder form takes getting used to. I will never go without this. The smell is mild. I wish it wasn't so expensive and hard to buy in Canada.

5/5 in my books

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by mazzy13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is a lovely daily cleanser, makes skin soft and clean its very gentle, expensive but lasts a long time

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Corak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was introduced to Dermalogica products following a visit to a hotel spa for a deep cleansing facial. Immediately after the facial treatment, my skin appeared brighter and clearer due to the rice enzymes and salicylic acid (these are some incredible powerhouse ingredients). I was so stunned with the results that I bought a bottle of this intriguing little water activated powder home the very same day. Dermalogica has become such a superbrand: everything from the heavy expensive plastic packaging to the first rate ingredients does not disappoint. Unreserved recommendation from me as someone with chronic blemish-prone skin and severe redness.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by bloodymerry52

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This came as a huge sample in my Birchbox a couple months ago, and I'm still using it. I only use it at night so it has lasted a long time. It is a gentle exfoliator, not harsh at all. When I finish my sample, I plan to buy full size product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Michaelangelo22

The best chemical exfoliant I've ever tried, and I've tried many. Gentle enough for daily use, yet effective enough to see a brighter complexion after one use. This will seriously give you luminous skin! When your scrubbing it may feel like nothings happening, but just leave it be on your face for a couple minutes then rinse. Voila! gorgeous skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by GucciDiva

This is a gentle, yet effective exfoliant. I use it about 4-5 times a week. After I wash my face, I leave it sopping wet, then pour some of this into my hand with a bit of water. I rub it together a bit so that it starts to be a paste, then massage it into my skin. I do this for about a min, then leave it to sit for another min or so. When I remove it, all my flakes are gone and my skin looks rejuvenated and feels soft.

This is especially good for those of us who have oily skin that is prone to flaking. Before I would exfoliate once a week with something heavy duty and suffer for the rest of the week with flakes, but this gets rid of that problem. I have also just started using Ziana and this is gentle enough to get rid of the flakes without causing irritation. High recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 7:20:00 AM More reviews by kerish345

Firstly, I bought this product on recommendation from a a therapist who works in a salon I walk pass everyday.
It was the day before my school gala and my skin was looking ... dry, uneven and dull.
My skin issue: Uneven skin tone, dry and oily, dull
What I needed: I told her i wanted something that would fix my problem like right now
She said I should see immediate result such as skin brightened and smooth complexion and I should use it teh night before and the day after, before the event.
However: She would recommend the refining mask to use in combi for an even better result(I didnt buy it)
result: I saw results with one use the night before! I used it the next morning and I was in awe!
NOW: my skin looks amazing after 5 days
NB: I use CVS night cream on my face and a face oil(Nuxe) this may be why I say such quick results

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 7:32:00 AM More reviews by lurveit914

I had never heard of this product until I was given a sample. I tried it and the next day noticed a difference... my skin was a little brighter than before, pores smaller and skin smoother. I never wanted to spend too much on skincare products because to me they were all just full of empty promises but this is NOT one of those crappy products.

PROS:
- Brightens skin
- Shrinks pores (they don't disappear but are smaller)
- Skin is left smooth
- Makeup application is easier because of it
- The brightening effect helps some brown skin discolouration I have going on due the Australian sun.
- Don't break out from it
- Helps heal the odd (monthly friend) pimple much faster when used.
- The full size bottle I ended up purchasing has so far lasted me 5 months.

CONS:
- Application can be tricky to work out/place into routine as the powder can't get wet until the moment you want to use it. However, I keep my bottle out of the bathroom and have a little mini cup that I pour a small amount into.
- Expensive when purchasing (but value for money).

APPLICATION:
I initially pour a 1inch (5cent size piece for those Australians) amount into my little mini cup and place it outside of the shower but still in reach. I cleanse my face with Benzac facial wash (contains 5% Benzoyl peroxide.. similar to Proactiv but much cheaper) and then once that's washed off pour the Dermalogica powder into the palm of my hands. With the water already on my hands from the shower I rub the powder together to create a paste. I make sure I'm not directly under the shower nozzle at this point and rub the paste over my face, neck, shoulders and top chest (I've noticed such a nice difference in this area of my slightly sun damaged Aussie skin). I leave it on for 30secs-1min whilst I exfoliate or shave and then rinse it all off. I've tried using the stuff just in the sink but find it's much easier once a day or every second day in the shower.

On a side note I have oily-combination skin but am very pimple prone. If I don't pay attention to my skin all hell will break loose! I can't use regular drugstore (low-end) facial cleansers (like clearasil, etc), sleep in my makeup just once, only use a face wipe instead of cleansing because my face will see breakouts (even at 26). So for me this stuff is fantastic and like I said above, along with my cleanser I now only see the odd pimple once a month and by no means is it obvious. Highly recommend.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by xoxsexylv57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I really enjoy using this product. Yes, I have the Clarisonic Pro brush and love and adore that, but sometimes I just really like the feeling of an actual scrub on my face. As a rule, I don't generally use scrubs, they can be very abrasive and rough on the skin, but I don't find that to be the case with this product. The powder, when mixed with water, creates a very fine, silky scrub that really makes your skin glow after using it. I also love the fact that this contains salicylic acid and tea tree oil in it, as I find these two ingredients particularly effective in combating acne and improving cell turnover. Yes, this is rather expensive at $50, but you don't need very much when using it. I really enjoy this product, and I will definitely be re-purchasing when I run out.

Also, as a side note, this container is very well designed. The cap is a screw top that lies flat against the opening (two holes where the powder comes out), so you never get any messy powder spillage. I have travelled with this several times and have never had a dreaded powder explosion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 6:10:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have Clarisonic brush and this, and I actually think that they are interchangeable. For my skin they do exactly the same thing: smoothing my skin. I don't think this scrub exfoliates my skin but I use glycolic products for that. I use this guy in the morning when I feel that I have flakes or bumps, and my skin is left smooth. Nice product that gets the job done