September 30, 2014 | 1333 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Moisture Rich foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by spiller

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Overall, a huge disappointment and major waste of money - I think I spent around $50 for this. Sad.

Pros:
- Good range of colors
- Reputable brand
- Very buildable
- Nice, smooth texture straight from bottle

Cons:
- Even when layered, doesn't achieve great coverage
- Price
- Best applied with brush, which costs even more money
- Doesn't seem to ever "set" on skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 8:08:00 AM More reviews by chanel277

So this is Bobbi Brown's moisturizing foundation.Comes in a little glass bottle without a pump and retails 35 euros.The coverage is very buildable and goes for medium to full.Has satin moisturizing finish and the staying power is good(not perfect just good)Has very nice silky texture and blends very easily.I use MAC's 187 brush to apply this foundation and works best for me this way.It's not oil free,doesn't provide matte finish and it's very moisturizing product so if you have oily skin think twice before you purchase this foundation.I have oily acne prone skin but matte foundations realy don't work for me so I m using foundations like this one and yes sometimes I do look shiny but this is not such a big problem for me,I always have with me an oil free,oil absorbing powder(like blot powder by MAC)and I keep the problem under control.Didn't cause me any kind of problems and in general I m happy with this foundation gives me good coverage and a natural helthy finish that I like a lot.I m nc30 and I have the shade in this one 3.5 warm beige and works quite good.To be honest I m not so sure that I will buy it again.It realy works good for me and it's a good quality product but just for me the Dior's total high deffinition serum foundation,chanel's vitalumiere and clinique's repairwaer foundation work just a little bit better.
INGREDIENTS:Water, Cyclomethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Copolyol, Carpylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Isocetyl Alcohol, Isohexadecane, Wheat Germ Glycerides, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Whey Protein, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Lavender, Triethyl Citrate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Stearate, Dimethicone Copolyol Crosspolymer, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, HDI/Trimethyol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Triclosan, Chloroxylenol, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by hathor2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I went to a bobbi brown workshop and I was lucky enough to be picked as their lab rat. they swathed about 3 shades of liquid foundations on me and we decided on the sand shade because i am very pale and on the yellow side.

It felt nice when it was being applied on my face, though the make up artist was using a foundation blush, I can use my finger to apply the foundation all over my face without hassle. the workshop I went to, though, had a pump bottle that contained the liquid foundation, so compared to the other reviews, mine would be less harsh on this foundation's packaging.

The fact that it comes in a pump up bottle makes the whole liquid foundation experience less messy. Two squirts or even less, is all it takes to get the foundation layered on me. So a little goes a long way. The used the bisque shade pressed powder on me to give me a more healthy look and set the foundation on me.

I really liked how the shade of foundation suited me. It didn't make me look like a ghost, and it photographed well on me. It also lasted more than half a day without a major touch up, just an oil blotting paper on my t zone. It also didn't slide off or go on my oil blotting paper.

The product itself applies really smoothly and it dries quickly. But not too quick that you haven't had ample time to spread it around on your face.

Because they used the moisture rich on me, I became shiny in about an hour, so it's the oil free variant that is more suited to my face.

I will only buy the liquid foundation if it were in that pump bottle that they had at the work shop, otherwise it's a mousse or cream foundation for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2008 6:58:00 AM More reviews by floppy3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this to wear to a big event that happened in summer '08. I wanted to try Bobbi Brown as their colour options seemed to suit my skin perfectly and I was dissatisfied with MAC. I also bought this because the SA said that the oil free version can change colour on the face where as this one tends to stay true to the bottle.

I have normal skin but didn't want a completely matt finish. I applied my usual basic moisturiser that wasn't for dry or oily skin, let it sink in and then applied this with a foundation brush. Holy cow ! My face was greasy within minutes and the product seemed to never settle or 'dry' on my face ! So now I use this as more of a tinted moisturiser with extra coverage and use a touch of powder to seal and it gives a lovely real skin finish. Colour has got yellow undertones which don't give you a completely porcelain finish which is what I was looking for but hey . . .

Get over the bottle being glass ! Maybe it is not so hygienic with the screw top. I tend not to drop my make-up and when I have dropped this the bottle is pretty resilient. But I would say it is very expensive for what you are getting . . . 35 euro for a measly bottle !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2008 7:34:00 PM More reviews by bubblegarm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love the formula, it has medium coverage which is buildable, it gives a light dewy finish to the skin, i set it lightly with mac msf natural.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2008 10:26:00 AM More reviews by savethemarianne

I bought this in beige for my NC30 skin.

PROS: I found this foundation easily blendable, a good colour match for my oriental skin due to the yellow undertones (a real rarity) and a really smooth finish that isn't luminous but gives a gentle glow.

CONS: The cons were, under bright light (e.g. within arms length camera flash) the luminous glow became a white out and i looked really pale and ill which i'm guessing is due to the yellow undertones. please note this was not the case in ordinary daylight and photos, just under really bright lights. I probably could have used a touch more bronzer or blusher and looked alright but i haven't tested this out yet.
also it can have a slightly powdery look if u look really closely, but i stress to add you have to really look for it. as with a lot of bb make up, it tends to smudge off easily, and if you blow your nose you will find the tissue covered in foundation.

I have decided to use this as a daytime foundation, and i've been very happy with it, the cons are really minor compared with the joy of a good colour match and nice healthy looking finish, so i would buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2008 5:39:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I am on the fence whether I like this foundation or not.
I have this in Sand which is a good match for me (I am NC 15 yellow undertones).
he color is right, although I find it a bit on the yellowish side - to correct this I anyhow use some bronzer after the setting powder.
It is a rich foundation with a good coverage, thing very important to me. It is really very pigmented so you really need a tiny bit. This is the best thing in this BB foundation, the coverage! (and it is not cakey!)
I have combo skin (classical T-zone) that tends to get very dry in winter especially on my cheeks… I need a lot of moisture so I am happy if foundation helps on that.
So far, I have to say this is a good foundation, had no adverse reaction no breakouts.
OK, it is not like Double Wear that holds all day…in fact by midday I have to blot & powder again. And if you rub your face by mistake (of if you blow your nose) the foundation tends to go off.
I know, this foundation does not claim to be a long wear one, but those little things are annoying somewhat.
I do not like the bottle at ALL: glass (dangerous in your bathroom!!!), rather plain and cheap looking.
It is so narrow mouthed that I cannot even put my brush in.
They should REALLY change the bottle (a pump dispenser would be highly welcome!!) especially fo the high price tag they put on this product.
Another big downside is that this foundation is very “moist” and takes forever to dry… I mean, I have to allow at least 4 minutes to get absorbed/dry in order to apply powder.
Otherwise it is really like having water on your face! This is OK for hydrating but annoying in the morning when you are in a hurry.
Other than that, well it is ok for me in winter (in summer would be a big NO).
Well at the end, I said “yes” to “buy it again”.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2008 8:42:00 AM More reviews by meela188

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i really like this foundation. it matches my complexion perfectly and hydrates my skin at the same time. i love the way this foundation feels on my skin and i love the fact that it evens my skin tone without looking cakey. i have not had a problem blending or looking oily with this foundation because of my method of application. i use the MAC 180 buffer brush for all my liquid foundations and it blends any foundation to a natural finish in seconds. if you do not have the mac 180 seriously go and buy one, in fact buy 2 because they are limited. secondly i use Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot which is a pore minimizing and oil controlling foundation primer. it makes my foundation go on smoothly and keeps it in place all day, while mattyfying my skin and reducing my pores. auto pilot is a staple of mine since it does everything in one product. lastly i use Cinema Secrets translucent powder(do a search you will hear all the raves). the cinema secrets powder keeps me shine free all day and night without any touchups and that's saying alot because i live in miami.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2008 8:43:00 PM More reviews by terrorteensuperstar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This porduct is way too moist. i used coverup before it and it wiped it all off. and it take a while to dry and i'm not sure when its evenly blended since its soo freakin' wet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2008 6:15:00 AM More reviews by sharonkumar

The makeup artist at the Bobbi Brown counters recommended me this moisture rich foundation.Normally,I would not go for any sort of rich moisture foundation,but my cheeks are generally very dry so i decided to give it go.

It makes my skin look smooth,even and looked good.

This has to be one of the best foundation I ever used because it looks so natural AND FLAWLESS!
I mean no one can tell Im wearing makeup.They think my skin is just that good and it isnt.

If youre looking for a sheerer foundation(this one provides medium coverage on first application) then check out Bobbi Brown's Skin foundation because that is ultra good too and my current favorite.

For reference,Im a Mac Nc42 and I wear the shade Warm Natural.