Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich foundation

3.6

water, cyclomethicone, phenyl trimethicone, butylene glycol, dimethicone, dimethicone copolyol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, octyl methoxycinnamate, isocetyl alcohol, isohexadecane, wheat germ glycerides, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, jojoba oil, hydrogenated lecithin, whey protein, sodium hyaluronate, ascorbyl palmitate, lavender, triethyl citrate, cholesterol, linoleic acid, propylene carbonate, sorbitan stearate, dimethicone copolyol crosspolymer, quaternium-18 hectorite, HDI/trimethyol hexyllactone crosspolymer, cetyl dimethicone copolyol, laureth-7, xanthan gum, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triclosan, chloroxylenol, BHT, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica.

on 5/27/2009 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE this foundation. I'm an NC35-40 and am Natural 4 in BB. NC42 should be Warm natural. This stuff is great for my dry, sensitive skin. Definitely not for those with oily skin. Looks great and feels great though I always set it with powder to make it truely last.

My skin can be sensitive some winter time and be prone to eczema break outs and this stuff sooths my face. MAC select spf 15 foundie makes my face sting. Now I'm interested to see what's the difference between this foundation and the luminous.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have been using a sample of Moisture Rich foundation in Alabaster for about two weeks and I have been pleasantly surprised. I typically wear Becca LSC or other TMs so I anticipated this foundation would feel very heavy... however, it was easy to get a light application and the foundation felt as weightless on my skin as any TM I have tried. This foundation also blended effortlessly, did not irritate my sensitive skin or cause breakouts, and did not change color through the day. I do have very dry skin so I applied this over my usual rich moisturizer (Eucerin Q10 sensitive skin cream) but I didn't have problems with my skin getting shiny (I set it with NARS loose powder). Unfortunately though, even the Alabaster shade was a bit too dark for my very pale skin... not so dark that I wouldn't wear it, but darker than I would like (and definitely darker on me than Becca LSC in Porcelain). Also, my sample packet had a very strong chemical smell to it... since I haven't seen too many other ladies mention a fragrance here I assume I received an old sample packet. I would definitely consider purchasing Moisture Rich foundation if I wanted more coverage than a TM and didn't mind a slightly too-dark color match. Highly recommended for ladies with dry, sensitive skin!

on 4/2/2009 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I think I may have found my HG foundation. I have very fair (lighter than NC15) skin so finding a good foundation that matches my skin tone can be difficult. The color match is really nice and it doesn't darken or change color throughout the day like many other foundations I have do. I would definately repurchase this foundation. On a side note, the MAs at Bobbi Brown are beyond fantastic and I would continue to ship there just for the wonderful customer service

on 3/10/2009 9:38:00 PM

i had this is foundation a while ago, and tho i dont use it any more(thank goodness for that) i cant make an proper proper review on it.

but from i do remember is that it did not do what it claimed to do. all i got from this foundation was flakey flakey all the way! it was just eww

and the packaging didnt make it easier either, i remember wasting ar too much of this stuff while pouring it onto my hand to apply it

on 1/19/2009 11:29:00 PM

Overall, a huge disappointment and major waste of money - I think I spent around $50 for this. Sad.

Pros:
- Good range of colors
- Reputable brand
- Very buildable
- Nice, smooth texture straight from bottle

Cons:
- Even when layered, doesn't achieve great coverage
- Price
- Best applied with brush, which costs even more money
- Doesn't seem to ever "set" on skin

on 1/19/2009 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

So this is Bobbi Brown's moisturizing foundation.Comes in a little glass bottle without a pump and retails 35 euros.The coverage is very buildable and goes for medium to full.Has satin moisturizing finish and the staying power is good(not perfect just good)Has very nice silky texture and blends very easily.I use MAC's 187 brush to apply this foundation and works best for me this way.It's not oil free,doesn't provide matte finish and it's very moisturizing product so if you have oily skin think twice before you purchase this foundation.I have oily acne prone skin but matte foundations realy don't work for me so I m using foundations like this one and yes sometimes I do look shiny but this is not such a big problem for me,I always have with me an oil free,oil absorbing powder(like blot powder by MAC)and I keep the problem under control.Didn't cause me any kind of problems and in general I m happy with this foundation gives me good coverage and a natural helthy finish that I like a lot.I m nc30 and I have the shade in this one 3.5 warm beige and works quite good.To be honest I m not so sure that I will buy it again.It realy works good for me and it's a good quality product but just for me the Dior's total high deffinition serum foundation,chanel's vitalumiere and clinique's repairwaer foundation work just a little bit better.
INGREDIENTS:Water, Cyclomethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Copolyol, Carpylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Isocetyl Alcohol, Isohexadecane, Wheat Germ Glycerides, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Whey Protein, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Lavender, Triethyl Citrate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Stearate, Dimethicone Copolyol Crosspolymer, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, HDI/Trimethyol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Triclosan, Chloroxylenol, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

on 1/8/2009 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I went to a bobbi brown workshop and I was lucky enough to be picked as their lab rat. they swathed about 3 shades of liquid foundations on me and we decided on the sand shade because i am very pale and on the yellow side.

It felt nice when it was being applied on my face, though the make up artist was using a foundation blush, I can use my finger to apply the foundation all over my face without hassle. the workshop I went to, though, had a pump bottle that contained the liquid foundation, so compared to the other reviews, mine would be less harsh on this foundation's packaging.

The fact that it comes in a pump up bottle makes the whole liquid foundation experience less messy. Two squirts or even less, is all it takes to get the foundation layered on me. So a little goes a long way. The used the bisque shade pressed powder on me to give me a more healthy look and set the foundation on me.

I really liked how the shade of foundation suited me. It didn't make me look like a ghost, and it photographed well on me. It also lasted more than half a day without a major touch up, just an oil blotting paper on my t zone. It also didn't slide off or go on my oil blotting paper.

The product itself applies really smoothly and it dries quickly. But not too quick that you haven't had ample time to spread it around on your face.

Because they used the moisture rich on me, I became shiny in about an hour, so it's the oil free variant that is more suited to my face.

I will only buy the liquid foundation if it were in that pump bottle that they had at the work shop, otherwise it's a mousse or cream foundation for me.

on 12/26/2008 6:58:00 AM

I bought this to wear to a big event that happened in summer '08. I wanted to try Bobbi Brown as their colour options seemed to suit my skin perfectly and I was dissatisfied with MAC. I also bought this because the SA said that the oil free version can change colour on the face where as this one tends to stay true to the bottle.

I have normal skin but didn't want a completely matt finish. I applied my usual basic moisturiser that wasn't for dry or oily skin, let it sink in and then applied this with a foundation brush. Holy cow ! My face was greasy within minutes and the product seemed to never settle or 'dry' on my face ! So now I use this as more of a tinted moisturiser with extra coverage and use a touch of powder to seal and it gives a lovely real skin finish. Colour has got yellow undertones which don't give you a completely porcelain finish which is what I was looking for but hey . . .

Get over the bottle being glass ! Maybe it is not so hygienic with the screw top. I tend not to drop my make-up and when I have dropped this the bottle is pretty resilient. But I would say it is very expensive for what you are getting . . . 35 euro for a measly bottle !

on 12/18/2008 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

i love the formula, it has medium coverage which is buildable, it gives a light dewy finish to the skin, i set it lightly with mac msf natural.

I bought this in beige for my NC30 skin.

PROS: I found this foundation easily blendable, a good colour match for my oriental skin due to the yellow undertones (a real rarity) and a really smooth finish that isn't luminous but gives a gentle glow.

CONS: The cons were, under bright light (e.g. within arms length camera flash) the luminous glow became a white out and i looked really pale and ill which i'm guessing is due to the yellow undertones. please note this was not the case in ordinary daylight and photos, just under really bright lights. I probably could have used a touch more bronzer or blusher and looked alright but i haven't tested this out yet.
also it can have a slightly powdery look if u look really closely, but i stress to add you have to really look for it. as with a lot of bb make up, it tends to smudge off easily, and if you blow your nose you will find the tissue covered in foundation.

I have decided to use this as a daytime foundation, and i've been very happy with it, the cons are really minor compared with the joy of a good colour match and nice healthy looking finish, so i would buy this again.