July 23, 2014 | 1133 users online

Deodorants - Crystal - Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 10:39:00 AM More reviews by besidetheocean

I've been using this to treat acne after reading a post about it on acne.org. It seems to be working very well so far! Apparently the mineral salts in the deodorant stick kill the bacteria on skin that causes acne. I just apply it after I wash my face at night. It hasn't dried my skin out at all, but it was very oily to begin with. Anyone with stubborn acne should give this a try (not as a preventative, but a treatment). I found the crystal at Walgreens. It's all natural so I would much rather use it than any harsh chemicals.
UPDATE: This was too irritating to use on my face but it seems to be working for my chest and back.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't use this stuff but one time when I couldn't find my deodorant I used it cause my sister uses it and I was pleasantly surprised! It acted almost like an anti-persperant without the harmful ingredients. Kept me from smelling, without adding any perfume. I imagine it would be great for sensitive girls since it's so natural and perfume free etc. If you're having a hard time with anti-persperants, give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 10:16:00 PM More reviews by HippieMama

I have always had trouble finding the right deodorant because I am allergic to most. The all tend to cause my arm pits to burn or break out in little bumpies. I've even tried going with out deodorant because I think the body is meant to perspire and regular sticks prevent that. SO..I was pleased to discover this product a few weeks ago. I love it. It allows my arm pits to sweat but prevents them from smelling. And it lasts all day.Yay!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by shyviolet

After being let down by Tom's of Maine and other natural deodorants, I had no hope for this. When I saw that it was not scented, I definitely thought it wouldn't work. Shockingly, it works. You need to start off clean, wet the crystal and rub it under your arms using many more strokes than you would with a regular deodorant. I do it 100x but really fast so the whole thing only takes a few minutes. I was waiting for summer to review this but even when I am out sweating in the sun it works.

I am constantly checking to make sure this is still working during the days and it has not let me down yet. Even though this works great, I might use a regular deoderant if I was going to go out dancing all night. Maybe if it was scented I would be even more confident in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2009 12:39:00 PM More reviews by retrokitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is pretty much the best thing out there for going natural with deodarant. All it is made up of, is salt. All natural and no harsh chemicals. These are BIG in Europe and pretty much all they use. If you sweat a lot, It really wont control your sweating but it will control BO. I have used them off and on and had days were I felt nothing but stickiness and other days were it seemed to work fine. It's a love/hate relationship for me. I don't sweat a lot so it seems to be ok. But I HATE the sticky feeling! So I apply powder over it. Sort of defeats the purpose of clogging the pores, but if you use lotions, sunscreens, self tanners, etc you are already clogging your pores anyways. it's pretty much hard to avoid. I just like the fact that it doesn't contain chemicals. My hubby uses one all the time and swears by it and he's a man and sweats ALOT! And I rarely smell BO. So, there ya go!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Leylani

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my holy grail deodorant! Love this one to bits. As it is not toxic, i feel very safe when using it. Must be applied on clean skin. I got mine from iherb.com. And by using the permanent code for first time customers (RUF933), i got 5$ off my order :-) I also got the travel size, the mist and the roll on. They are all great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 5:29:00 AM More reviews by RuKa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it! I hate the smell of deodorant so this is a biiiig plus that it not only keeps you stinky free, but doesn't give you a foofy chemical perfumey smell like the rest.. which really sucks when it stops working and mixes with pit smells.. mmmmm pit flowers, nummy! Gross. So yeah, I'll be buying this again if it continues to work as well. I don't need it as often as other brands so it will last forever.. which it's advertised to do anyway. Very happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2009 5:29:00 PM More reviews by blue_jay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It worked at first. Then it stopped working.
As other mentioned the stick started to smell like BO too. Was ready to throw it.
Then I read here someone used alcohol to wipe it after each use. Didnít have alcohol but I tried with peroxide, and actually used peroxide to wet the stickÖ and miracle happened again.
It works! It works amazing! Iím really happy now and just hope it will not stop working.
Stick doesnít smell anymore either.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2009 2:51:00 PM More reviews by PurpleDragonFly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this for about a month now. So far I like it. I don't sweat much and I don't really stink. The true test will be in the summer months. I will use this during the winter when I don't need much protection. I'll update this in a few months.
I did get my husband to try it and it helped with his odor. He didn't smell at all, not even a day later.So that's a plus!
UPDATE: I stopped using it when I exercise. It doesn't help control the sweat.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 10:32:00 AM More reviews by pushpop

I went to a SASA store and they had a special offer whereby this Crystal Body Deodorant Stick was only SGD$3!! I had to buy it and it says with proper use, it will last up to 12 months?!?! GOLD!

I am terrified about having body odour as that is one of my pet peeves - people who stink bad and don't know it. I have practically tried all brands of anti-perspirant from roll-ons to sticks to sprays. And with the recent widespread claim that the aluminium-based active ingredient is linked to breast cancer, there isn't a better time to change!

So I was skeptical about the way this product works or if it would at all. No harm in trying (i packed my travel-size antiperspirant spray in case!). Lets just say, where I'm from, the weather is hot & humid all year long and people sweat a lot!!!

After a long day out I could not believe it...THIS STUFF ACTUALLY WORKS! You will sweat like normal but as reviewers claim, that is a good natural thing. No funky smells or odours! I am a convert!

PROS: (1) Will not block sweat glands
(2) Aluminium-free & natural
(3) Cheap given it should last 8-12 months per full size solid crystal stick
(4) Will not stain clothing with white streaks (unlike most anti-perspirants)
(5) Even comes in a roll-on or spray option
(6) Colourless, frangrance-free, preservative free (no parabens)
(7) ACTUALLY WILL WORK! No B.O. even after a long day out & about in hot & humid tropical climate

CONS:
(1) Not for the clumsy - once you drop it on the bathroom floor (and I did on a marbled hotel bathroom floor) it pretty much breaks into what seems to look like rock salt
(2) Might be considered inconvenient for some as you need ensure your skin is wet/moist before applying