October 1, 2014 | 1849 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by aligator

I love this face mask!!! I normally eat plain Greek yogurt anyways so this mask is just another way for me to use it. If you are breaking out from this mask, try using ORGANIC Greek yogurt. The hormones in regular yogurt are horrible for your skin and body! I use FAGE 2% Greek Yogurt. You can buy it at Safeway, Whole Foods or pretty much any big chain supermarket. I use a big spoonful of this yogurt straight from the fridge and smear a thick creamy layer onto my face and neck. 20 minutes later, I wash it off with warm water and my skin looks plump and glowy! Yes, it smells gross and can be strong at times but it's definitely worth it! Not to mention how cheap it is! I will use this face mask forever! I think this mask would also be good for a sunburn because it cools down the temperature of your skin.. Try it!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by cutekiwi57

I used Chobani plain Greek yogurt as a face mask. Initial reaction: Wow, it feels SO great on your face! The cool smooth creaminess is delightful. The smell is not so great, but definitely bearable. (Smells like sour- sour cream). I kept it on about 20 min or until it started to dry/crack a little. Then rinsed off with warm water. My face did seem to have a dewy glow, and it felt as though a thin film was left behind. I put my usual face moisturizer on afterwards. The next morning: dewy glow still there. I loved the results so much I started using it every day. After about a week I began breaking out in places that have been under control for years. :( I dropped it from the regimen, but may experiment by doing it less frequently &/or mixing it with honey or oatmeal as others have suggested to see if that makes a difference!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by linkadabb

I've only started using yogurt as a mask last night. The reason why i turned to yogurt was i irritated my skin from using lemon juice diluted with water /it works, i think i overdid, it diminishes acne scars! I have very sensitive acne prone skin/ so my said why don't you put that and leave it overnight I did as I she told. My face was stinging before I put yogurt on, but after I put it on , stinginess was gone. And I feel all those little bumps were gone and my skin was smooth. This morning i woke up early got in the shower washed my face with lukewarm water /i'm not using any cleanser/ I've only used this once so i'm not expecting huge results overnight, as I washed my face some bumps/dry patches were still there but it was getting better /i haven't noticed the brightening effect yet/. Now I'm at work and my face is stinging i know its getting very dry due to overdose of lemon juice, I will keep using yogurt mask every night for a week and see if my skin gets better/glowing without any bumps or redness. I'll only leave it on for 30mins and apply moisturizer afterwards as my face is so dry these days. And I'll update you guys!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by lxGossipGirlxl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This totally saved my skin!
I have super sensitive, combination skin that is red when irritated
I used nonfat, natural plain greek yogurt and it is amazing.
I just put it on my face for about 5 minutes and then my skin is left feeling hydrated, clean, and very fresh.
It took away all my redness and this is a great cheap, accessible item for your skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by girlygirl15

greek yogurt= amazing
once time, i used normal yogurt when i ran out of greek... baaaad idea. it smelled weird and didnt really do much. greek yogurt's the bomb.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by amnahp12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yes, I will buy this again, even though we usually have four tubs in our fridge. :p Convenient! As one earlier reviewer stated, it is SO much fun to make one's own face masks/care.

I am such a fan of all things natural, but for the most part they haven't really done much for my skin. ACV helps calm down inflammation, but nothing is a cure-all. Oils dry out my already dry skin [better for controlling oil production on oily skinned gals, methinks], honey made me break out, turmeric did nothing more than turn me bright yellow, and so on and so forth ...

Finally I decided to try the yogurt mask. Bear with me, this is an initial review that will get updated as I use it more. Disclaimer: it's still not a cure all. The first time I tried it [yesterday] I spooned together some full fat yogurt [thinking my dry, dehydrated skin could use all the moisture it could get], a bit of honey, and the dreaded turmeric [in the hopes that it wouldn't stain this time] ... and a touch of cornflour to help bind it. Patted it on my face, let it dry a bit, smoothed more onto my face to make a thicker layer, and waited until it dried [which took forever with the honey ...an hour and a half, two hours?]

When I rinsed it off... nothing special. There was the 'filminess' and of course the yucky spoiling milk smell left on my skin the rest of the day. My skin did feel a bit smoother. Maybe a little plumped. Barely discernible. Which is to be expected after one use. Hoping the film would act as a moisturizer, I skipped putting anything on my face to run the test. After a little while, my skin was still dry. Less dry than after a normal washing, but no miraculous moisturizing here. The blemishes and scars were the same. My skin was left slightly yellow tinted. [Turmeric is just not for me.]

This morning though, I woke up with shockingly smooth, plumped skin. Hmmm? What's this? Strange. I'm not used to that. Now, it COULD be the fact that I used a sample of Glow by Dr Brandt before bed last night, as well. But I choose to believe it is at least in part the yogurt :p And yes, I should never try new things together lol. Anyway ... No flakes! No dry-ish bits! Smooth smooth smooth skin. No effect on the blemishes, except the scars seemed to sit flatter - the big ones, no effect. [Sigh]

Today I put on a yogurt and lemon mask [will keep trying different things ...it's fun!] It is runnier [should have added a binder] and slightly 'stingy' - or rather, itchy. I can see it being full-out sting-y on more sensitive people. But just the feeling of the cool, smooth yogurt is so refreshing. After rinsing it off [30-45m?] I noticed that the blemishes I had that were more inflamed had calmed down significantly, but the ones that had pretty much disappeared and were flat this morning are now raised and quite inflamed and painful. I'm *hoping* this just means they're running through faster.

I find that a lot of the remedies and products on MUA are for oilier or combination skin people. And mature skinned ladies have their advice. But it's rare that I find reviews by dry-skinned people, or products that actually work for dry skin [at least mine]. Yogurt seems to help *a little* but not miraculously.

I'll update as the days go by :)

EDIT Apr 6
Note: adding bananas is a terrible idea, as it's lumpy and will only fall off. I should have squished better. Also, I did a plain yogurt mask, and the coolest, strangest thing - when I went to wash it off, the bridge of my nose where my glasses sit had a chunk of YELLOW yogurt on it, in high contrast to the rest of my face. I believe it 'sucked' the turmeric stain out of my glasses where it had gotten stained from previous masks. Very cool and unexpected. Other than that, this really does not seem to be doing much for my skin. My blemishes are the same [arrrggghhhh] inflamed and argh and showing no sign of letting up. Where the hell did they come from anyway ... okay tangent. Point being, seems this is good mask for those of you with already perfect skin. I'll keep trying, but I'm also going to have to keep looking :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

If I ever met the person who actually started this idea of a yogurt mask, I would run up to them and hug the crap out of them. This is the ULTIMATE cheapie skin saver. I have dry skin, and it's being kind of bipolar and crazy with breakouts at the moment, and I rarely break out. It's flaking off in patches and peeling as well. The only items in my skincare regime at the moment are this, my Clinique Acne Solutions Mask, and my St. Ives Green Tea cleanser and scrub (I use those in the morning, really only to use them as a wake-me-up).

My concoction of this mask is as follows:

~ 2 or 3 tablespoons of Chobani plain non-fat Greek Yogurt
~ a healthy dollop (I don't really measure it out) of Naturally Preferred Clove Honey, found in the nature section of my farmer's market

I've been trying to get in the habit of using this mask more frequently, because, well, that big tub of yogurt isn't going to last forever, and I'm not a fan of eating yogurt myself. I would recommend to try to drain any excess liquid from the yogurt before use. I usually apply this when I'm in the shower, as it can get quite messy. The key for me is to apply a generous amount, and I think 30-45 minutes is an adequate amount of time to let the mask really soak into your skin. After that 45-minute mark, I gently remove the mask with a washcloth, buffing the cloth in light circular motions. The results, in my case: my dull complexion is at least ten-folds brighter, my skin tone is COMPLETELY evened out, and all redness, and even discoloration under my eyes? Gone. The honey is a real lifesaver as a skin-softening agent. My guess is that if I wouldn't have incorporated honey into the mask, and just used the yogurt, my skin would have turned out more dry than I would have liked.
I generally like to apply the remainer of my portion size of the mask to my neck, elbows, shoulders, knees, and the result is just the same. Baby soft, radiant, smooth, supple skin. I don't think my skin has felt quite so soft in a while. I'm going to try to use this every night for this next week, and since I feel like it's already slightly shrunk and faded my pimples the tiniest bit from the past three times I've used it, I will update soon on its performance as far as that is concerned. But I can see myself using this for quite some time. I'm going all-natural on my skin and beauty regime from now on. I recommend anyone to try this out. Seriously, what have you got to lose? I truly think that yogurt is an unsung hero in skincare!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 6:18:00 AM More reviews by vangomango

I use this everyday at night.

My concoction mask:
A heaping spoonful of low-fat (any fat) yogurt.
2 tablespoons of honey
1 tablespoon of lemon juice (I use the one in the plastic yellow bottle)

Thick layer on the face and let it set for an hour.

After my skin is glowing, dewy, and looks so fresh.

I highly recommend this for any skin and remember, tailor your mask concoction to your skin's needs.

:-)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by southrnchic479

So, as another reviewer said - this is my skin saver. When my skin gets dull and flaky and just generally blah (almost always from drying acne fighting cleansers!) I use some greek yogurt and voila! it just smooths and soothes and hydrates. It's wonderful.

I recently tried the OCM and it just didn't work for me. So I did a 180 and started using the old standby 2% salicylic acid cleanser. And following up with some wayyyyy old Proactiv lotion that I stillll have lying around from back in the day (I know it's probably not the best thing to do, but believe me, it is still potent...). It ended up giving me chemical burns and also drying me out - but my skin is already freaking out so rather than putting some moisturizer on and risking more breakouts, I just decided to do a quick mask with the yogurt (I didn't let it get too dry/tight b/c my skin was already dry) and followed with almond oil as a moisturizer.

It feels so refreshing and hydrating and while my skin isn't perfect right now, it's definitely better than it was about 15 minutes ago. It definitely helps take away the dead skin and your skin just looks...brighter!

Definitely try this out! If you have a lactose allergy, I would suggest maybe testing it somewhere on your body (inside of wrist maybe?) as some people who can't eat it also find they can't use it topically either.

PS
This stuff lasts forever. I keep mine in the tub inside a tupperware. I've seriously had it for probably over a month and it's still going strong. No mold or anything crazy. Def wouldn't eat it though! Ew!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 6:39:00 AM More reviews by FrejaValentin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A cheap skin saver. Simple as that.
I apply on my face with fingers or q-tips - if I have enough time, I'll apply a light layer, let it dry, and apply a second with q-tips.
I use it alone or mix it with cucumber juice (great for pimples and skin redness), crushed aspirin (for blackheads and pimples) or honey (for dry skin).

Flawless, pale, milky skin every time, and major shrinking of any blemishes. Only downside is the messiness, but worth it for me.
I only wish I remembered to do this regularly.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No