April 20, 2014 | 982 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by simei89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE my yoghurt honey masks! I mix around 2 tablespoons of organic yoghurt with a generous squeeze of honey (amount of honey depends on how dry/flaky my skin is - the drier the skin, the greater the honey).

I have this bad habit of squeezing blackheads and whiteheads out of my nose (i feel tempted to do this everyday with my metal blackhead extractor). So, what happens is that my nose is usually left peeling and flaky which makes my nose area look extremely gross when I put foundation on). I find this mask to work wonders to help sooth out my skin! I seriously do not know how it does this but it leaves it all smooth and soft and I am left without flaky nose skin. Also, I have these tiny pimple like dots on the side of my cheeks which I have tried many products to erase. This mask has helped me reduce them heaps. However, I find myself experiencing tingly sensations when I put this mask on and the right side of check is permanently pink for some reason (happens when I don't put face cream on in winter) for at least 12 hours after I wash this mask off. But other than that, I love this mask so much simply because I have finally found something that's helping me get rid of my flaky skin around and on my nose. YAY! No cleansers or scrubs have helped me to achieve this yet. I am going to keep putting this mask on my face (hopefully at least twice or thrice a week).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by starsdotu

Unfortunately, this did not work well with my skin. I used it several times. At one moment I thought it might have brighten my skin, but I realized that it clogged my skin more than anything :( My skin felt congested with a bunch of white heads, which is a huge sign for me that my skin is not reacting nicely to the product. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by justoriana

Fantastic facial, honey and yogurt really works miracles, and nothing in it you can't eat. WARNING, however: recent studies show that 80% of the honey we buy now is "funny honey" from China, cut with (or mostly) high fructose corn syrup or worse - and relabeled to hide its origin. so you can't trust anything that you don't buy from your local beekeepers, co-op grocery or farmers market. Look it up!

12 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by SZQueue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing. I actually used plain (no honey) lowfat organic yogurt. I figured that because lactic acid is a very mild beta-hydroxy there would be absolutely no effect on the bumpiness I had on my chin for weeks but what the heck. Smooshed some on all over then towelled off with a microfiber cloth, smooshed more on and let it sit for about 20 minutes. Rinsed off and my bumps were gone and my skin felt amazing. I should note I'm a NON-fan of the aspirin mask and was totally skeptical of this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by BekkiOrmo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Due to a combination of stress, show/stage make-up and general spots, I finally decided that I needed a long term treatment that was fast to do, cheap and effective.
I came across the Greek yogurt and honey face mask and if I'm honest I was surprised as I eat this almost every day and had never thought to try it on my face! I knew there were health benefits from GY+H, but I never thought it could benefit my skin!
The first time I used the face mask I was apprehensive, as if it hadn't worked I would have wasted some of my deliciously healthy snack!
It is now safe to say that using this as a face mask was one of the best things I've ever done! When I first put the face mask on, it was really soothing and after about 5 minutes my face started to tingle.
I left the mask for about 20 minutes and then rinsed it off with warm water and gently patted my face dry. I was amazed with the results.
The only con to this was I realised I had prepared way too much of the face mask! If you do this too, eat it as it's really good for you! I still prepare the same amount as I get to have a snack while my mask is on! Even if I don't eat it all, I cover it and put it in my fridge for my next mask! :)

My Recipe (with spare to eat or save for the next mask!):

3 tablespoons of Natural Greek Yogurt
2 tablespoons of Honey

Simply mix together and dab on using cotton wool balls, layer it up until your face is completely covered! Oh, and you can use it around the eye area too as it's all natural, just don't go too close!

TIP: If you have a particular area which is a problem area, once you have rinsed your mask off, put some of the mask just on that area for some extra attention!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

I like to use this mask on occasion when i feel my skin needs a little pep. So i take a tub of yogurt (i buy the full fat organic yogurt from whole foods) interesting note** i read low-fat yogurt has more alpha hydroxy acid power which means more exfoliation which is what we want right? ill have to look into that. but anyway, i take the tub of yogurt and mix it around (since its full fat i let some of the watery junky gunk drain out and mix the rest together) then i take about 2-3 dollops of the stuff and put it into a bowl. a small bowl is fine, like the ones they give you for barbeque sauce at restaurants. then i take about 2 huge tablespoon dollops of organic raw honey and mix them together. after that i take a about a cup full of rolled oats (quaker oatmeal rolled oats if youre wondering, no need for fancy stuff as long as its flavor and additive free ) and i put it into the blender till it turns into this powder. i mix the powder into the mask and then put it on my face for about 25-30 minutes, depending on how long you can tolerate it. i take it off with a warm damp towel and continue with my night serum and oils/creams. ok ingredients, yougurt is supposed to be full of healthy bacteria and enzymes and lactic acid which is a mild, gentle form of an AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) which will safely exfoliate the most sensitive skin, unless youre allergic to any of the ingredients im sorry... :( but anyway, its supposed to add layers of hydration to the skin too. onto the honey, honey is supposed to be a natural humectant and an anti-bacterial source. so it can draw moisture to your skin while fighting some nasty bacteria you might not want on the skin, it also noticeably softens and brightens the face in accordance. maybe it has some whitening properties? not sure. You might notice in raw and organic honeys (Manuka Honey that is) that theyre labeled with an UMF label? like UMF 8 etc... it can go all the way up to like 20 or something... This is the measure of ANTI BACTERIA fighting property it has(it stands for Unique Manuka Factor), the higher the number, the better it is at bashing those baddies... and healing the skin lol It has to do with the flower it comes from in New Zealand, that it contains special enzymes to kill bacteria more than the hydrogen peroxide put in by bees. Yes there is Hydrogen Peroxide in honey !! So check your organic honeys for an UMF level. NOTE*** these honeys, although lovely, can get quite expensive... The most i've seen was an UMF Manuka Honey in a little 6oz jar retailing for nearly 50 dollars , so your wallet might not enjoy it.. if you CAN afford to spend on the more pricey honeys, by all means go for it ! it'll add to the potency of the mask. Lastly, oatmeal is supposed to be an anti-redness and a skin exfoliant, taking off the dead skin to reveal healthy newer skin. so in that sense oatmeal is great for skin brightening/lightening (in youre interested in that) and i grind the oatmeal small so it can penetrate into the skin and do its work rather than just sitting on the skin in huge rolled oat form. I want to to try adding niacinamide to my mask for further skin brightening. i also heard goat's milk yogurt was better for exfoliating. all in all this mask is (as you can tell) very customizable and very affordable, plus its natural since you know what youre putting on your skin.
Plain Yogurt and Honey makes a great snack, to:) you can eat it while your mask sets. Happy Masking!

13 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by justina2186

I have oily/dehydrated combination, sensitive, acne-prone skin. Last year I was put on a course of accutane, followed by tretinoin for the marks, but despite clearing up my face, my sensitive skin did not like tretinoin, and living in a tropical country means that I'm exposed to harmful UV rays and high humidity 365 days a year.

That is how I got started researching natural remedies for skin.

The first time I tried this was using Greek yogurt and boy was I pleased with the results!

The existing redness on my face had reduced and so had the appearance of pores around my cheeks. My face looked soft, glowy and hydrated. So I was super excited to try it out for a week to see how things go.

Unforunately I ran out of Greek yogurt the next day, so I substituted with Nestle plain yogurt that my mum had bought. I really think that the fat content makes a huge difference in moisturizing and plumping up the skin, because the regular yogurt (which was rather runny unlike creamy Greek yogurt) made my skin feel tight and waxy after rinsing it off.

Nevertheless, I continued using the yogurt mask for about 5 days.

Pros:
- Skin is brighter and more even toned
- Undereye circles are about 70% lighter (I kid you not)

Cons:
- Existing acne marks are smaller, BUT it has caused ALOT of small pimples (pustules) to emerge.
- No difference in pore size (Greek yogurt made a difference, but I only used it once, so this applies to regular yogurt)
- Blackheads appeared more pronounced (wth! I am very sad about this because I seem to be the exception among all the rave reviews that this mask has received :( )

I'm not sure if I'm experiencing a purging reaction because all the new zits on my face are existing clogged pores/old acne that weren't extracted.

I have stopped using the yogurt mask for two days to see if my skin calms down. Not much luck on that front :(

I may try the yogurt mask again with Greek yogurt, but right now I am trying to calm my face down with oatmeal.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 7:57:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Truth: after washing this off, met hubz to watch tv. First thing he said (and he doesnt normally make such remarks): do u hav foundation? (he knows what it is cuz his mom is always telling me to buy an expensive one from lancome). Me: no. Him: ur skin looks beautiful!
Side note: i blend lemon juice, pinch of turmeric and some flour to help mask adhere better.

9 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by sauwen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used Choban greek yogurt for my mask. The first time I put it on, the cooling sensation was such a good feeling. I also do think using greek yogurt is a lot easier to apply on as compared to other yogurts. The mask dries in about 20-30 minutes, depending on how thick your application is. After washing the yogurt off with warm water, I am so pleasantly amazed to find my skin so super smooth and some of my redness and blotchiness is gone as well. This facial mask is definitely a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by galaxyzenith

I have been looking for some natural mask for months, since I discovered most of the big brand's products are full of chemicasl which actual harmful for skin, like paraben and silicone.

Thank god that I found this forum!!! I have been trying plain fat free greek yogurt for almost a week now, apply every other night. It soften and brighten my skin, and last night I found it tighten my pores as well. But you have to try a couple times to see the result, so far it works well on me. :)