December 22, 2014 | 1763 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 7:15:00 AM More reviews by shereenmohsen

this mask works for every one except me
every time I use it I found my normal skin oily & after it dries
on my skin I found I dry flakes which it difficult to remove
also do not like the smell

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 6:25:00 AM More reviews by ShannonEmily123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

To anyone reading this review,you have to try this! It is a dirt cheap miracle!

After reading countless remedies to reduce my facial redness and minimal scarring on my nose,cheeks and chin i came across this yogurt mask. I also needed a moisturizing mask after over washing my face which left my usually oily skin dry,red and sore. At first i didn't think much of this; a cheap mask with sour smelling yogurt? No thanks. But i was desperate,so i went out and bought a tub of Onken Natural Yogurt (no artificial colors,preservatives or flavors)

First putting it on was very unpleasant. It stung my dry,sore face but after 5 minutes the stinging went away. I left on for 45 minutes then washed off with lukewarm water. The results wasn't dramatic,it had reduced my redness,but only temporarily. It did leave my face glowing though,and left my face a little moisturized.

I woke up and an existing spot i had had reduced so much,but a new one had formed! A big red angry one. I was so dissapointed but i did try again. I washed it off and the redness had gone,the next morning my skin tone was so even and scarring had faded so much! It is making me come out in spots though,but i suspect it is because i had already had clogged pores,it was just cleaning them out therefore forming spots.

it is such a miracle mask,try it and if it doesn't work for you,your not exactly breaking the bank!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by dietgrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just did my first yogurt mask today using just plain non-fat yogurt and left it on for about 30 minutes because I was afraid this wasn't going to be strong. Boy was I wrong!

After washing it off, my face was bright red, which is pretty siginifcant since I have tan Indian skin. My face occasionally turns slightly pink in some areas if I leave an AHA peel on for a bit too long, but this time I went *red* and on parts of my face that normally never turn pink. My face does not feel raw or overstripped, though, and it never stung while it was on.

tl;dr: The Lactic Acid in here is potent, so watch the timing and don't do this if you plan on going out afterward. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by jooelze

This is the best treatment I have found for my acne and I have been on several prescription medications for acne including differin. You need to make sure you buy full fat yogurt, which can be hard to find (Organic and health food stores are more likely to have it). I use the brand Greek Gods. You have to rub it into your face for about a minute and then let it sit for about ten minutes and then wash it off. don't leave it on for too long (more than 30 minutes or so) you will cause facial redness.
Best acne treatment ever. So much better than anything you will ever find in a tube at the drug store. And trust me, I have tried them all.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by lcoffta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am writing this not as a review, but as more of a disclaimer on the yogurt mask. First and foremost, this is nothing short of a miracle for sensitive skin. It exfoliates, it lightens, it brightens, and it tightens (didn't intend for that rhyming there, haha). While preeeetty much all chemical products that exfoliate are too harsh for my skin, the lactic acid in yogurt is absolutely perfect. Now, here's when the issue comes in-- a LOT of people on here only complain about yogurt because it makes them "break out." It isn't making you break out, it is making you PURGE. I know, I know. I never believed it either. But think about it-- people that use face masks and DON'T break out are the ones with perfect skin anyways. People with trouble skin and clogged pores to begin with are the people that break out after using clay masks, scrubs, and the like. Why? BECAUSE THEIR SKIN IS CLOGGED. When you exfoliate, you uncover the layer of skin over your pores/pimples and expose it to the air, making it more visible and/or the clog come to the surface. I know this because I was there. I tried yogurt for a week, and loved how soft my skin was and how the clear parts glowed. However, I got a few pimples, and some existing ones seemed to get a bit more inflamed. After a week or so, I gave up. Enough, right? No. I didn't exfoliate at all after that. My skin was dry and flaky because I hadn't exfoliated EVER except on patches with a washcloth. I was too scared! Within that time though, my face was clearing up really nicely because I was only washing once a day with honey (a whole different story) and my pores weren't nearly as clogged and open. I came back to the yogurt. Guess what? My skin is THE CLEAREST IT HAS BEEN SINCE HIGH SCHOOL. I am 25. Yogurt has exfoliated gently, softened my skin, lightened my scars, firmed my skin, and has cleared up ANY EXISTING CLOGGED PORES I had because I let it work. Thankfully I didn't have many, so it wasn't a big deal. Even if you do, and you find yourself getting "pimples" from yogurt, they were already there. It is a sign that your skin is renewing itself and getting rid of all the crap that still sits in your pores. Don't give up on yogurt because you have a few new crop up. Give it a genuine 2-3 weeks and I guarantee you'll see results! This product could easily have a 4.8 if it weren't for those who gave up too soon!

34 out of 38 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by aligator

I love this face mask!!! I normally eat plain Greek yogurt anyways so this mask is just another way for me to use it. If you are breaking out from this mask, try using ORGANIC Greek yogurt. The hormones in regular yogurt are horrible for your skin and body! I use FAGE 2% Greek Yogurt. You can buy it at Safeway, Whole Foods or pretty much any big chain supermarket. I use a big spoonful of this yogurt straight from the fridge and smear a thick creamy layer onto my face and neck. 20 minutes later, I wash it off with warm water and my skin looks plump and glowy! Yes, it smells gross and can be strong at times but it's definitely worth it! Not to mention how cheap it is! I will use this face mask forever! I think this mask would also be good for a sunburn because it cools down the temperature of your skin.. Try it!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by cutekiwi57

I used Chobani plain Greek yogurt as a face mask. Initial reaction: Wow, it feels SO great on your face! The cool smooth creaminess is delightful. The smell is not so great, but definitely bearable. (Smells like sour- sour cream). I kept it on about 20 min or until it started to dry/crack a little. Then rinsed off with warm water. My face did seem to have a dewy glow, and it felt as though a thin film was left behind. I put my usual face moisturizer on afterwards. The next morning: dewy glow still there. I loved the results so much I started using it every day. After about a week I began breaking out in places that have been under control for years. :( I dropped it from the regimen, but may experiment by doing it less frequently &/or mixing it with honey or oatmeal as others have suggested to see if that makes a difference!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by linkadabb

I've only started using yogurt as a mask last night. The reason why i turned to yogurt was i irritated my skin from using lemon juice diluted with water /it works, i think i overdid, it diminishes acne scars! I have very sensitive acne prone skin/ so my said why don't you put that and leave it overnight I did as I she told. My face was stinging before I put yogurt on, but after I put it on , stinginess was gone. And I feel all those little bumps were gone and my skin was smooth. This morning i woke up early got in the shower washed my face with lukewarm water /i'm not using any cleanser/ I've only used this once so i'm not expecting huge results overnight, as I washed my face some bumps/dry patches were still there but it was getting better /i haven't noticed the brightening effect yet/. Now I'm at work and my face is stinging i know its getting very dry due to overdose of lemon juice, I will keep using yogurt mask every night for a week and see if my skin gets better/glowing without any bumps or redness. I'll only leave it on for 30mins and apply moisturizer afterwards as my face is so dry these days. And I'll update you guys!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by lxGossipGirlxl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This totally saved my skin!
I have super sensitive, combination skin that is red when irritated
I used nonfat, natural plain greek yogurt and it is amazing.
I just put it on my face for about 5 minutes and then my skin is left feeling hydrated, clean, and very fresh.
It took away all my redness and this is a great cheap, accessible item for your skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by girlygirl15

greek yogurt= amazing
once time, i used normal yogurt when i ran out of greek... baaaad idea. it smelled weird and didnt really do much. greek yogurt's the bomb.