October 25, 2014 | 1350 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Fabulous!! I only need a very light dusting to get perfect highlighted cheeks! Very subtle gorgeous gold colour. It's a must!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by totoro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a stunning and unique highlighter. In the pan it appears as a slightly golden-yellow off-white color, but on the skin the color disappears and leaves a subtle sheen. Its texture is finer and more invisible on than most other highlighters. The only other one I find comparable is Lorac's "Perfectly Lit", and I like Albatross better. Perfectly Lit is more of a light translucent beige color; it also has a very finely milled texture and looks beautiful and natural on. But the glow it gives when applied just doesn't quite inspire the awe that Albatross does, not to mention that it requires a more skilled application with the right brush (I need to use a stippling brush with that one or it's too concentrated). Albatross is more foolproof and faster; I can get results in a hurry with any brush (as another reviewer said) and even with a sloppy application. It's glowy from within rather than shimmery or glittery. ELF makes a nice dupe for this, and I have that one, but since I got Albatross I don't reach for it much anymore. It is quite nice and is good for travel because it's more replaceable if it breaks, but I prefer Albatross when I want to look extra radiant. (Though I can say that the ELF one is a good dupe if you're on a budget) Like all Nars' products, this is expensive (price is the same as blushes), but I consider it a worthy splurge.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by bionicbigjames

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am extremely picky when it comes to highlighters. I find that most are way too shimmery or glittery. When I stumbled across NARS Albatross at Sephora, I was quite shocked to find how much I loved it. Now, it is a staple in my daily beauty routine. It gives my skin such a nice sheen. No shimmer and no glitter, thank goodness! This is finely milled and a tiny bit goes a long way. Tapping the excess off your brush and applying with a light hand is a definite necessity. I apply it along the top of my cheekbones and sometimes on my temples, the bridge of my nose and the center of my chin as well. I find that it looks best on me when I have a tan or when I fake it with bronzing powder. I absolutely love the packaging: a sleek, black rectangular compact that I'm sure most NARS lovers are familiar with. I paid $28 for this at Sephora. A little pricey, but worth it, IMO. You get 0.16 oz. of product, but since a little goes a long way, this will definitely last you a long while. I will definitely purchase this again and again. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict96

Based on all the great reviews, I was disappointed. It seems to be very popular, but it looked terrible on me. I used benefit high beam, but I wanted a powder formula, and so based on the reviews here, I bought it.
I have NW10/15, and this is so unbelievably gold! It's white in the pan..what the hell happened? When you put more on, it turns into a sickly yellow. It doesns't look natural at all! I want a highlighter that subtly highlights, this did no such thing. It was so shimmery, it was on the verge of being sparkly. It was kind of expensive too. Such a let down. I threw it out and I won't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 1:25:00 AM More reviews by bailokaye

Such a beautiful highlighter for above the cheekbones and on the inner corners of eyes. Just a pretty shimmery (not glittery) finely milled gold highlight. Can look chalky if you have dry patches of skin but otherwise not chalky at all. Very little product is needed to achieve a nice glow with this. Looks natural and not overdone. Expensive but totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by catherine2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This is a-mazing! I love the fact that it dances with light, making you glow in all the right places. I love the fact that it contains no chunks of glitter, but is full of luminosity. But, what I love about it most? The fact that every time I wear Albatross I look like I've fallen from the heavens.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by zofiaarodriguez

This highlighter is amazing, it is definitely my holy grail! I use i on my eyes too so even if it is a bit expensive it's worth it. This is a staple product that i LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I went into Sephora and asked the sales girl for recommendations for a highlighter. She was excellent and took me around the store swatching highlighters from several brands. The Nars Albatross blew everything else out of the water. So many highlighters rely on sparkle and glitter. The Nars just had the loveliest, natural sheen. So subtle. She said she actually purchased several for herself in case they ever discontinue it. I absolutely love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 3:35:00 AM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I read that this is like the pressed version of MAC's vanilla pigment, which is exactly what I was looking for. I found it much more yellow on my skin rather than giving a golden sheen. It was too dark for me-I'm NC15. I think on darker skin tones this would be lovely, but one me not so much. And it altered the colors of my blushes too. Not very attractive on my pinkish very very fair skin. If you are NC 15 or lighter, get MAC vanilla pigment instead. It's gorgeous, this will be too yellow and dark.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by ivanabacowboy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love most things NARS, and Albatross is no exception. It is a fine white powder blush with a very slight gold shimmer meant to be used as a highlighter. I get compliments every time I wear it! And as with most things in the NARS blush world, a little goes a long way. Apply lightly and build if necessary-you are going for an "illuminated glow/shimmer" with this product if applied correctly. Using too heavy a hand will be closer to "look a glitterbomb just exploded in my face". Absolutely stunning if worn correctly.