BeneFit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.1

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A truly terrible product! oil free yet greasy feel on skin. coverage = 0. Product ran out for me in 3 weeks. So an expensive product in that respect. I love the retro packaging but if your looking for a quality product, don't part with your pennies on this one.

I will not be repurchasing x

on 12/6/2011 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I brought this product today, i love the finishing off this foundation and it feels very light for my skin. I usually wear no make up or minimal, so this is perfect just to make my skin look a little more smooth and to even out skin tone. I would buy this product again nice work Benefit ^^

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product about a year ago when I had bad acne thinking that the creamy consistancy would cover up all of my blemishes. I used to applicator it came with and I was very disappointed.Since then, my skin has cleared up, so I tried using this foundation the other day and haven't stopped using it since. Instead, I used a stippling brush and stippled it all over my face, concentrating the product on any scarring and I loved the finish.

I was really suprised to see reviews saying it wasn't at all for dry skin. When I use it, my face does wind up feeling like a greaseball when normally it doesn't, so I have to make sure that I set it with powder. For me, it leaves a really natural, dewy finish. The only problem is that it doesn't adjust to my skin color as the claimed. It stayed about a shade darker than my skin and as it oxidizes it seems to darken a bit more, so I have to follow the foundation down my neck as well.

Overall, I probably would get it again if my skin stays clear and doesn't need much coverage.

on 11/15/2011 8:50:00 PM

I just brought this in travel size for 9 dollars at Sephora. I think it would be a good product if you have oily skin type. For my dry/combination skin, it really helps hiding my big pores on my T-zone, but it also caused my skin to flake in my cheeks and it stuck to the lines under my eyes. So, I would not buy it again.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I tried experimenting with this a few times but I wouldn't recommend it for people with dry/combination skin. I think if you have perfect skin it will work really well evening out the color of your skin. But if you have redness, acne, or blemishes, this foundation will have little coverage and you'll end up using a lot of concealer to attempt a perfect face. It goes on smooth, but ends up caking and drying quickly. I guess it's good on the go or if you're planning to stay the night somewhere and aren't taking a makeup bag with you. Good for touch-ups, not as a foundation.

on 10/20/2011 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really enjoy using this product. Granted, it's very light coverage and my skin needs a little more so I do use a powder over it (Merle Norman Luxiva Powder Foundation). But, it's a great base and smoother. That's really what I love about Benefit products, in general. They can help you fake it even if you're having some skin issues (dryness, splotchiness, redness, etc). This is a great smoother, but not a standalone for me. I still really like it.

on 10/18/2011 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Incredible! I know it's a foundation faker, but this works great as a concealer too! I keep this in my purse at all times because it's great as an all in one, concealer/foundation/powder :)

on 10/9/2011 6:41:00 PM

I was really hoping that this product would be great as the Benefit makeup adviser was raving about it as she applied it to my face. I told her my concerns about wanting a foundation that was long lasting as I have very oily skin as most foundations slide off my skin by lunch time. She assured me that this product was for me and oh how dissapointed I was! Not even an hour after she applied it my face was looking horrible. It looked like the foundation had oxidised as my face had a very nasty tinge of orange to it. My face was incredibly oily and all my pores exposed. I had to wash this off my face staight away! Like with most of the Benefit products I find, this is definitely nothing special. Such a shame as the packaging is so cute!

on 10/7/2011 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

First of all, I truly thought this product was a concealer and not a foundation. Oops! That said, I'm writing this as a review of this Some Kind-A-Gorgeous as a concealer so here goes:

This is one of those products that I purchased while on the line to pay for other products at Sephora. Those little items for ten dollars and under--well, I'm a sucker for them! Anyway, I had purchased this thinking it was a concealer. It went into my stash of products and was left unnoticed and forgotten........
Now that the Fall is here and I've changed up my makeup in anticipation of cold weather--you know...replacing powders with creams--blah, blah, blah....I re-discovered this! Normally, I had been using BE's. "Well-Rested" as a concealer, but now that it is dry skin season, I've gotta put the powder away till next Spring.
My erase paste is hitting pan so I figured I would try Some Kind A Gorgeous out. WOW!! I was impressed. Those bluish areas in the corner of my inner eye--right next to my nose are gone. Covered! Viola!
Sweet. I'm happy. I did not give this five lipsticks b/c I truly did not realize it was a foundation so that is minus a lipstick for me.
The price was ok on this b/c I got it for $10.00, however, the regular price is not so cheap, but then again, a little goes a long way. Packaging is very good. I did state that I would repurchase--I'll tell you it will be between this and Erase paste and this may win out b/c it isn't as thick as EP. We'll see.
I do recommend this as a concealer because it does conceal very well and it goes on nice and creamy without dissappearing.
Nice product!

Terrible. It made my skin so greasey looking and it didn't spread nice on my skin. Don't use the sponge it comes with. When I finally got it to apply decently...it made me pores super noticable. Not my cup of tea. This product is stupid. ha

Popular Crème Foundations