L'Artisan Fragrances Vanilia [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

on 2/27/2003 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Just didn't work for me. Although I agree that it doesn't have a strong vanilla smell, it is still too heavy and sweet for me. Definitely in the exotic spicy category, not a foody category at all. I really like pure vanilla smell (which is also sweet but in a different way), but not this.

on 2/23/2003 11:34:00 AM

The first time I tried this fragrance, I was in Barney's and the salesperson mentioned that she knew I would love it and that it was a little spicy. I didn't believe her, because I usually don't care for spicy scents, but let her spray it on me anyway and left the store. As I walked around with this fragrance on, I couldn't stop smelling my wrist. It's the most fantastic warm spicy vanilla scent ever. I loved the amber notes in it as well. I wound up returning, and buying a bottle. It's been one of my favorite spicy vanilla scents for the past 4 years! Btw, I also love sweet vanilla fragrances (like CSP), but this one is nice for variety.

on 2/19/2003 1:26:00 PM

I think this is a beautiful, delicious fragrance. Slightly sweet but not foody, a little smokey and spicy, very different. Strangely enough, I didn't like this that much at first sniff. But then I tried it again and wore it on all pulse points to give it a fair try. Yum! Now I can't wait to purchase a full sized bottle!

on 2/13/2003 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this Vanilia fragrance, it's BEAUTIFUL. Not sickeningly sweet as some Vanilla fragrances. This perfume is spicy, sweet, and soft. It's a very very pretty fragrance, and I love it, just HAVE to have it. I received this as a sample from Aedes, and know that the sample is not going to last very long.

on 2/13/2003 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

on 2/3/2003 6:41:00 PM

A sample of this sat unassumingly on my dresser for several months because I smelled it from the vial and I could barely detect any scent at all. Besides, I had just received about 30 other samples to try so this one just sat there. Well, I just put it on the other day and I love this! At first, it smelled exactly like Love's Baby Soft- a nice, expensive Love's Baby Soft! As I wore it, the scent continued to evolve into a wonderful, warm floral scent of vanilla. Not syrupy at all. I guess it is the actual vanilla orchid I am detecting. This is the only L'Artisan fragrance I have worn that lasts more than an hour on me. I definately want a full bottle!

on 1/10/2003 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Unlike all other Vanilla frag. I have tried. NOt to sweet, or overbearing. Faintly vanilla-lovely sensual dry down. On me, "just right" -like Baby Bear's soup.
An added bonus-my significant other loves it! TRY before you buy. This is a pricey one.

on 1/10/2003 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Not your usual vanilla, that's for sure. It's more of a smokey floral-vanilla, although I detect a bit of fruitiness in the very final drydown. Interesting. At first the smokeyness really seems to occlude the sweetness of the vanilla... the smokey quiality seems to last to the final drydown, but seems to come and go in intensity. There is no sweet, caramel-like naunce to this vanilla... it is almost muted. The floral notes seem to come in as a middle note, giving a freshness to the fragrance, since the smokey quality is a bit overbearing. Finally at the base, the smokey qaulity is just a nuance, and the fruity note and the softened vanilla are what predominates. Not my favorite, but I can see how this can work with a lot of other fragrances, and due to its complexity, I give it a 4.
update: what was I thinking? This is the most versatile scent... I layer this scent with just about everything, and it's so wonderful! Gives such a wonderful nuance to simpler scents. Wonderful! continued >>

on 1/3/2003 3:13:00 PM

I go back and forth on this one. I generally find a lot of vanilla to be too sweet for me and therefore avoid it. Every once in a while, one that is different and a little less foody comes along and I fall for it (ex. Casmir, Ylang Vanille). This one is better than most. It's a little smoky and spicy and has some floral notes blended in. It's less of a pure food scent and more like a perfume. Still, something about it just doesn't grab me enough to get me truly excited about it.

on 12/13/2002 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Next to Tea for Two, this is my favorite L'Artisan fragrance. It's not a sickly sweet vanilla, a la CSP, but very smoky, soft and comforting. The scent stays close to your body and does not overpower the wearer or anyone around. The smell reminds me of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, which is odd, because there are no chocolate notes.