July 23, 2014 | 1299 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Cover-Up

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 4:22:00 AM More reviews by ssoopphhi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is good. I wouldn't say that its brilliant, however it is by know means awful.
I am 14 year old teen with very oily skin, I found that this concealer slipped off my face within 2-3 hours (just like my MAC select SPF 15 foundation). By the end of the day it was like I wasn't even wearing concealer, if anything it aggravated my pimples.

If your wondering why I gave this a 4 its because there are still many pros-
1. Fantastic package (the tube is perfect)
2. Although the 10ml tube may seem small, there is so much concealer for $32. Only the smallest amount is needed.
3. The texture is really nice and creamy
4. It is very easy to use and blends right in to the skin.

If you are very lucky and have non oily/greasy/dry skin this product would be perfect! However if you have oily/very oily skin I would not recommend this. If you have used the MAC select SPF 15 foundation and found it awful, this concealer is sort of similar to that foundation. I wouldn't buy this product again as I like to mix things up and I am still looking for the perfect concealer. I am changing my foundation to clinique in a day or two and perhaps with a change of foundation this concealer will be brilliant- if it is I will be sure to let you guys know!
Ciao gals!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by cchughes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great concealer! This matches my skin perfectly and blends in easily. It covers both my under eye circles and blemishes very well. You also get alot of product in the tube. Despite the high price, I will repurchase since it is so amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 6:36:00 AM More reviews by swirlyloon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I dont get all the negativity about this concealer, this is absolutely one of the BEST concealers i've ever tried! I'm actually a NW20, But I got the wrong shade, NC20 which is wayy yellow tone and wayy too light for me, I end up having a ghastly white eye.
So then I went back to MAC and got the NW20, worked phenomenal.
I dont have much to cover, just dark circles due to hard working IGCSE's, I haven't been getting enough sleep, and this concealer makes everyone feel like i've had tones of sleep when I actually haven't! :3
This contains 10ml and it will last you for a long time guys.. it's so pigmented, it blends wonderfully.. like mousse.

just wonderful. get it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by daisylonglegs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This didn't work for me though the consistency is good, it slipped off within an hour
Expensive for a product that dosent work.
I thing Mac are great for lips but nothing else!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2011 4:47:00 AM More reviews by chabbycheeks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It doesn't stay put! I like that it's blendable but it doesn't cover my dark circles.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by samuellewis

I give this 5 as it does exactly what it says, covers up select areas, sits on foundation well, and covers blemishes and sorts. Can sometimes go slightly cakey if you overly apply but that's my own fault for applying too much :-) another triumph for mac

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by nobby11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was really shocked by the number of not so great reviews on here that I had to read on to try and understand what everybody else thought was so bad about this concealer. I've finally decided it comes down to what specific area you want to conceal, that mostly determins if this is a winner or not.

I have to say I love this product. I think it works like magic but then again I use it for the small reddish scars that I have on my face left over from bouts of bad skin days, not for under eye darkness.

I remember the first time I tried this in store on a small scar on my cheek and my boyfriend was like get it it works! I didn't need anymore persuading after that! Since then I have found it to be very close to what it claims. Texture free, virtually invisible, erases spots, evens-out skin tones. Makes skin flaw-free. Also the colour matching is like nothing I've found with other brands before. I can literally apply the smallest amount on my scars and redness and it all dissapears. Due to the slightly watery consistency, not creamy, it dries more matt than most.

This is great for blemishes and scarring etc but I understand why those who have bought it for under eyes struggle with it. Others have mentioned that it doesn't last. I don't find this. My skin is oiler rather than dry and this concealer, being so matt works brillaintly not to budge during the day. I also find it's very buildable (as most mac products are) so for a particularly red or dark area I just layer. Being close to textureless means it hides without looking thick and 'slapped on'.

I believe this product is aimed at skin imperfections rather than under eye concealing. There are by far better mac choices out there if you are looking for something to brighten up under the eyes. One quick handy tip and I've read it on here before - pick an NC shade if you are hiding redness or scars.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 8:24:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

I'm sorry, but this cakes sometimes, and creates fine lines on me, a wrinkle-less person right now... i use VERY little, and it covers well, but looks fake, if you get what i mean. the colour match is perfect, btw.
What I mean is, it's moody...some days, it IS good. Other days, maybe it's due to the temperature not being optimal for it, it is HORRID(!), like the nursery rhyme about the girl with the curl.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by zhoo

It's ok. I can work with it. I use it for the undereye area mainly since I'm relatively blemish-free otherwise.The trick for me is to use a tiny amount and press it into the skin with a finger - as throughly and vigorously as possible. Then wait until it's dry, perhaps a minute or so. Try no to use your mimic musculature while it's drying otherwise it's gonna settle into the lines and will make you look several years older.

Staying power - average.
Coverage - sufficient for me but relatively sheer. The SA at a local MAC layered it onto my face with a brush - that trick covered up everything, however it started creasing very soon. I think less is better with this concealer.

Can be used as an eyelid primer.
A generous amount in the tube.

Overall - average. I'll use it up but won't repurchase. My L'Oreal mineral powdered concealer has better coverage and a better staying power. And it's way cheaper, too.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Brunette4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Not the best concealer, so I use mine as an eyelid primer...... Amazing!
I will repurchase for that use only