September 20, 2014 | 1881 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Burt's Bees - Radiance Eye Cream with Royal Jelly

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2007 11:57:00 AM More reviews by asaksa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Based on all the reviews, I found this in my local CVS. Only at night. . . too heavy for daytime use. I will use it as a previous reviewer reccomended: " stop using it and come back to it again" The fragance is bothering my eyes a little. Other than moisture, I don't see much change.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2007 4:14:00 PM More reviews by RedandGray

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product does have a light fragrance, but it's not too noxious. Too heavy for daytime use, but great as a night-time eye cream, or for those indoor mani-pedi-facial girly afternoons.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2007 2:58:00 PM More reviews by ksbkd00

It provides a good hydration but I don't think it does anything for dark circles or fine lines under eyes. I use this at night but it is somewhat heavy to use in daytime (I have oily skin). For my dark circles, nothing works better than a good sleep. So I will finish this but I am not sure of repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2007 10:08:00 PM More reviews by applecore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I noticed a slight difference within 2 days - my under eye area was a little more firm and lines were less pronounced. However, I saw no more improvement after that. Worst, after a couple weeks it started to irritate my skin badly, leaving red bumps which I've never had under my eyes. I immediately stopped using and it went away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2007 6:52:00 PM More reviews by charchy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just bought my second bottle. The benefits I see from this one are it tightens eye bags and at the same time it has a long lasting hydrating power thruout the day. I just wanna give some suggestion about how to use it:
(1), put a thick layer under eye area, you will find it is hard for the skin to absorb at all which shows a thick layer of white cream sitting on the skin--don't give up, rub very lightly back and forth--then you notice the white cream goes away a little bit, keep rubbing or tapping using ring fingers for 1 minute until it completely sinks in. I know it is time-consuming, but I think it is the way to work the best. The point is the skin can absorb a lot without a problem. I heard from some gals that this eye cream irrates in the beginning uses---it didn't happen to me; so be carefull. Maybe it is just a hit or miss.
(2) I notice it won't keep up the good "work" after 4 weeks of continous use. So I stop using it and come back to it again. Because the huge amount I apply everytime, I actually can finish the whole bottle in about two months.
Good luck!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2007 5:34:00 PM More reviews by briaberger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

(posting this comment on makeupalley.com and drugstore.com)

I recently bought this online. The container is absolutely TINY! Fortunately, all the product you need is in the lid. This serum spreads so thin and smooth that the tiniest drops work extremely well to moisturize the eye area.

I put a tiny dollop on each eye (lids, underneath, and where crow's feet appear) every night. I find it a little too liquidy for day. (I'm 17 so I don't have wrinkles, but I'm trying to avoid them!)

I've found that after using this product every night for a couple weeks, my undereye circles have diminished slightly and my eyelids hold eyeshadow better.

Plus tons of points for Burt's Bee's line-love the naturalness of the products and recycled packaging!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2007 9:53:00 AM More reviews by lucyli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the repair serum better than this. And the fragrance bothers me too -- even though fragrances don't usually bother me. Only okay.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2006 7:41:00 PM More reviews by pinkdandelion64

I was surprised by how light this was as I was so used to using the other Royal Eye Jelly that was so thick. I love everything about the Radiance one and would buy it again for sure. I think however, the Radiance would be a better choice for the summer, and the old Royal Eye Jelly for the winter months. Just a thought.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2006 2:44:00 PM More reviews by oilyface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this at cvs for $14.99. It is a small pot. I would like to see this in a tube because it is more sanitary. It did not absorb well into my skin and when I patted it it was thick. So I had to rub it so I would not leave too much on and it appeared to have too much slip to it. The smell for me was okay. For me this is expensive for something that I don't particually care for. I way like the Burts Bees repair serum a lot better. This also made my undereye area seem dry ( probably because it wasn't getting absorbed!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2006 12:34:00 AM More reviews by yoganurse

Very nice, inexpensive eye cream. The other burt's bees eye treatment left my eye area a little bit shiny but this soaks right in. Haven't done any major tests on it yet (you know, one eye with this, other eye something else) but I probably will at some point.