Burt's Bees Radiance Eye Cream with Royal Jelly

3.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, sesame seed oil, stearic acid (vegetable fat), kaolin, glucose (sugar), royal jelly powder, comfrey leaf extract, cucumber extract, eyebright extract, chamomile extract, rosehips extract, with hazel extract, lecithin, mica, natural borax, xanthan gum, orange oil, lemon oil, ylang ylang oil, sucrose stearate & distearate (sugar emulsifiers), fragrance, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural preservative).

on 12/12/2007 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a great eye cream. Works well in keeping my skin moisturized and fades the little lines a bit. Melts into skin almost immediately. The scent is wonderful (!) and though it's a bit strong at first it does, thankfully, fade. Love the fact that it's not full of chemicals and the list of ingredients is recognizable and short. My only big complaint is that it comes in a screw top jar. Very unsanitary and I think BB's should go back to the drawing board and create an air tight pump dispenser. Other than that it's a great eye cream and will happily purchase again! EDIT 3/31/08 Found out that Burt's Bees was bought by Clorox, yes the company that makes bleach, last Fall. This is very upsetting to me. Will have to keep an eye on the ingredient lists now. Wonder how long till the good thing BB's has going will be mucked up if it hasn't already. : ( EDIT 8/14/08 This is still a great cream except for two things. Using a bit more than a thin application causes my skin to get puffy. Also using more than an thin application has given me a milia spot and I have no idea how to get rid of that. As soon as I'm done with this jar I won't buy this product again. Waiting on a bottle of Aubrey's Lumessence eye cream and will see how that works since I don't want to continue to buy from BB's since they're now owned by Clorox who bought BB's to tap into the current whole green trend. Knocking this down to three stars instead of my original four given.

on 12/5/2007 11:06:00 AM

I bought this product because it contains Royal Jelly (great for the skin) and I was very pleased with the results. The product is light and has a pleasant fragrance. It moisturizes very well at an affordable price. I shared the product with my mom who is almost 60 years old and wrinkle free. This product really keeps the skin around the eyes smooth.

on 10/16/2007 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Based on all the reviews, I found this in my local CVS. Only at night. . . too heavy for daytime use. I will use it as a previous reviewer reccomended: " stop using it and come back to it again" The fragance is bothering my eyes a little. Other than moisture, I don't see much change.

on 9/24/2007 4:14:00 PM

This product does have a light fragrance, but it's not too noxious. Too heavy for daytime use, but great as a night-time eye cream, or for those indoor mani-pedi-facial girly afternoons.

on 9/18/2007 2:58:00 PM

It provides a good hydration but I don't think it does anything for dark circles or fine lines under eyes. I use this at night but it is somewhat heavy to use in daytime (I have oily skin). For my dark circles, nothing works better than a good sleep. So I will finish this but I am not sure of repurchase.

on 8/12/2007 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I noticed a slight difference within 2 days - my under eye area was a little more firm and lines were less pronounced. However, I saw no more improvement after that. Worst, after a couple weeks it started to irritate my skin badly, leaving red bumps which I've never had under my eyes. I immediately stopped using and it went away.

on 6/12/2007 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I just bought my second bottle. The benefits I see from this one are it tightens eye bags and at the same time it has a long lasting hydrating power thruout the day. I just wanna give some suggestion about how to use it:
(1), put a thick layer under eye area, you will find it is hard for the skin to absorb at all which shows a thick layer of white cream sitting on the skin--don't give up, rub very lightly back and forth--then you notice the white cream goes away a little bit, keep rubbing or tapping using ring fingers for 1 minute until it completely sinks in. I know it is time-consuming, but I think it is the way to work the best. The point is the skin can absorb a lot without a problem. I heard from some gals that this eye cream irrates in the beginning uses---it didn't happen to me; so be carefull. Maybe it is just a hit or miss.
(2) I notice it won't keep up the good "work" after 4 weeks of continous use. So I stop using it and come back to it again. Because the huge amount I apply everytime, I actually can finish the whole bottle in about two months.
Good luck!

on 5/22/2007 5:34:00 PM

(posting this comment on makeupalley.com and drugstore.com)

I recently bought this online. The container is absolutely TINY! Fortunately, all the product you need is in the lid. This serum spreads so thin and smooth that the tiniest drops work extremely well to moisturize the eye area.

I put a tiny dollop on each eye (lids, underneath, and where crow's feet appear) every night. I find it a little too liquidy for day. (I'm 17 so I don't have wrinkles, but I'm trying to avoid them!)

I've found that after using this product every night for a couple weeks, my undereye circles have diminished slightly and my eyelids hold eyeshadow better.

Plus tons of points for Burt's Bee's line-love the naturalness of the products and recycled packaging!

on 4/21/2007 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like the repair serum better than this. And the fragrance bothers me too -- even though fragrances don't usually bother me. Only okay.

I was surprised by how light this was as I was so used to using the other Royal Eye Jelly that was so thick. I love everything about the Radiance one and would buy it again for sure. I think however, the Radiance would be a better choice for the summer, and the old Royal Eye Jelly for the winter months. Just a thought.