Burt's Bees Radiance Eye Cream with Royal Jelly

3.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, sesame seed oil, stearic acid (vegetable fat), kaolin, glucose (sugar), royal jelly powder, comfrey leaf extract, cucumber extract, eyebright extract, chamomile extract, rosehips extract, with hazel extract, lecithin, mica, natural borax, xanthan gum, orange oil, lemon oil, ylang ylang oil, sucrose stearate & distearate (sugar emulsifiers), fragrance, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural preservative).

This eye cream is wonderful! It absorbs well, yet moisturizes really well too! It looks great under makeup, and doesn't leave your eyes looking oily and shiny. And even though I'm only 29, my eyes do seem brighter and more youthful when I use this. I use morning and night, and my fine lines have diminished. I have literally globbed this product IN my eye (accidentally of course), and no stinging whatsoever! I was truly impressed at how gentle this is, whereas other eye creams have made my eyes burn and water from just being NEAR my eyes, much less IN them :-) The scent is beautiful too, just like the Radiance Day Cream!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was looking for a good easily-absorbed eye cream that I could use both day and night. I really liked the old Royal Jelly eye cream but in the end found that it was just too thick. I used the Radiance night cream before and really liked it, so I thought I would give this a try. It's only been a few days but here are some initial thoughts: A little dab will do ya! Although it does finally absorb better than the old Royal Jelly, if you use too much you will need to stand there pat-pat-patting for a good while. Overall though, the consistency is very nice. It does have reflective particles that make the whole eye area appear brighter which is great for me because my main complaint isn't bags or lines but darkness. Time will tell if it has an effect on the lines, but with so many great ingredients, I don't see how it couldn't help. I will edit in a few weeks.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

For the holidays DH and I went to visit our parents in the Midwest, where I promptly discovered that the the dry heat pumped into airplanes, houses, cars, stores, etc. does not agree well with my skin at all. I was really beginning to look awful, especially around my eyes, so I decided that it was time to look for an eye cream. Since I was just looking for moisture, and not a miracle, I decided that simple was best, and I picked this up because it had good reviews here, and a short list of ingredients that I could understand.

So far I've been using this for about a week and a half and it's doing it's job well. My eye area looks much better, and it doesn't look or feel dry or irritated. I sometimes wear a dab of foundation under my eyes to cover up dark circles and this seems to be helping my foundation apply smoother and blend better. I also like that this cream has a little bit of iridescence, which reflects the light back and makes my eyes look a little more awake. Since the air here is so dry and my skin is dry to begin with I tend to reapply thin layers of this at multiple times throughout the day (in much the same manner that you might reapply lip balm). This comes in a little pot so it's easy for me to tote around, but I do wish that it came in a more sanitary squeeze tube. Also, this has a slight fragrance. I haven't had any problems with it, but normally I do think that Burt's Bees products are more heavily fragranced than they need to be.

Update: The longer I use this the less well it seems to work. Recently I've noticed that this doesn't sink in so well and it doesn't feel as great as it used too, also I don't really want all that fragrance so close to my eyes. I received a sample of Ole Henriksen's Fresh Start Eye Cream recently too and by comparison that seems to work significantly better, so I will not be repurchasing this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a great eye cream. Works well in keeping my skin moisturized and fades the little lines a bit. Melts into skin almost immediately. The scent is wonderful (!) and though it's a bit strong at first it does, thankfully, fade. Love the fact that it's not full of chemicals and the list of ingredients is recognizable and short. My only big complaint is that it comes in a screw top jar. Very unsanitary and I think BB's should go back to the drawing board and create an air tight pump dispenser. Other than that it's a great eye cream and will happily purchase again! EDIT 3/31/08 Found out that Burt's Bees was bought by Clorox, yes the company that makes bleach, last Fall. This is very upsetting to me. Will have to keep an eye on the ingredient lists now. Wonder how long till the good thing BB's has going will be mucked up if it hasn't already. : ( EDIT 8/14/08 This is still a great cream except for two things. Using a bit more than a thin application causes my skin to get puffy. Also using more than an thin application has given me a milia spot and I have no idea how to get rid of that. As soon as I'm done with this jar I won't buy this product again. Waiting on a bottle of Aubrey's Lumessence eye cream and will see how that works since I don't want to continue to buy from BB's since they're now owned by Clorox who bought BB's to tap into the current whole green trend. Knocking this down to three stars instead of my original four given.

I bought this product because it contains Royal Jelly (great for the skin) and I was very pleased with the results. The product is light and has a pleasant fragrance. It moisturizes very well at an affordable price. I shared the product with my mom who is almost 60 years old and wrinkle free. This product really keeps the skin around the eyes smooth.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Based on all the reviews, I found this in my local CVS. Only at night. . . too heavy for daytime use. I will use it as a previous reviewer reccomended: " stop using it and come back to it again" The fragance is bothering my eyes a little. Other than moisture, I don't see much change.

This product does have a light fragrance, but it's not too noxious. Too heavy for daytime use, but great as a night-time eye cream, or for those indoor mani-pedi-facial girly afternoons.

It provides a good hydration but I don't think it does anything for dark circles or fine lines under eyes. I use this at night but it is somewhat heavy to use in daytime (I have oily skin). For my dark circles, nothing works better than a good sleep. So I will finish this but I am not sure of repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I noticed a slight difference within 2 days - my under eye area was a little more firm and lines were less pronounced. However, I saw no more improvement after that. Worst, after a couple weeks it started to irritate my skin badly, leaving red bumps which I've never had under my eyes. I immediately stopped using and it went away.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I just bought my second bottle. The benefits I see from this one are it tightens eye bags and at the same time it has a long lasting hydrating power thruout the day. I just wanna give some suggestion about how to use it:
(1), put a thick layer under eye area, you will find it is hard for the skin to absorb at all which shows a thick layer of white cream sitting on the skin--don't give up, rub very lightly back and forth--then you notice the white cream goes away a little bit, keep rubbing or tapping using ring fingers for 1 minute until it completely sinks in. I know it is time-consuming, but I think it is the way to work the best. The point is the skin can absorb a lot without a problem. I heard from some gals that this eye cream irrates in the beginning uses---it didn't happen to me; so be carefull. Maybe it is just a hit or miss.
(2) I notice it won't keep up the good "work" after 4 weeks of continous use. So I stop using it and come back to it again. Because the huge amount I apply everytime, I actually can finish the whole bottle in about two months.
Good luck!

Top Rated Treatments (Eye)

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products