November 22, 2014 | 1944 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by dottier

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I began using this mascara about six months ago and I loved my first tube enough to re-purchase. I don't know if Chanel has changed the formula or if this new tube came from a bad batch, but it seems like a different product altogether. The clumping, smudging and flaking are terrible. At $30.00 per tube, I would expect better. I put the Chanel away and started using the long-neglected GWP Estee Lauder "Projectionist" mascara that was at the bottom of my train case. In my opinion, the EL mascara is a superior product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very good mascara- it gives you beautiful extension, separation, and comes out jet black. It stays all day and you have gorgeous glossy black lashes. There is little to moderate volume. It's classy. However, I cannot justify paying this much for these results! It's similar to Clinique Naturally Glossy or Lash Power.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by babyphat14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Decided to try this after looking - like everyone - EVERYWHERE for a good mascara. Previously used Chanel 'Cils a Cils' but found it very natural-looking, as if I didn't wear mascara at all.

I was a bit hestitant about using a comb instead of a normal mascara wand but the comb works well. This mascara isn't a 'high impact' mascara - not much volumising but it separates every lash and lengthens. I've worn it a few times and have had the feeling like a lash is caught or bent in the corner of my eye - hopefully that is just my lashes at the moment and not a product of the mascara, otherwise back it goes, and I'll go back to Shu Umereu!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Nieners

This just does it for me. I tried about every mascara out there but this one works wonders for my eyelashes. No more spidery eyes which I really dislike and 1 layer is good enough to create volume and length. This is my mascara UHG and I would recommend it to everyone, despite it's price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by daijy1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

MY HG MASCARA (for a NATURAL, but LONG lashes)

I didn't realize how in love with this mascara I was until I moved on to MUFE smokey lash and imju fiberwig mascara. This mascara is extremely pigmented, can hold a curl expceptionally, separates lashes like I've never seen, never clumps/smudges, all while keeping your eyelashes soft to the touch!
It doesn't add much volume, but the look it gives is phenomenal when you want that fresh-long lashes look.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by malika

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is just an okay mascara, doesn't clump, gives nice volume, but not worth the price for me. Still looking for my HG mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 4:13:00 AM More reviews by hellbreaker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay I am on my fourth or fifth tube of this stuff and I am absolutely in love with it! Yes, it is pretty pricey, but it does not clump whatsoever. My natural lashes are fairly long but not very thick, but Inimitable makes it look like I'm wearing false lashes. I guess other reviewers say it doesn't add much volume, but I don't experience that at all. I've tried several different ways of applying it but the best application method I've found is to tilt my head back and apply it from the base of my lashes to the tip, wiggling it ever so slightly back and forth. While the mascara is still damp I go over it a second time. People compliment me all the time now how long my lashes are!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a good (but not great) mascara. It does not clump, it does not smudge and lasts all day. It separates the lashes very nicely, but it does not add the VAVAVOOM volume . The packaging is beautiful (as I would expect from Chanel), the wand and brush are easy to use (unlike Max Factor whose brush is very stiff), but the volumising effect is just not there. Good for daytime as it gives just a little bit more than natural looking lashes - even though it is expensive. Easy to remove It diried out after a couple of months. Far too expensive to buy every two months and not worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2010 1:31:00 PM More reviews by jelloo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this mascara! I had Dior Blackout before this, and I love it so much more. It actually holds my curls and lengthens very well. I have it in waterproof as well, and it really keeps it on but not hard to take off either. It doesn't do that much for volume though, which is what I prefer, but it does the job.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2010 10:30:00 AM More reviews by hannahdlc

I've been using this mascara for a year or so and I still love it! I have quite long eyelashes to begin with so I don't mind that it's not the most lengthening mascara ever, although with a few coats my eyelashes are considerably longer. I love the brush and the fanned out effect it gives and I never get clumps. I also love the mascara's staying power - it never flakes off, yet it comes off really easily when I just sweep my cleanser over my eyes. I have repurchased many times and will continue to do so!