Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

3.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the worst liner.. it stays on for maybe five mins and runs down my face! i prefer px or lancome...

on 3/1/2009 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Would I buy this product again? YES! In fact I have bought it over and over again because there is nothing on the market that is better then this little black jar of liner. Worlds apart from their other inferior cream liners, the JET SET stays on the inner rim of your eyes, it does not smudge or run. It's easy to apply with the right brush (I prefer the flat edged square synthetic brush, and it doesn't have to be a smashbox brush, by the way).
DO NOT LEAVE THE TOP OFF OF THIS JAR. It will dry up and be unuseable. There is no way to rehydrate it (I've tried!). If you keep the lid tight on this product it will not dry up on you, promise. I have had mine for 5 months!
If you like deep blues, there is a beautiful shade of blackish-blue jet-set as well!

on 2/26/2009 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this liner. I am an eyeliner addict (once a goth always a goth) and this is so easy to use and stays put. I would never go back to liquid liner, this looks so much better and is easierto use.

I've had this for two days and so far so good! It barely smudges on my waterline 'watery' eyes, except for the lower lash outer corner.. It lasts all day otherwise and the colour is rich! Just too pricey for my liking.. I use my Quo angled brush with it and I have great results!

on 2/13/2009 4:14:00 PM

I use eyeliner everyday. I'm always looking for something to enhance my eyes. Unfortunately I tend to get oily so I need eye makeup that stays on without smearing or wearing off. I bought this b/c it said waterproof, and I prefer using a brush instead of pen/pencil type eyeliner. This color is very black, and it seems to stay on well. It does smear a tiny bit at the corners of my eyes at the end of the day, but compared to other waterproof liners, I think this one is good. I'm sure for girls with normal or dry skin it would stay on forever! I like the small glass pot, its easy to use. I use my bent eyeliner brush. The consistency is a little to thick though, its hard to get product on my brush without little clumps. I think maybe the pot I got may have been old or dried out or something! I don't think I will buy this again, it will last a long time. For the price I was disappointed, but until I find the One, I will keep on using this one.

on 2/6/2009 11:21:00 PM

I enjoyed this product for the first couple of months. It has great lasting power and is a good product for overnight wear. I thought the consistancy was a bit stiff. I had a hard time loading my brush and applying a close lash line. It got too dry before I could use most of the pot. I would re-purchase if it was not so expensive.

on 2/1/2009 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

In my quest for the perfect smokey eye product, this product has worked it's way into my top category. I'm really impressed with it's consistency, as most gel eyeliners are too liquidy for me to use and I cannot blend easily for a smoked out line. This product does the job. I'll do one eye at a time, smudge with either a q-tip, finger, or brush and then go over the line again for more impact. I seem to use quite a bit of this product per application, though that could just be my heavy hand. But this LASTS. Through crying, a workout, sleep. Only thing though it fades when I used it in conjunction with shadows. Not sure about the shelf life of this product, though for the great product i'm getting I'm not really concerned with that at present. Easy to tightline with. It's the easiest product I've worked with to date. Would definitely repurchase. Will update as time goes on.

on 1/23/2009 8:57:00 PM

I tried this for the advertised purpose -- lining the waterline. I am always on the lookout for a good liner for the waterline. Within TWO hours, this began crumbling and the chunks ended up in my eyes. The line on my eyes looked cracked and messy. My eyes were not particularly watery or anything. I know everyone's eyes are different, and this may work better on someone else. For me personally, not so great. I am in love with the L'oreal HIP cream liners, and I have used HIP's black liner on my waterline with MUCH better results. That liner also crumbles into my eyes but at a much slower pace. Also, you get a lot more of the HIP liner for half the price (which lasts months if you cap it tightly, I notice a lot of reviews of the smashbox liner say it dries out no matter how tight it is capped). Definitely try out L'oreal HIP liner first--and save yourself some money. This liner is going back.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is by far my HG liner at the moment. It goes on smooth and with my angle brush, makes the best thin tightline ever. I'm normally not a waterproof girl because of removal and irritation, but this comes off effortlessly with my eye makeup remover and my eyes never tear. I've had this a few months and the pot hasn't dried out like my fluidline did-even though the cap was screwed on tightly. I can't wait until my MAC Inky liquid liner is gone so I can try Jet Set in Navy Blue.

on 1/18/2009 7:03:00 PM

I saw this with the special brush on QVC and had to have it! I should know better. I do have a soft spot for Smashbox products, although my success rate with them is only so-so. I love this look, for tightlining and wetlining, but it doesn't love me back. When I used it for tightlining, it flaked, got in my eyes and over my face. It smears when you wipe off the flakes. I'm also convinced that no matter how well or thoroughly I cleaned the brush (after EVERY use and with alcohol, eventually)I would get an eye irritation/infection. That's not pretty. I couldn't make it work as a regular eyeliner - just not enough control to suit me.

UPDATE: I finally just threw this in the trash. It left little clumps everywhere and the texture became more like wax than a gel. I'll probably try either MAC or BB next.

Top Rated Smashbox Products