August 2, 2014 | 1164 users online

Hair - Wen by Chaz Dean - Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by TiffanyDior

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE LOVE LOVE Wen ever since switching to Wen(Bought the gallon size) my hair has been noticably more healthy more shiny and much much more manageable. After using Wen for almost 2 years I decided to bleach my hair from a level 3 brown to bleach blonde, using beyond the zone radical bleach kit my hair had actually turned blonde but had a little bit of a yellow hint, used wella whit lady to tone it...but anyway make along story short after the bleaching with level 40 developer and then toning with level 30 my hair should have been fried or atleast damaged but I truly believe that the Wen helped protect my hair and had gotten it in such a healthy condition that all the chemicals didnt really hurt my hair. BTW Overall score is a 4 cause its sooo expensive,packaging quality is a 3 cause there always is some left in the bottom of the bottle that i just cant get lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by honeybee72

After considering all the hype I did fall or give in to buying this product and was instantly satisfied the product made my hair very soft and manageable and shiny. I have ethnic hair which is somewhat coarse and not thin at all. This product has really been inspiring me to try different hairstyles because now I have soft manageable hair that's also bouncy and gorgeous straight or when I'm going natural without any heat applied......great conditioner especially the tea tree formula!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the 16oz bottle which lasted me about a month, using it 2-3 times per week. I have wavy hair, down to about mid-back or just under breast length in the front. My hair is medium thickness, a bit on the coarse side (ie. my individual hairs are thick but I don't have tons of strands, if that makes sense?). My main issue with my hair is it's dry and the top layer is unbelievably frizzy. I don't over process, and just cover my greys with a permanent color & 10vol every 2 months or so. I don't bleach or lift ever. So it's not processing that makes it dry, it's just how my hair is. Seriously, I could go 5 days without washing and still it wouldn't be oily! So therefore, what I'm about to say here will totally go against what other reviews have said...WEN wasn't moisturizing enough and didn't do a thing to help my frizz. I know it sounds crazy since many reviewers complained it made their hair greasy. When I read that I thought perfect! Maybe this will be my HG lol. But no. It's not. I'll be moving on to something else. I used WEN exactly as instructed on the bottle, using 20-30 pumps, tried the "2 washes" method as well, and used a pump as a leave-in at the end. Here's the pros and cons.
Pros:
- nice light scent
- rich formula, easy to use, doesn't run
- cleans well
- can easily comb through hair after
- moisturizing if you don't have very dry hair
Cons:
- doesn't help the frizz at all
- bottle goes very quickly, one month for 16 oz

Overall I would still recommend WEN, I think it would be great on the right hair types.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wrote a pretty scathing review of the fig fragrance CC not too long ago, but my bff swapped me her sweet almond for my fig.
I was really really nervous to try it but she assured me it was much gentler than the fig. So I tried it and she was right.
My scalp didn't tingle or burn this time. There was just a nice cooling sensation.
I used it the new way they say--half for my first 'shampoo' and half for the second part where it 'conditions'. I did the comb through and all that stuff. I also rinsed with cool (not freezing) water, as opposed to my usual hot wash/rinse.
This time I used my fave leave in conditioner, a little argan oil for shine and dried as usual.
My hair came out just stunning! Very full, considering this conditioner thingy...I was afraid I'd have limp hair. The shine is actually the best thing--phenomenal! And I can comb without any tangles.
Styling went really well this morning. I used a spritz of thermal protector first and a jumbo curling iron to do big beachy waves. My hair looks and feels amazing--I can't stop touching it and flipping it all around.lol I used a good regime before that made my hair look great, but today is just simply a good hair day :)
A few notes... The almond CC is a thinner consistency than the Fig...It has more slip to it too. The smell isn't overpowering but I still am not very fond of it--I don't really like to smell like menthol or rosemary--I wish it smelled like anything from Charles Worthington, but for the shine and bounce, I'll take smelling like a greek salad.lol
I think doing two washes makes it work good too. That way you cleanse your scalp, rinse and then really give it to the mid-shafts and ends so they'll get good and treated.
One complaint though that it does tend to run and it stings like crazy if you get it in your eyes...I am highly allergic and sensitive though so it could just be me.
This particular CC is ideal for breakage like I get around my hairline from flat ironing and high-lift tints. The hairs are now so soft and moist, and they behave nicely instead of sticking up like crazy.lol
One other tiny nit pick is the label on the bottle. For the high-end feel this product is supposed to offer, the label is kinda crappy. I've only had it a couple days and my bff a week or so before that, but the label is already wrinkling and looking like it's going to peel off. Not to be petty, but for what this stuff costs, you'd think they could find a decent water-proof label...I mean it's just sitting in the shower, not soaking in the tub, you know?
Overall this sweet almond CC is just fabulous and I love it!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using the WEN sweet almond mint cleansing conditioner for almost a month. I had long hair, to the middle of my back. My hair was a dark brown and I have oily roots and dry ends. I cut my hair to shoulder length last week and I had blonde highlights put in. I was skeptical about this product because I thought it would make my hair look greasier. I got the TSV on QVC so I have the big 32 oz bottle. The instructions say to use a lot of pumps but they are referring to the smaller 16 oz size. If you have the large bottle, the pumps release more product. For me I use 4 pumps, 1 on my crown, 1 on the nape of my neck, and 1 on each side of my head. Then I rinse and repeat, using 4 again for a total of 8 pumps when I wash my hair. When my hair was longer I used 16 total. I've always had to wash my hair everyday because of my oily roots. The first time I used this product, my hair looked great and then it looked oily the next day. I went back and read the instructions and it said you should use more product and split it in half, washing the hair twice. Since I did that, my hair feels so soft and clean. I only have to wash my hair once every 2 days. I know this stuff is expensive and time consuming but I was spending more money for Fekkai because I had to wash my hair every single day. Once I apply the conditioner, I use a wide tooth comb to comb my hair, getting out all the tangles, and then I let it set for 10 minutes, rinse, repeat and let it set for another 10-15. Make sure you rinse your hair thouroughly. Even when you think it's all out, keep rinsing. I use luke warm water like the instructions say. The smell is nice, it has a minty scent to it that I like. I want to try the pomegranite next because I have the finshing cream in pomegranite and it smells wonderful. I can only speak for myself but I am glad I tried this product. Even though it is time consuming, I wash my hair a 1/3 less than I did before so I'm happy with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by dsmiljanic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product!!!!
I have waist-length, baby-fine hair, but a ton of it! And this product works very well for me!
It's so important to follow all the directions. Go to the walk through on YouTube for additional tips from Wen.
I can't say I love rinsing my hair in cool water but I tried it with both luke warm and hot and neither has the same effect. Rinsing with cool water really helps this product work.
As for the price...honestly for the results, it's worth it! I was using a much more expensive Kerastase cleansing balm previously and the results are comparable.
Also, I don't wash my hair everyday, which may be the other reason why I am having success with this product. Every 3-4 days max. Before I switched from shampoo, washing that regularly would cause so much damage and dryness that I could never get my hair to grow past my brastrap! So my hair got used to going a few days between washes.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by queenchristina

I wanted so badly to jump on the no-shampoo bandwagon, so I finally broke down and purchased Wen after the raving reviews. Unfortunately, I absolutely hated it. If you have fine, straight hair, DO NOT waste your money on this product. My hair looked and felt completely gross.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think this is my fav Wen formula. It is light enough for daily use and does not weigh down my hair. I've used SAM to "clarify" my hair and it works fine. I use Fig when my hair is really dry but I don't care for the scent, too sickly and cough syrupy. The cleansing conditioner and Re Moist are my two favs! I will add that the packaging sucks. When you get down to the last bit of product, I have to take out the pump, and pound the bottle on my hand to get it to come out. Even then I still can't get the very last bit of it out and this stuff is expensive so yeah I want to get every drop.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by katelynn89

UGH. horrible, horrible product. seriously, such a let down. after watching the commercial several times i was so excited to have my hair look super shiny and full of volume like the models as shown television. according to the commercial, with 16-24 pumps of wen your hair can look amazing, right? wrong. if i could give this negative lippies, i would.

the first time i tried wen i did exactly as the directions said. after all said and done, my hair was greasy and really weighed down. it wasn't shiny at all, in fact it looked like i hadn't showered in days! i will admit it does smell really nice, but for someone who has fine, straight hair, wen will make your hair look really gross.

for the amount of money i spent, i really tried to "get into" it. after several more tries, i gave up and switched back to shampoo and conditioner. i would never buy this product again!

maybe wen works for some gals, but definitely not for me. total waste of money!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 9:50:00 AM More reviews by mallitabr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I buy mine from QVC in the 32 ounce size. I've used it for about 2 years now. I have medium long frizzy hair, and this product really seems to help the frizziness. I've tried the cucumber, fig, and lavendar, and this is my favorite in terms of smell and results. It is expensive, so I usually only use this when I want a sleek blow-out. I will use a cheap drug store brand if I'm going to put my hair in a pony tail.