April 21, 2014 | 1028 users online

Hair - Wen by Chaz Dean - Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by luckynlove

I love Wen....this product has taken my hair from dry frizzy and fly away to soft and silky in just about 8 months.....I think the people who don't find it to be this way are not using it correctly.....I watched a demo just recently where he suggested to wash with half (I do 10 pumps, 5 on top and 5 on bottom, shoulder length hair) first rinse and repeat , directions the bottle does not include and it makes a huge difference from just the single wash the bottle instructs. I also use the replenishing spray and the intensive repair mask as well and I would highly recommend this product.....I can safely say I will never use shampoo and conditioner again. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by taylermarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ive been using Wen for a year now, and I have mixed feelings about it. the first time I used it I was blown away. My hair was so soft and looked healthy. But after that, it lost it's effect every time I used it. and what was absolutely horrible was that it dried my scalp out SO BAD. it was AWFUL. I kept using it, hoping it was just a weird reaction that would pass but it only got worse. I have also tried every different type there was and pomegranate was the only one that mildly dried my scalp out less. I use this probably once a week now, and mostly as a leave in conditioner. it isn't worth all the hype in my opinion and I know how to use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by cjMadamFresa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

when i first used this product years back, my hair looked amazing air dried! my boyfriend had never seen my hair curly before (i didnt like it because it was so frizzy so i always straightened it first) when he saw how cute and soft my curls were he kept touching my hair. it was so cute. and it made me actually start to appreciate my curls and wear it naturally curly. AND i use it for everything! even on my pets! they have sensitive skin and allergies. after their bath they do NOT smell gross like they would with other pet shampoos. point: this is a great shampoo, condition, deep conditioner, leave in conditioner, shave cream, moisturizer, pet shampoo.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by kellyowl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

The scent of this conditioner is quite delicious and it makes my scalp feel invigorated and clean, but that's about it. The ends of my hair feel a little too *squeaky clean* for my liking and not as moisturized as I'd like it to be. You won't have big and bouncy, professionally blown-out hair like they show you in the infomercials, either...just ho-hum, clean hair. Nothing worth jumping for joy over.

Edit: I tried this one more time, hoping to get different results, and I also noticed how dry and tangled my hair was. I couldn't get my fingers through it. High price for low quality results.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 5:21:00 AM More reviews by harmony888

My stylist says this is amazing, what more can I ask for..I tried this set for only $10 free shipping!!! Everyone at the salon says try it- it's good and healthy for hair..

I have black hair dyed completely blonde, so this WEN system takes care of my hair! It's gentle, conditioning and careful of stripping my color. Blonde hair stays clean virtually no oils for more than 3 days! So this cleanser is perfect, shampoo is too strong. This SMELLS EXACTLY LIKE NIOXIN, FEELS LIKE NIOXIN TOO. I loved Nioxin!

But anyway, so I use this correctly, and it's so clean and fresh feeling..the balm, and texturizing gel is sooooo good, my hair is straight but bouncy!! I love it!! It's better than the Paul Mitchell straight serum! If this isn't cleaning your hair, how often do you wash, if you wash everyday- it should clean it COMPLETELY! Maybe if you wait 2 or 3 days and your hair is extra oily, this won't cleanse it well. Also, USE THE COMB! That's important, use the comb to spread thoroughly and while rinsing off. Combing insures a perfect application, wash and rinse off.

(if you can't afford it stop whining about the price- then don't buy it. How is that Wen's fault? This whole set was $10 and only $20 a bottle on QVC :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by thefairestlady1012

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm officially a Wen girl now and have been for about four months, but already I am hooked. Such a great product-these cleansing conditioners. I have a hair type that is extremely unusual in the sense that it is of fine coverage with strands that are actually quite thick. Because of this, I find it beneficial to use two different formulas of the cleansing conditioner one for my scalp and one for the midshaft and ends. This formula is my mid-shaft to ends one and it is perfect. I'm still curious as to which one will be the best for my crown/scalp area, as I have been using the Cucumber Aloe for that area but wonder if the Tea Tree formula would work better considering I have a very dry scalp and the Cucumber can actually be rather astringent at times. But anyway, I still consider the Sweet Almond Mint to be my favorite of the ones of the cleansing conditioners I've tried, the others being of course the Cucumber Aloe and the Lavender, the lavender I did not like at all. The sweet almond mint fragrance is amazing for one and for another, the formula is a perfect consistency for my hair type and density, neither being creamy without being heavy. One thing everyone should know with this product, as with all cleansing conditioners, is that the formulas NEVER lather, which makes it better for your hair, as there is no stripping involved in the washing process, which is good for everyone but especially for those with color-treated or chemically processed tresses. Awesome product. Can't put into words how much I love this and this brand in general. Reviews will come for the styling creme, replenishing mist (fave Wen product) and the Remoist deep conditioner!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Chocoaff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have only used this as a cleanser once, and had nice results, but I would never use this as a regular shampoo. You get a lot of product, but you're also expected to use a lot - you're probably paying at least a dollar or two a wash if you have long or thick hair. Instead, I prefer to use it as a leave-in conditioner. Just one pump makes my thick, curly hair smoother, softer, shinier, healthier feeling, and more manageable, and it replaces the two or so products I used to use on my hair while damp. It also really coats the hair and takes a bit to absorb, which I love because most leave ins soak immeadeately and provide few benefits, whereas this truly mositurizes. Also, a bottle will last forever when used this way!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by ShaynaS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently bought the 30 supply of the sweet almond mint cleansing conditioner, and sent it back after just two uses. I hate this stuff! The first time I used it my hair was shiny, clean, and had more body than it has had in a long time. But after about two hours my hair looked like a grease pit. The second time I used it my hair felt dry and brittle and had a very waxy texture to it. Not good. I would not recommend buying this at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by prcsillusion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is not a shampoo. This is a conditioner. A very expensive conditioner that doesn't clean your hair. Don't kid yourself. I got a sample of this in my myglam bag.

It feels really waxy when you put it on in the shower and you have to use a TON of product to get the full effect. I'd say it's a decent conditioner, but for someone like me who gets oily hair, it does NOT clean. Do not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by NeverTooRed

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If your hair feels GREASY and WAXY after using this product, 1: You did not use enough of the product to fully cleanse your hair, or massage it in long enough. 2: you didn't rinse it out for 2 minutes, rinse completely, because it was cleansing your hair. 3: You MUST Repeat, with half as much product and massage into your scalp and mostly into the ends and comb through and leave it on for 5 min to condition it. I can go 3-4 days before I have to wash again. I wear skin weft Tape On Extensions and they Stay IN when using this and I can massage my scalp easier because of the pump delivery, I can put a tiny amount on my finger and place it right between my extensions onto my scalp, then splash water all over after slathering the product all over first, THIS will make it easy to massage it in, I do this for about 2 min, then put it up and finish my shower. I sometimes don't REPEAT, due to time, and it still works great for me. I use one pump for a leave in conditioner and also use one pump of the styling creme all while in the shower, I barely need a towel when I'm done. If you don't love it , give it another chance, you are just not using it right. I have very oily hair with dried out ends that are very fragile.