September 18, 2014 | 1981 users online

Shampoo - Clairol - Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by Zinn79

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

H.E. Hello Hydration shampoo made my hair frizzy but yet smooth. The smell is horrible! You can barely smell it, and it smells like coconuts, ew!
It does clean your hair well and smooths your hair but I just hated the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Caty1021

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Always come back to this shampoo and the conditioner too. Makes my highlighted hair soft and manageable and for some reason brightens my highlights more than any 'brightening' shampoo I have used before. Love the scent too, reminds me of holidays!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by realpeak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I was pleasantly suprised with this shampoo. I usually use sulfate-free shampoos but purchased a travel size of this to take on vacation. It leaves my hair so soft and silky which is nothing short of miraculous for me as my hair is naturally very coarse and thick. No fly-aways and a major reduction on the frizz. The smell is divine...coconutty floral sort of scent? Whatever it is, it smells great. I continue to use this once a fortnight when I feel like my hair needs some softening. It's pretty cheap too so I can't complain about anything.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 4:33:00 AM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I normally use silicone-free hair products but "natural" cosmetics are getting so expensive I thought I'd try some Clairol shampoo and conditioner. I used to use Herbal Essences in the 70s when it was a green fluid in a bottle -- there was a picture of a lady that looked like a wood nymph or a hippie on the label. I loved the green stuff. It smelled great -- woody, musky, herbally. Err... anyway, back to my review.... this smelled OK... sort of a fake coconut scent, like a scented candle, still bearable though. It made my dry hair extremely soft (although it did not make it shine). But the stuff made my hair so soft and so slippery that my hair started breaking off. I think this might be because silicone coats the hair rather than actually moisturises it? Anyway, I'm not buying this shampoo or conditioner again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by dyzio11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lately, my hair has been pretty dry, so I bought this shampoo and the matching conditioner with really high hopes for it to make my hair soft and zap the frizzies.
It didn't exactly live up to my expectations, but it didn't completely let me down either. It makes my hair soft, but it really doesn't control the frizziness as well as I'd like it to. But, I would buy this again just because I have yet to find a better shampoo and conditioner and because it's really affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by natd9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product. I have thick, coarse, Indian hair which needs a conditioner to make it soft, but after using this shampoo, I feel like I don't even need a conditioner. Nice smell, I just wish it stayed around even after my hair is dry. It's a great product though and I recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2011 8:38:00 AM More reviews by babybecca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Scent is okay. The shampoo left my sensitive scalp dry and itchy. Would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by linet182

Number one reason why I love this shampoo is because of the smell. It has a very fresh coconut-y smell. It leaves my hair and the bathroom smelling amazing lol. Over all it is a good shampoo. Nothing special.. it does its job. It definitely made my hair softer and like I said it smells amazing. It's worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by jennagrace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I usually use my Mane N' Tail Shampoo so that my hair will grow faster, but i dont want my hair to get used to it. So I use mane n' tail for one month and then this the next month. This stuff is amazing! it cleanses yet doesnt strip the oils out. The scent stays in your hair somewhat. I straighten or curl my hair about 4 times a week and this helps keep moisture in and split ends at a minimum. Leaves hair so soft- will definately repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by crazytlccool

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This used to be my HG shampoo. It smells sooo good!! It made my hair super soft and deliciously scented for a full two days. I eventually switched to other shampoos when I realized that this wasn't working the same after a couple years of use. Later I found it had terrible chemicals for your hair that only make it appear to be healthy. This probably explains why it only "helped" my hair for a certain amount of time.
I recommend this for if you want to take a miniature shampoo with you on vacation, if you're using someone else's, or as a back up.