August 1, 2014 | 1121 users online

Loose Powders - La Mer - Skincolor De La Mer - The Powder - Poudre de La Mer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 8:41:00 AM More reviews by pkuyken

I bought this product a week a ago, and can't believe how it not only looks on, but how it stays on all day! I use the new liquid La Mer foundation as well, and it works wonderfully. This morning I put the powder on over my la mer moisturizer, and it is an incredible "weekend" look. I got the transulecent. It takes so little powder to create the look as well. This one jar should last me a year. I have slightly scared, with a few small lines skin, and it absolutely imparts the right finish to minimize. No itching, I a look forward to seeing my skin to continue to improve.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2008 5:38:00 PM More reviews by clor_84

By far one of the best powders I've ever used. My skin type is absolutely the most difficult to control; dry and very sensitive, prone to redness and breakouts. This powder goes on velvety smooth and didn't break me out once or cause any allergic reaction. Comes in a heavy glass container with a puff settled at the top (underneath the lid). The puff and the powder are separated by a white plastic covering that dispenses the powder through several small holes. I would definitely buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 11:17:00 PM More reviews by shangconti

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The best loose powder that I have ever tried ... featherlight, natural, glowy, hiding all my pores with a beautiful finish. I am now crazily in love with La Mer moisturising creme, the treatment foundation and the loose powder. This trio makes me look beautiful. The only complaint is its heavy porcelain jar. Although it looks classy on the dressing table, I hope La Mer can make it smaller. It's just too heavy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2008 1:02:00 AM More reviews by catwoman1275

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best loose powders I have ever tried. It is so luxurious. It is air-light with a matte finish but with a slight sheen. And the puff feels soooooo soft. This is the most I have ever spent on powder but I know this will last a LONG time. My only grip is that the container is so large and heavy. Guess I'll have to find a smaller container for travel.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2007 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Honey_Bunny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have tried many different loose powders (Cle de Peau, Clarins, Chanel, MAC, Lancome, and Sonia Kashuk). They were all pretty good but were not HG's for me. La Mer's loose powder is the first HG I've ever had!

I have combo skin (oily t-zone with some small dry areas on my face). When I apply Poudre de La Mer, I get a smooth finish that isn't cakey and doesn't accentuate any dry or flaky areas. It really does feels like silk when applied. It just seems to give me a nice glow. I have been getting all kinds of compliments about my "porcelain" skin. My sister demanded that I tell her what I was doing differently on my face. My sister has very dry skin with sun damage (she ignores my lectures on sunblock) and when I put this powder on her, her skin never looked better.

I am an NC 20-25 and 01 Creme seems to be the perfect color for me.

It is more expensive than your average department store powder, but its performance is anything but average. You do get 25g. For most people, I would imagine this would last at least a year if not longer. It is well worth the money.

One complaint I have with this product is the heavy jar it comes in. I travel 3 or 4 days a week and this is a heavy item to lug around. Also, when airport security sees this on their x-ray machines, most of them believe its a jar of cream, so my bags are constantly being opened and searched. Oh well, its a small price to pay for a HG!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2007 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Genny

I have heard many raves for this powder and wanted to try it for a few years now. Well I needed a new powder. My old powder just was not working for me anymore. I wanted something more light feeling. La Mer is the ticket I thought. I tried this in two colors. The Translucent and the color Creme. This powder feels like silk on the skin. FOR REAL!!!! I have never in my life used a powder that felt so amazing. Both colors I tried are nice, but I think the Creme looked more natural on me. The translucent had more sheen to it than I wanted. The creme added a little color and just the right amount of glow. This powder made my skin look flawless. The only real drawback is the packaging. It is heavy, but oh well. Maybe they will change that one day. If not then I will just have to live with it and I will.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2007 4:59:00 PM More reviews by llwilson

One word for this loose powder "Beautiful". I purchased "Beige", this Powder is finely milled and so soft with a "Flawless" finish. I set my Prescriptives Virtual Skin foundation with this powder. Love them both!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2007 12:45:00 AM More reviews by miranets

I have this in 05 translucent, a very neutral beige which is suitable for my yellow skintone. We have only THREE shades available in NZ, but most others would not have been any more suitable. This is incredibly overpriced here, for $150, even after shipping such a huge container from the US it would have worked out cheaper!!

My first time to meddle with high end powders, and I am incredibly impressed. I first tried this at the department store and was amazed by the mill of this powder. When you try enough loose powders you can generally predict the finish by looking at the mill quality. This is very similar to Laura Mercier (another HG powder) and By terry. Such powders are made not only with ultra refined talc but silicones and various mineral stearates which give them their air light qualities. This is not a dull matte powder like CdP, T Leclerc, mineral makeup etc - it contains very sheer sparkles, no whore-like specks either.

My only gripe with this powder is that it does not control oil very well. I tend to use this under either or both a dusting of rice/silk powder (think Jurlique silk dust) and a silicone base (Clarin's smooth touch, Pure Luxe banana line eraser). I also find it slightly irritating on the skin, causing itchiness - I think this may be caused by my sensitive skin more than anything.

When the SA applied this on me, the brush picked up a whole lot of powder but she shook most of it off (how wasteful!), I don't imagine myself doing anything like that if I want to make the powder last. The quantity is very generous, it would more than likely last for a year even with daily use.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2007 6:43:00 PM More reviews by coachwife6

I read the review on blogdorfgoodman and ran out and bought it. i was not disappointed at all. It was the one thing that was missing from my make-up routine and made such a huge difference. The powder is like silk and totally balances everything, giving me a flawless finish.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2007 5:44:00 PM More reviews by abuti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

To me, this feels like silk! Absolutely amazing powder, and I am a loose powder junkie. I also bought the retractable brush and they are both total luxury. The products are pricey but I think well worth it if you can afford them. I would highly recommend this poweder if you're looking for the most luxurious, silky smooth powder that leaves your skin looking flawless. I will definitely repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No