La Mer Skincolor De La Mer - The Powder - Poudre de La Mer

4.5

Talc, Ethylene-Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Calcium Stearate, Tourmaline, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Melachite, Phaeodactylum Tricornotum Extract, Silica, Caprylic-Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl, Calcium Carbonate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Iron Oxides (CI 77491 / CI 77492), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Farric Farrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850).

AGGGH! I bit! Needing a new loose powder, I read these (mostly) rave reviews and decided to "just take a look". Next thing I knew, I was digging out my abused credit card and happily leaving Holt's with this luscious powder. Wow! This stuff really is nice. I bought 02 Creme, which is an exact match to my pale skin. It seems to sink into my skin, and imparts a very natural finish (I did think that Transclucent was to sparkly). It doesn't leave a powdery finish at all (my one complaint about my current loose powder - YSL Poudre Sur Mesure). The only downside - expeeeensive! But it's such a huge jar that I can see this lasting a long time. $90CAD at Holt Renfrew.

You know, I just have not been that impressed by La Mer's products. I know I'm the minority here, but I think that their popularity is due to notoriety, not actual quality. The first problem with this powder is the jar. It's giant, it's glass, it's heavy, and it's misleading...No, you're not getting that huge amount the packaging would lead you to believe. There's a smaller compartment inside holding product. For me, it does apply easily, which I like. However, it's a bit sparkly and it really emphasizes the pores near my nose. Keep in mind, pore-size is not a problem I normally have. I just think the price is totally ridiculous, and there are many powders out there that are better for a tiny fraction of what this costs. So, while it's not the worst thing in the world, I would not buy it again.

I have used so many different brands over the years i just happend to luck out by hitting the jack pot w/ La Mer!! I wasnt going to buy anything from this line do to the fact that everything is over priced but now i know why!! This powder was the first item i bought and i was blown away it is hands down the best loose powder i have ever used!! It is silky soft texture and goes on like a dream!!! I got translucent-05 and its perfect for me over my la mer foundation or fluid tint!!

I found this to be incredibly light and smooth in texture. The container is very heavy and huge! It's expensive, but you get a lot for the price. The reason I only gave it 4 lippies is because of the sparkle in this product. I'm just not a sparkle fan. While at Saks, the salesperson put some of the second lightest color on me. It looked OK, but as I'm not a sun person, actually purchased the lightest shade (05). I used it twice and disliked the sparkle enough that I returned the powder 3 days later.

So, if you are interested in this powder, try it on before you buy to make sure you're OK with the color and sparkle.

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I bought this product a week a ago, and can't believe how it not only looks on, but how it stays on all day! I use the new liquid La Mer foundation as well, and it works wonderfully. This morning I put the powder on over my la mer moisturizer, and it is an incredible "weekend" look. I got the transulecent. It takes so little powder to create the look as well. This one jar should last me a year. I have slightly scared, with a few small lines skin, and it absolutely imparts the right finish to minimize. No itching, I a look forward to seeing my skin to continue to improve.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

By far one of the best powders I've ever used. My skin type is absolutely the most difficult to control; dry and very sensitive, prone to redness and breakouts. This powder goes on velvety smooth and didn't break me out once or cause any allergic reaction. Comes in a heavy glass container with a puff settled at the top (underneath the lid). The puff and the powder are separated by a white plastic covering that dispenses the powder through several small holes. I would definitely buy this product again.

The best loose powder that I have ever tried ... featherlight, natural, glowy, hiding all my pores with a beautiful finish. I am now crazily in love with La Mer moisturising creme, the treatment foundation and the loose powder. This trio makes me look beautiful. The only complaint is its heavy porcelain jar. Although it looks classy on the dressing table, I hope La Mer can make it smaller. It's just too heavy.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the best loose powders I have ever tried. It is so luxurious. It is air-light with a matte finish but with a slight sheen. And the puff feels soooooo soft. This is the most I have ever spent on powder but I know this will last a LONG time. My only grip is that the container is so large and heavy. Guess I'll have to find a smaller container for travel.

I have tried many different loose powders (Cle de Peau, Clarins, Chanel, MAC, Lancome, and Sonia Kashuk). They were all pretty good but were not HG's for me. La Mer's loose powder is the first HG I've ever had!

I have combo skin (oily t-zone with some small dry areas on my face). When I apply Poudre de La Mer, I get a smooth finish that isn't cakey and doesn't accentuate any dry or flaky areas. It really does feels like silk when applied. It just seems to give me a nice glow. I have been getting all kinds of compliments about my "porcelain" skin. My sister demanded that I tell her what I was doing differently on my face. My sister has very dry skin with sun damage (she ignores my lectures on sunblock) and when I put this powder on her, her skin never looked better.

I am an NC 20-25 and 01 Creme seems to be the perfect color for me.

It is more expensive than your average department store powder, but its performance is anything but average. You do get 25g. For most people, I would imagine this would last at least a year if not longer. It is well worth the money.

One complaint I have with this product is the heavy jar it comes in. I travel 3 or 4 days a week and this is a heavy item to lug around. Also, when airport security sees this on their x-ray machines, most of them believe its a jar of cream, so my bags are constantly being opened and searched. Oh well, its a small price to pay for a HG!

I have heard many raves for this powder and wanted to try it for a few years now. Well I needed a new powder. My old powder just was not working for me anymore. I wanted something more light feeling. La Mer is the ticket I thought. I tried this in two colors. The Translucent and the color Creme. This powder feels like silk on the skin. FOR REAL!!!! I have never in my life used a powder that felt so amazing. Both colors I tried are nice, but I think the Creme looked more natural on me. The translucent had more sheen to it than I wanted. The creme added a little color and just the right amount of glow. This powder made my skin look flawless. The only real drawback is the packaging. It is heavy, but oh well. Maybe they will change that one day. If not then I will just have to live with it and I will.

Recommended for Normal Skin