April 18, 2014 | 2031 users online

Liquid - Becca - Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2007 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Nibs09

Great product! This is a tinted moisturizer and as mentioned by other reviewers, this is sheer. It is great as a base, to lightly even out skin tone. If I need more coverage, I apply the stick foundation to problem areas, eg, redness around nose, blemishes etc. I found that this applied very nicely with the Becca creme blush brush, plus I used less of the product.

It feels very light on the skin and I have very sensitive combination skin. I never look oily on the t-zone wearing this (which is a problem I have had with other products), and at the same time my dry cheeks find this moisturizing.

Becca is known for their wide color range. I wear nude and even though I have tanned abit, I can still get away with wearing this shade. I also love mixing this with the shimmer perfector in Opal or Gold (in summer) for a beautiful glow.

I am a girl who loves the natural "no make-up" look and I am a true believer in Becca's three step process to flawless skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2007 6:00:00 AM More reviews by cocochick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I've been using it for about 4 years now.

My skin is quite dry and I love how it gives you moisture as well as a natural light coverage. I'm a big believer in less is more so this range is great for me. When I have a big event I add the stick foundation and powder but for everyday use I feel that this gives me the finish I want.
I'm an Olive colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2007 2:28:00 AM More reviews by stella84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Thankyou MUA reviewers for giving me the idea of trying this product! I had never tried a tinted moisturiser before but I absolutely LOVE this (I have 'camel')! I have quite dry skin and this gives me a great level of moisture and evens out my skin at the same time. I would NOT recommend this for people who want coverage or people who have oily skin as it is very sheer and moisturising. I bought it because my skin has been quite good lately and i was finding my YSL Perfect Touch foundation was getting a bit too heavy and giving me more coverage than i really needed. Becca is perfect! It evens out my skin, has amazing texture and then i just use concealer under my eyes and around my nose. I layer Becca loose powder over the top and find that it has good staying power all day at work. Also, the pump packaging is very convenient (I use one pump for my entire face) and hygenic.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2007 11:58:00 PM More reviews by hiphopgirl

I knew this foundation was supposed to be sheer. It's right there in the title, so it's not as though I was unprepared. But I still expected it to somehow change the appearance of my face. Um, not so much. I swear, the only difference in appearance in my before and after is that I look greasy in the after. Your skin would have to be absolutely flawless in order to get adequate coverage from this foundation, which is to say, there is no point in applying this foundation. I like my becca power foundation, but this one is a total bust. Don't waste your money. If you're looking for an illuminating liquid foundation with sheer to medium coverage, try Diorskin Pure Light.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2007 12:15:00 PM More reviews by onegirlsthoughts

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a fan of Becca's blush, which is why I started looking at their foundation in the first place (I normally use Cover Girl tinted light something-or-other). I have sensitive skin and rosacea and have used this with no problems for 8 months now. I really like it, and while it may not be that much better of a product than drugstore tinted moisturizers/ light foundations (especialy for the $$ price), I do like that it has spf in it and gives my skin a smooth appearance.

The best thing for me is it feels weightless on. I stay away from heavy coverage and foundation that looks "makeup-y." This looks like my skin. If you want medium/ heavy coverage, this isn't for you, but if you want to even/ smooth your color and skin tone, you will probably like this. I'd buy this again unless I found something that worked better for a lower price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2007 8:16:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMamaofTwo

This was way too sheer for me....like wearing an just a face lotion. I usually like light foundations and tinted moisturizers but for me this was ZERO coverage and not worth using. The nude was a good match (Im NC25) but I would not buy this again and in fact have already swapped it. It may work if your skin is near perfect...mine has some reddness to cover and this doesn't do it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2007 12:08:00 AM More reviews by purplesage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very dewy foundation, not everyones cup of tea. It looks lovely on, but is a little oily for my skin. It caused me pimples and congestion, so unfortunately I won't be buying it again, which is a shame cos it looks gorgeous on!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2007 6:07:00 AM More reviews by mypsalms

I just try this today and can not yet tell whether it will cause pimples(as some of you have experienced). But I can promise that it DOES stay almost whole day, and it has been a humid day. The most natural looking ever (if I may say so) in a bottle! Perfect for those summery months when I need only glow and not coverage at day time. I tried this without any powder on just to test on how long it would stay on. I tissued my face off prespiration twice today and the pigment of Becca LSC stay true. But I happen to have those rare 'perfect complexion' moment these last couple days,so I can't really say whether or not it covers redness. However I trully believe this is more a tinted moistuizer than foundation and in Australia I get a huge advantage off the SPF25. So far I've been faithful to my Stephane Marais Cream foundation; But there are times when a girl just refuse to have a made up looked face but also not too bare a face. At this particular moment she wants to show off her 'nice' side of the complexion,that is where Becca play that part. Still me but nicer :)
=UPDATE= I find myself reaching for this bottle a lot. It's not cuasing pimples or any rashes for my skin. I absolutely adore the texture and blend of this tinted moisturiser. Love it and will keep buying as lomg as they keep the texture.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2007 3:39:00 AM More reviews by crazykatgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What it is:

Luminous Skin Color SPF 20+

The Claim:

Luminous Skin Color is an ultra sheer foundation/tinted moisturizer that visibly improves the complexion, yet looks incredibly natural on the skin. It is multipurpose, offering skincare, makeup, and sun protection. It boasts a high SPF of 20+ that protects against over 96% of both UVA and UVB rays.

Price:

$40.00 each for 50 ml./ 1.7fl.oz. of product

Ingredients:

Toast:

Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Homosalate, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado Oil Unsaponifiables), Glycerin, Kaolin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Magnesium Myristate, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum, Talc, Cocoglycerides, (dl-alpha-) Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cyclomethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Palmitate, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Glycine, Fructose, Urea, Niacinamide, Inositol, Sodium Benzoate, Lactic Acid, Allantoin, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Parfum (Fragrance).

May Contain:

+/- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007.

My coloring and skin type:

* MAC NC20-25
* Stila Shade D
* Bare Escentuals Medium Beige
* Sephora D22
* very oily

I've always been interested in trying Becca products as I've read many good things about the foundations and a few other products. So, I finally decided to give it a try, and purchased this in "Toast."

The consistency is nice, creamy, not too thick, and feels really nice, almost soothing. I feel this is due to the avocado oil and allantoin in the moisturizing formula.

It's a bit thicker than most tinted moisturizers I've encountered, which is several, but a bit lighter than most foundations I've come across.

I like light coverage, so I just use one pump from the bottle and apply using my MAC 187 stippling/skunk brush.

The coverage is nice and natural, very buildable, with no caking.

I also really like the that it has SPF25+ (despite what the claim says, the box reads SPF25+). This has not caused any irritation to my skin, which of course, is a bonus.

I really like that it's in a slim pump top bottle to keep the product as sanitary as possible, and that it has a simple, clean design. The double cap to ensure further cleanliness is nice too, imho. =)

I'm very impressed with this product.

Update 02/15/2007: Unfortunately, this did end up breaking me out, afterall. I thought that it wouldn't since most things that irritate my skin show up by the end of the night on the day I've tried it; however, this one took about a week. I started getting cystic acne, and once I stopped using this, the acne didn't get worse; two days of not using it, the acne began to clear up, slowly.
This may be due to my very oily skin, and so this product is just too rich in emoillients for my skin to handle well.
It may work great on other skin types, but I had to take this back.

continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2007 5:33:00 PM More reviews by la_petite_pipistrelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A really top quality light foundation—I'm a little puzzled by the reviews of the LSC as a tinted moisturiser, because I found the coverage was actually surprisingly pigmented, more so certainly than either the Prescriptives Traceless or the Stephàne Marais fluid foundation! The finish is *beautiful* and (when properly colour-matched) the effect truly is of naturally luminous (not greasy! not shimmery! not glittery or sparkly!) skin. I found lasting power quite good (I paired this with a silicon based primer), especially when set round the T-zone with a light dusting of translucent powder. It gave my dry skin a healthy glow, and didn't break me out (that said, I am not prone to breakouts). The only reason I've held off from purchasing a full size is the clinging scent of this product. It's certainly not bad; quite the contrary, it is a light and very pleasant fragrance... but the quietly pervasive quality began to give me a headache ere the day was over. Such a shame, because I really loved the high quality, silky texture and amazing finish!