August 22, 2014 | 2031 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by cherrybaby240

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I adore this product. Its seriously the best drugstore deodorant that i have tried. Before I tried this product, i had a major sweating problem. I blew it off as hormones, no big deal but when i started sweating and having major B.O. in the dead of winter, I realized it was time to do something. I got this on a whim, thinking i would just contribute it to the pile of useless, non working deodorants that break my heart whenever i look at them. This really surprised me, i put this on and in the extreme summer heat I found that i didnt sweat under my arms. At all. I was shocked. This product is amazing.
Pros:
-No scent!
-72 hour protection- great!
-less sweating= less B.O.
-Price!?

Cons:
-the rollerball drips like crazy
-IT BURNS, oh how it burns and stings ur armpits but its worth. Beauty is pain. Il tolerate some stinging rather than stinkiness!
-Another con, that i have just recently discovered is on my left underarm, i developed something that looks like a rash. It doesnt itch, its just an extreme irritation.. im guessing. Im not quite sure whether its from this deoderant or from dry shaving (I know, I know.. not good) or a combo of both. Regardless, i wont stop using it, because it does exactly what i want a deoderant to do, make me look and smell fresh, clean and non-sweaty!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by txbelle

This is the best deodorant Ive ever tried, this is the only product Ive ever reviewed. I sweat even when Im not hot and sweaty.

Price: $5 (cheap)

Packaging: plain clinical looking box, basic roller deodorant product (I dont care about packaging if something works)

Deodorant*
Pros: keeps me dry and sweat free*
Cons: Itches and stings for about 10-20 minutes after application** doesnt seem to smell or anything.

* as long as I use is. The key is to apply it after a shower and again in the morning (I apply a regular deodorant in the morning just in case because Im not sure if over use will cause irritation.

** It itches and stings but does not cause me actual irritation/redness/skin problems, so my dermatologist and allergist said I could use it.

Bottom line: if you have excessive sweat the pro's outweigh the con, its cheap so its worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Sleepy4956

Amazing product. Before this product I had a very serious sweating problem, now pitting out is the furthest thing from my mind. It does burn quite a bit if you apply after shaving. One bottle will last a very very long time, I use this probably once or twice a month. I don't think I could live without this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

This stuff is life-changing. I used to only wear printed tops in the summer or things that would disguise sweat marks. My problem was mainly on one side, both pits didn't even sweat equally! I think I started using Certain-Dri about 10 years ago? I remember buying it online, because stores didn't carry it much back then. It does sting, and it did cause itching, but it went away when you shower in the morning. It almost completely stopped the sweating! I am to the point where I only have to use it about once a week and I almost never have any perspiration. Just amazing not to have to worry or think about it! I do use Arm and Hammer antiperspirant/deodorant each morning, but Certain Dri is the real sweat zapper.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wish someone told me about this product sooner. I sweat. A lot. I could feel perfectly fine everywhere else and it could be 0 degrees outside and my underarms would still be sweating like crazy. I was online searching for something that would help although I had pretty much given up on deodorants. But I stumbled upon this product and immediately went to my drugstore to get it. This absolutely works. It works so great I no longer think twice about putting on a gray shirt in the summer. This is a must have for me now. I use it everyday other day and it is still effective. I no longer have an issue with sweaty armpits and sweat stains.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by adriann1973

Let me just say that I have always been a sweater. Since my Dr put me on Adderall for attention issues it has gotten much worse. Certain Dri Roll on is incredible!! I do have to put it on 2 nights in a row before I get the wetness protection but I notice a small difference after the first night. That being said, I went to get a new bottle and saw they had a solid so I went for that. BOO. It does very little. Not sure why since it has the same ingredients but I have used it 4 nights in a row and still sweating like a pig. I have to shove rolled up kleenex in my pits at work so I can avoid the sweat rings and that KILLS the sexy look for a night out on the town. It's a bit expensive (depending on where you get it) but I am going today to shell out another $7 for the roll-on since the solid sucks. The roll on rocks!

P.S. I do not have the stinging issue others do. I can feel it a small bit if i use every single night but nothing unbearable. But beware because it seals your pores to keep you from sweating...that's how it works. There are lymph nodes in your armpits and they can get clogged and form cysts. I didn't notice until in the shower one day and felt something like a golf ball way under the skin in my pit. Granted I had a blast popping the thing (I am disgusting like that lol but armpit zits/cysts can hold LOTS of stuff in them...insane amounts...sorry TMI) Could have been a coincidence but since I had been using the stuff all that week and because of the way it works I have concluded that's what caused it. Just FYI

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by mrosen3030

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an antiperspirant you apply at night and it controls pit sweat the next day. You can go for several days in between using it.

I sweat a lot during the summer. A LOT. And although I still have armpit sweat when I use this product it is nothing like when I don't use it.

The cons: It stings like hell when I put it on. I DEFINITELY do not use it on days where I shaved under my arms, because the stinging is almost unbearable.

Another con: since it is an antiperspirant, it doesn't control odor. SO, I have to apply a deodorant during the day to help with that problem.

All in all, Certain Dri is the best "clinical" strength product I have tried. ...Secret Clinical was more expensive and didn't touch my perspiration problem. I'll keep buying this and working with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Astarael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I gave this a high rating and yet I wouldn't buy it again. It does what it claims to, oh yes - I don't sweat a drop with this. But I have sensitive armpits anyway, and this stuff is absolutely, intolerably itchy. This is extreme itchiness you can't ignore kind of itchiness. But enough of it managed to sink in before I itched my armpits into oblivion the several times I applied it - I kept hoping the itchiness would go away - and it did work, wonderfully. I don't sweat excessively, but I get odor easily. And when I didn't sweat? I got no odor.

I think this is worth a shot for everyone and is a great product. I can't use it, but if you can, you will love it. Especially if you do have trouble with excessive sweating, you must try this.

Edit: Tried the STICK version. MUCH more tolerable and same effectiveness! If you can't tolerate this, try that!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Lizzieloveslipgloss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

A must have for girls with extreme wetness and odor. I cannot live without this. Works better than any clinical deodorant. Just wish the bottle was bigger to hold more product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by ashley92504

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If only I had known about this earlier. I bought the certain dri roll on which retails around $7 in my area.

this really does help with underarm sweating. I normally can sweat through two shirts layered if i am anxious, under pressure, etc.

In those situations now my underarms just get a little moist, so it hasnīt completely made my underarms desert dry.

I was a little nervous about my underarms feeling itchy, or being too sensitive but that never happened. They never felt itchy dry and i never got any type of reaction to this product.

I use this at night and in the morning i put on a deodorant that i like the smell of!