Certain Dri

4.4

Active ingredient: Aluminum Chloride 12%. Inactive ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Water.

on 9/5/2011 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

It's the most irritating product I have ever used and I don't even have sensitive skin. It's truly leaves me raw, dry, itchy and disgusting. I wish I could use this, but I can't. It burns and itches so bad I cannot sleep at night. I wake up in the middle of the night itching. I scratch my armpits in my sleep, as well.

It's terrible. I have no idea how people get past the irritation.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This has CHANGED MY LIFE!! I have always had an issue with "underarm perspiration"... like, not even because I was nervous or hot or anything, I just thought it was something I had to live with. When I went shopping, I would try to only buy things that wouldn't show my sweat. And when I think about how much money I have spent on tops that I ended up having throw away anyway because of permanent "discoloration" (sounds so much better than pit stains, haha) ... well, I just really really wish I knew about this product a long time ago. I can wear whatever I want!! <3

I apply it before bedtime. At first it was every night but now it's just once or twice a week. I don't use right after shaving .. or even a few hours after shaving. I usually shave in the morning, so it works out. And I have not had a problem with irritation yet.

on 7/29/2011 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

>Use this and you won't sweat AT ALL in the arm pit area.

holy grail? -- H*LL YEaH!

and I don't care if this is really bad for my body..to me it's worth it....not having sweat marks on your tops.

Couldn't be more happy!
I am so glad this is available WITHOUT a prescription..that would be embarrassing.....
the roll on is clear too... wonderful

and I got over the "embarrassment" of buying this product a LONG TIME AGO (that and "feminine products" too haha)...

on 7/29/2011 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I wish this would have worked for me.
First of all, it stings like nothing else in this world. And then it hurts. Just hurts so much. The skin is also red and scaly. When I moved my arms, it's as if my underarms were on fire. I couldn't sleep. However, some people here say you have to adjust to it, so I kept on going with it. I would put it on every 2 nights, lose sleep because of the pain, but hope that it would work.
Well, it didn't. I don't sweat too too much, but it's still enough to make my deo begin to not work as well by noon. (i've tried many many deo's).
I'm really sad. Last night was the last time I'd try it. It hurts as I'm writing this.
I hope others don't experience the same thing as me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This deodorant proves that you don't need a lot of advertising or testimonials to prove a product works. Often just sticking out from the rest just helps. I came to this by surprise I don't suffer from excessive sweating or just sweating under my arms. Only when I work out. My malady is smell. But this worked great when I was working out, as I didn't sweat under my arms period. I would never buy it for myself, as it made my armpits too dry for comfort.

However, this works brilliantly for my Mami. She does suffer from excessive sweating underneath her arms. She is so happy and confident wearing her favorite sleeveless blouses and shirts.She likes the roll on version best. She tried many deodorants before and this is the only thing that worked. This worked great for my younger brother too, as he has the same problem. His shirts no longer have that telltale yellow stain armpit stains. He prefer the stick version. He used Old Spice before, but threw them out after a day of this. He recommended it to his friends, and his best friends love it too. Now when we have them over we don't see the stains either. Win win for all of us. Again, if you have a problem with smell in that area, I don't think this is for you. Try Crystal, I discovered that a week ago, and I am relieved. To those who worry about sweat, don't be ashamed. Get this and seal that problem. You owe it to yourself. The price is great and readily available. I usually find it at Walgreens. I haven't seen it anywhere else. Good luck!

on 7/28/2011 1:24:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This product is great. One application tends to last me 5-7 days although I do use a deodorant in the mornings. It feels great not to have to change my shirt throughout the day in the humid summer months. I am very careful to not apply this after shaving to avoid the burning but I have experienced a bit of itchiness and lotion helps calm it.

on 7/14/2011 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

If you would have told me that I would go to my Cardio and Yoga class with no deoderant, I wouldn't have believed you. Certain Dri is a miracle product. Directions say to apply at night. The first week apply every night, then every other day. Since I have been using this for months, I only need it every 3rd day. The trick is to use a *very SMALL* amount, or it will sting. Turn the product upside-down to get it on the rollerball, then apply upright!! No need to turn upside-down twice, once will cover both armpits. I haven't sweat for months since I've started using this. I still use a smidge of clear gel deoderant in the morning, but I don't need to. Old habits are hard-to-break. No more carrying mini-deoderants in my purse or gym bag. And for $5.00 US dollars, it's a bargain.

I adore this product. Its seriously the best drugstore deodorant that i have tried. Before I tried this product, i had a major sweating problem. I blew it off as hormones, no big deal but when i started sweating and having major B.O. in the dead of winter, I realized it was time to do something. I got this on a whim, thinking i would just contribute it to the pile of useless, non working deodorants that break my heart whenever i look at them. This really surprised me, i put this on and in the extreme summer heat I found that i didnt sweat under my arms. At all. I was shocked. This product is amazing.
Pros:
-No scent!
-72 hour protection- great!
-less sweating= less B.O.
-Price!?

Cons:
-the rollerball drips like crazy
-IT BURNS, oh how it burns and stings ur armpits but its worth. Beauty is pain. Il tolerate some stinging rather than stinkiness!
-Another con, that i have just recently discovered is on my left underarm, i developed something that looks like a rash. It doesnt itch, its just an extreme irritation.. im guessing. Im not quite sure whether its from this deoderant or from dry shaving (I know, I know.. not good) or a combo of both. Regardless, i wont stop using it, because it does exactly what i want a deoderant to do, make me look and smell fresh, clean and non-sweaty!

on 6/19/2011 3:35:00 PM

This is the best deodorant Ive ever tried, this is the only product Ive ever reviewed. I sweat even when Im not hot and sweaty.

Price: $5 (cheap)

Packaging: plain clinical looking box, basic roller deodorant product (I dont care about packaging if something works)

Deodorant*
Pros: keeps me dry and sweat free*
Cons: Itches and stings for about 10-20 minutes after application** doesnt seem to smell or anything.

* as long as I use is. The key is to apply it after a shower and again in the morning (I apply a regular deodorant in the morning just in case because Im not sure if over use will cause irritation.

** It itches and stings but does not cause me actual irritation/redness/skin problems, so my dermatologist and allergist said I could use it.

Bottom line: if you have excessive sweat the pro's outweigh the con, its cheap so its worth a try.

on 6/4/2011 4:39:00 PM

Amazing product. Before this product I had a very serious sweating problem, now pitting out is the furthest thing from my mind. It does burn quite a bit if you apply after shaving. One bottle will last a very very long time, I use this probably once or twice a month. I don't think I could live without this product.