Lansinoh Lanolin

100% pure lanolin

on 7/19/2011 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I use this for my lips and elbow as I don't nurse or have children.

It's very effective at helping to protect and retain moisture and I find that my dry areas are back to normal in a little as 2 nights.

I would repurchase.

on 7/3/2011 12:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was recommended to try this product when my lips became super dry and chapped when I started a new BC. I tried lip balm, aquaphor, Vaseline, eczema ointment, and neosporin. When this was recommended to me, I was a little freaked out. Who first thought to put nipple ointment on their lips?! Well I'm thankful I tried this because it definitely healed my lips overnight. Like others have said, it's very thick and it only takes a small amount. I dont mind the packaging. They must have changed it because i have had no issues getting the product out. If you have tried *everything* and nothing has worked, I recommend this product for lips. I'm sure it's great for what it's intended, but I don't have children so I wouldn't know! It cost me $13 at walgreens which is a little pricey but it's a ton of product so it will last forever for sure.

on 6/19/2011 7:44:00 AM

Kudos to Fatang below for her review cautioning that just because it is natural doesn't mean it is ok for sensitive skin. For those of you complaining this causes itchiness, peeling, redness or anything, you may have a lanolin allergy. I am allergic to lanolin. Now the package insert claims even if you are allergic to lanolin you can use this lanolin because it is so purified. (Actually, this lanolin is so purified, it isn't that natural ;) This may be true, but I always tread lightly where lanolin is involved. And also, even if you don't have a reaction to THIS, lanolin product, you may have a reaction to less quality ones. As others have indicated when talking of drier cracked lips, irritation, you CAN still have a reaction to this product no matter how good it is. Like I said, tread lightly and when it comes to lanolin, don't make mass assumptions. It looks like each product case has to be handled individually depending on the quality / purity of the product/lanolin.

on 6/19/2011 3:03:00 AM

Really great for moisturizing very parched lips, but a caution to sensitive-skinned/allergy-prone gals: test it out in small amounts before you commit to slathering your lips. While most of the people I know who have tried this product absolutely loved it, some experienced itchyness, blotchiness, or redness. Just because it's natural doesn't mean that you're safe from having a reaction.

on 5/28/2011 10:13:00 AM

I would have never found this product if it wasn't for the amazing MUA reviews! I use it for dry lips and it is seriously the BEST stuff I have ever used, EVER. And I have tried every single lip stuff you can imagine... This is really the only product that seems to truly moisturize and last. You need something else for SPF during the day, but for truly making your lips soft and shiny, this is it!

on 5/18/2011 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm another happy mum who thankfully found this miracle stuff which saved my extremely sore nipples when breastfeeding. Never thought to use this on my lips but now that I'm expecting again as soon as I buy some, I'm going to try it! Wonderful product!

I found out about this product in Makeup alley, after looking at the MUA Top Picks and decided to give it a shot. WOW! My lips are amazingly soft all the time and many people have told me they look softer...I use this after exfoliating using a wet washcloth right before I go to bed. The result=soft lips all day.

on 5/18/2011 12:02:00 PM

Another miracle brought by MUA! All natural lipbalm that moisturizes like no other! It may seem expensive at first, but the tube will last you foreverrrrr!! MUST BUY :)

on 5/18/2011 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

All my life I have suffered with chapped lips. I have tried everything…. Everything, cheap and very expensive. I had my daughter and bought this for my nipples. Once she stopped breast-feeding I did not now what to do with it, so I put it on my hands and lips before bedtime. My lips have changed drastically. I will never stop using this product.

on 4/5/2011 8:28:00 PM

The ONLY thing that stays on my lips overnight. Don't be surprised when people want to make out with you all the time because your lips look so good from using this.

Popular Lip Treatments