December 18, 2014 | 1245 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Exact Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 4:20:00 AM More reviews by vdo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I haven't found my HG mascara, but in the meantime I'll be using lash exact. I find that waterproof mascaras hold the curl a lot better than non-waterproof versions (something about the wax maybe?). Lash exact is no exception. I use this with my Shiseido curler and my lashes stay curled ALL day.

I like that this mascara tube isn't huge (like some other ones) but I don't think I like the rubber wand. Even though it says that it doesn't clump on the brush, I usually have to scrape the brush a few times before applying to get rid of clumps. To prevent clumps on my lashes I always wiggle the wand at the base of my lashes then rotate the wand as you go up. You can also separate your lashes with a lash comb afterward (which I sometimes have to do with this mascara).

Lash Exact lengthens really well (it's really noticeable on your bottom lashes) but I don't think it adds a lot of volume. I don't really look for volume in my everyday mascara though. I haven't had any problems at all with smudging or flaking.

All in all, I think Lash Exact is a really good every day mascara and is totally worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by psh129

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely GREAT! Doesn't smudge, holds curll all day. Might need to scrape some off brush before putting on lashes. The first ever mascara to hold the curl and NOT droop.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2009 2:27:00 PM More reviews by katie_alti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this expecting it to be my daily mascara, something to put on for work to look natural. To my surprise this mascara makes my lashes look like falsies. My SO, friends, even strangers have made comments on my lashes. I think the reason is the mascara's uncanny ability to hold a curl. I have long lashes but they grow downward. This is the first mascara that actually holds the curl for me as it is immediately after using the lash curler. All other mascaras eventually droop, but this one keeps them standing tall. Plus it does add a decent amount of length. The combination of the curl and added length are incredible. It doesn't clump, either.
Edit 3/27: The more I use this the more I wish it added some volume. I layer a volumizing mascara over it for a dramatic look. But this still ca't be beat for how well it adds a curl.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2009 9:45:00 PM More reviews by sabrina7

This mascara surprised me because when this and the volume exact first came out I had bought the volume one and it flaked like no other, but this one does not flake at all. Although to be fair I was wearing regular washable mascara at the time and that is what I had purchased in the volume exact, so maybe it's just the waterproof that does not flake. I have very long lashes that are stick straight and supper thin, so it's hard to find a mascara that will give me some structure without making my lashes look like little twisted sticks (no twisted sticks with this one). I like this mascara because if I fall asleep in it I don't wake up with puffy eyes and a big mess of flakes and smears. I'm thinking about giving the volume exact another shot because this one just doesn't give me the volume I need. As with anything not any one thing is going to work for everyone, that's why there are so many different products.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by alicatgirl93

To start off with, I love waterproof mascaras. I have extremely oily eyelids and skin, and because I have sensitive eyes and wear contact lenses, my eyes water like crazy throughout the day. In addition, I am extremely active and run around a lot. I also like swimming, so finding a dependable waterproof mascara is a must for me.

Therefore, I was pleasantly surprised to find Lash Exact, which I have repurchased two times already. I use it on my top lashes only and it stays on all day (as in 12 hours or longer) with no smudging or raccoon eyes. For me, this is a miracle. While it is difficult to remove without also taking off your eye lashes, all you really need is a good eye make up remover. I really like the Sonia Kashuk brand - simply soak a cotton ball and press it to your eye lashes for several seconds, then gently and carefully rub the mascara off.

Now, let's get to the appearance. If you want really really dramatic eye lashes that make it look as if you're wearing falsies, this may not be the brand for you. However, it does give my short, stick straight eye lashes a definite oomph. I simply curl my eye lashes, then apply this. My eye lashes are longer, much darker, thicker, and almost doll like.

If you are like me and can not find a waterproof mascara that truly lives up to its name and prefer a natural look, I would highly recommend getting this mascara. At a drug store price, you can't go wrong.
I hope this helped you make your decision. :D

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2009 11:13:00 AM More reviews by geekischic468

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Loving Covergirl's Volume Exact Mascara, I thought that this newer version would be even more impressive. Wrong! After shelling out around nine dollars for a DRUGSTORE mascara, it's safe to say I was more than disappointed. This mascara dried by clumping all my lashes together with it's extremely gooey texture. It was absolutely disgusting. If you're considering buying it, do yourself a favor and DON"T!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by unseelie_fae

The good: really, truly waterproof. Non clumpy. Swimming, clubbing, working out, this is your mascara.

The bad: Very difficult to remove, and can have a somewhat tacky surface on your lashes.

The reason I will probably repurchase is I have wasted so much money trying other waterproof mascaras and so far they have all really sucked.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 2:34:00 PM More reviews by uplate6674

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I get decent but not amazing length and good definition without clumping or looking fake. The brush is smaller than Lash Blast Original Waterproof, as is the handle part of the wand, which was an adjustment after having switched to bigger, stiffer wands for a while. The brush is rubbery and bendy and hard to control. It used to be my HG, although I've been loving trying different mascaras lately, and it rarely clumps much even with multiple coats. My lashes look longer but not much thicker with this, and it stays on all day long without smearing or flaking. It is very, very waterproof and hence difficult to remove without an oil or silicone biphasil remover, but that's no big deal for me right now, as I prefer very water-resistant mascaras. Probably not the best choice if you're looking for much thicker lashes, but is pretty good for clear, unclumped definition. I intend to keep it in my rotation, but it probably won't go back to being my regular HG mascara given the harder-to-control wand.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2009 5:21:00 AM More reviews by RachelBaDayChel

stays on all day, doesn't clump, and holds a curl. its really waterproof..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Love2bestar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara, its great for an everyday lashes. it separates and lenghtens them, it never clumps or anythiin. So its awesome. if ur lookin for volumizing, this may not b the mascara for u. i have really short straight lashes and this mascara makes them look longer. and this IS waterproof, like it WILL NOT come off with water or anything. so b4 u get this, u might want to invest in a good eye makeup remover, i use lancome bifacial eye makeup remover, neutrogena's eyemakeup remover is good too. but anyways, this is a great mascara over all. i just wish that i dont have 2 get waterproof mascara in everythin, cuz regular mascara never holds my eyelash curls, only waterproof mascara do. but watever. get this!
*i probaly will not by this again bcuz i like to try out new things, but if i cant find anything i like more than this i definately would buy it again*