October 25, 2014 | 1358 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Emmylou28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hg status. I bought this last year after hearing all the hype on YouTube. I can't believe I used those little white makeup sponges!!! I have 2 beauty blenders, one for a backup. The one I use daily has developed little tears and I'm not sure if it's from getting wet and expanding so much, or if that is normal for this product. I use loreal true match foundation and nyx hd photogenic concealer both of which are flawless in a flash. I clean mine once a week with olive oil and dish soap. I just don't like buying "specifically made for this" kind of cleaners when I can use things around my home! I think some people are unsure of how to use this correctly and I have seen people use it dry. To get maximum power from this, USE IT DAMP!! I will buy forever and ever and will be very sad if I have to go back to not beauty blender sponges :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Northstar5

Love this and the white one (Pure), and I just want to say I found the perfect way to clean it. My white one was getting full of makeup stains that I could not get out even after one single use. So I finally decided to try a facial cleansing oil, and oh wow, it will make it PERFECTLY clean, looking like new. My Pure beauty blender has gone from brown from foundation to looking brand new.

It was also a good test of cleansing oils. At home I have Clinique TTDO oil, Josie Maran argan oil cleanser, DHC, and Softymo. Softymo did not get rid of it that well, but TTDO, DHC and Josie Maran really did. The Clinique worked the best. Just massage if into your beautyblender either right after using it or later that day when it's dry, massage it in, emulsify with water, rinse rinse rinse, and finish off with any decent foaming cleanser (free of fragrance or alcohol preferably, just like for your face!).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Jordanxoxxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried a few sponges but for some reason I just had to get THE Beauty Blender. I do love the airbrush finish it gives, Although, the sponge itself soaks up most of my foundation. I found that I had to use more pumps of my smashbox halo foundation compared to the sponge I was using. I think the sponge is ideal for thicker foundation. I really do love the way it applies my foundation I just hate how much product I have to use. 20$ is a little pricey for a sponge to me but it does do the job very well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

So I finally bit the bullet and bought the duo set for this. Previously I avoided it because of the cost and purchased a CVS dupe that sucked and then Real techniques. I LOVE RT dupe and after using the BB now, I feel like they are just about one in the same.

I saw no noticeable different in application between the two. BB doesn't feel identical when you squeeze it, it's more bouncy. RT take a second or two to fully form again. BB is a slightly different shape and a tiny bit smaller. RT has a slant on it that I prefer for more precise application, but it's not a deal breaker.

BOTH are exceptional sponges and changed the way I use makeup. I will never go back to brushes again. These have renewed some love with foundations I skipped before because I could not get the application right on my face with the brushes. It just blends it all out like skin and looks airbrushed.

I hope this info helps because I was really trying to find the differences between the two before I broke down and bought the BB finally. No real difference and the RT is $5.99. If you do splurge like I did, go for the BB Duo instead of buying it single. It comes out cheaper in the long run. I paid $26.99 for two. One is 19.99.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by twee420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was apprehensive about spending 20 on a sponge,

...but...

I seriously don't know how I lived without this in my life. It applies liquid foundation (never used it with powder, prefer a brush for that) flawlessly. It is seriously amazing and has cut my foundation/concealer application time in half and I use way less product. I love the smaller side for smaller areas like on the inside of the eyes and corners of the nose and the larger part for the whole face.

It's super easy to clean, and you do not have to buy their special brush cleaner, a mild/gentle soap will do. I use my johnson's baby shampoo and it cleans it great. Some foundations will stain it and they are impossible to get out, but that's not a huge deal to me, as long as it actually comes clean, which is does.

I highly recommend this product and cannot say enough good things about it. I will definitely be repurchasing this again when I need to.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by meganlovesyooou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you've been curious and really want to know...YES, this is worth it. In the grand scheme of things, $27 isn't super expensive, but when you realize you're dropping that much on a sponge, you start to feel like maybe this is all a little excessive. But trust me, it's not.

The Beauty Blender is completely unmatchable, no knockoffs have the same texture or bounce. When dampened and used in a press-and-roll motion, the Beauty Blender will completely smooth out the TEXTURE of your makeup without taking away the COVERAGE. This means you can use fuller-coverage foundations without the fear of them looking cakey or overdone. The Beauty Blender is also awesome for applying concealer and cream blushes/bronzers. I also like to use one to blend out powder blushes/highlights/bronzers after they've been placed with a brush.

I can usually make one of these stretch half a year with daily cleaning (the solid Beauty Blender cleanser is the bomb, and works well on regular brushes!!) and proper storage, and makes my foundations look so good that $60 a year doesn't seem so bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by glockgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this sponge....works great! Makeup looks flawless! Which i would hadn't purchased it sooner! Kind of expensive...but worth it in the end....you won't be sorry!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Extraordinary! Who would think a sponge could be unique? Well, this one is. When this first came out, I thought, "Who in their right mind would pay $$$$ for a SPONGE?" I kept hearing about this one, though, so I bought several brands of "imitation beautyblenders" (Sephora, Camera Ready, IT Cosmetics, Sonia Kashuk, Real Techniques, Studio Basics, Stila, and probably others). Observing Beautyblender having remained popular (and clearly, unmatched) for years, and noticing that people are quite willing to pay $$$$ for it, eventually clued me in to the fact that this is a special sponge.

After one use I slapped myself upside the head for waiting so long to buy this. I'm certain I spent 10x the cost of one Beautyblender on those numerous knock-off that would up getting tossed away.

SO much has been said about how this sponge works, etc., that I won't bother with those details. I just want to emphasize that this really is an amazing product and I look like I've had makeup professionally applied every single day!

I wash my sponge right after use, so it stays pink and pretty. I tried one of the white ones, but it looked dirty too quickly and I couldn't get all the foundation out of it. The pink ones stay fresh-looking for months. Beautyblender's liquid cleaner is useless for removing my makeup (maybe because I usually wear Face & Body makeup?) but Beautyblender's solid cleaner works like magic.

All in all, this sponge isn't as expensive as it seems because it can be used to apply any kind of makeup. Plus, it outlasts by 4 or 5 times the cheaper makeup sponges. I wash my sponges after each use, and they always stay bright pink and they don't stain.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by Missylou80

This product wasn't bad. But IT IS WAY TO GOSH DARN F***ING EXPENSIVE!! I paid $27 for a damn egg shaped sponge. A SPONGE!!! I know, I sound crazy, paying that much for a damn makeup sponge. But alas, I did. It wasn't a bad sponge, I quite enjoy it. But I don't need it to complete my life. I found a similar looking makeup sponge at the drugstore that I will be purchasing from now on because I don't want to go bankrupt over a damn little egg shaped sponge. But if you own a house in Beverly Hills and own 6 Mercedes, then you can continue buying and using this sponge.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by verkkis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had such high expectations for this product after seeing all the YouTube-clips and reading the good reviews, so when I finally purchased the product, I got really disappointed. I really did not notice any difference to other sponges. At least for me it did not work at all. I will therefore keep using a brush ;) only way to get a beautiful base!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No