October 30, 2014 | 1590 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 5:36:00 AM More reviews by krystleclear

This is such a miracle product! It took me a long time to finally purchase one because who in their right mind would spend this much on a sponge. But my curiosity got the better of me because I would always see makeup artists and celebrities recommending this tool for applying makeup.
The first time I used it I immediately fell in love. It helps my undereye concealer not to become cakey. It also gives my base makeup a natural finish. I really love the fact that it gives a sheer and natural finish to my makeup. It's so convenient to use when placing makeup in the grooves of my face (undereyes, nose edges and mouth corners). Another thing I love is that it's so much faster to apply makeup compared to makeup brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by lisa1991

This sponge is just amazing! I was hesitating to buy it because I thought it cost alot of money (about 15 euros) and I didnt believe it was worth the money. After trying some BB dupes I decided to buy it anyway. I did not purchase the cleanser because you can easily clean it with babyshampoo.

The first time using the BB I noticed that I had to use more foundation to get good coverage. So now I apply my foundation with the Real Techniques Expert face brush which is amazing aswell. I use the beautyblender to set my under-eye concealer. It has made my makeup look alot more flawless and I just love it.

I would definetly buy the BB again I just love it and recommend it to everyone!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 4:21:00 AM More reviews by raggie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I honestly think it was unjust to buy a ridiculously overhyped makeup sponge for such a high price, but it was a good purchase nonetheless. I have the black ones (duo set) because I think pink is too girly for my liking and black is actually easier to wash since I can actually see if the sponge is clean or not.

The BAs were constantly coaxing me to buy the liquid cleanser as well, but I was not buying it just because I simply think baby shampoo could wash my brushes, so could this sponge. It is a lot more difficult to clean, but I rather take the effort and do some hand squeezes on the sponge than buying a ridiculously expensive cleanser for a sponge.

To people who said that this sponge don't absorb products, you are bullshitting just because it still does absorb but not excessively. I mean, I love it because it thins out my foundation when I want the "no make up" make up look. It keeps the foundation looking natural but I definitely do use a little more product than usual and I dabbed the product on with my fingers instead of the sponge and it still does absorb quite a bit of product.

I definitely agree with a few reviewers that this sponge does make my makeup regime a little longer than what I can do with brushes but the result is totally worth it. It's because how beautiful the foundation will turn out with using the sponge.

I simply have not understand why people had not used this damp? I always used it damp, just because it expands and providing better coverage.

Honestly, I still find it slightly unnecessary especially if you don't like your tools to consume products as quickly, but I love the sponge no matter just because the end results of the tool gives.

I honestly don't think I need to repurchase any time soon, but I would if I need to.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Emmylou28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hg status. I bought this last year after hearing all the hype on YouTube. I can't believe I used those little white makeup sponges!!! I have 2 beauty blenders, one for a backup. The one I use daily has developed little tears and I'm not sure if it's from getting wet and expanding so much, or if that is normal for this product. I use loreal true match foundation and nyx hd photogenic concealer both of which are flawless in a flash. I clean mine once a week with olive oil and dish soap. I just don't like buying "specifically made for this" kind of cleaners when I can use things around my home! I think some people are unsure of how to use this correctly and I have seen people use it dry. To get maximum power from this, USE IT DAMP!! I will buy forever and ever and will be very sad if I have to go back to not beauty blender sponges :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Northstar5

Love this and the white one (Pure), and I just want to say I found the perfect way to clean it. My white one was getting full of makeup stains that I could not get out even after one single use. So I finally decided to try a facial cleansing oil, and oh wow, it will make it PERFECTLY clean, looking like new. My Pure beauty blender has gone from brown from foundation to looking brand new.

It was also a good test of cleansing oils. At home I have Clinique TTDO oil, Josie Maran argan oil cleanser, DHC, and Softymo. Softymo did not get rid of it that well, but TTDO, DHC and Josie Maran really did. The Clinique worked the best. Just massage if into your beautyblender either right after using it or later that day when it's dry, massage it in, emulsify with water, rinse rinse rinse, and finish off with any decent foaming cleanser (free of fragrance or alcohol preferably, just like for your face!).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Jordanxoxxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried a few sponges but for some reason I just had to get THE Beauty Blender. I do love the airbrush finish it gives, Although, the sponge itself soaks up most of my foundation. I found that I had to use more pumps of my smashbox halo foundation compared to the sponge I was using. I think the sponge is ideal for thicker foundation. I really do love the way it applies my foundation I just hate how much product I have to use. 20$ is a little pricey for a sponge to me but it does do the job very well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

So I finally bit the bullet and bought the duo set for this. Previously I avoided it because of the cost and purchased a CVS dupe that sucked and then Real techniques. I LOVE RT dupe and after using the BB now, I feel like they are just about one in the same.

I saw no noticeable different in application between the two. BB doesn't feel identical when you squeeze it, it's more bouncy. RT take a second or two to fully form again. BB is a slightly different shape and a tiny bit smaller. RT has a slant on it that I prefer for more precise application, but it's not a deal breaker.

BOTH are exceptional sponges and changed the way I use makeup. I will never go back to brushes again. These have renewed some love with foundations I skipped before because I could not get the application right on my face with the brushes. It just blends it all out like skin and looks airbrushed.

I hope this info helps because I was really trying to find the differences between the two before I broke down and bought the BB finally. No real difference and the RT is $5.99. If you do splurge like I did, go for the BB Duo instead of buying it single. It comes out cheaper in the long run. I paid $26.99 for two. One is 19.99.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by twee420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was apprehensive about spending 20 on a sponge,

...but...

I seriously don't know how I lived without this in my life. It applies liquid foundation (never used it with powder, prefer a brush for that) flawlessly. It is seriously amazing and has cut my foundation/concealer application time in half and I use way less product. I love the smaller side for smaller areas like on the inside of the eyes and corners of the nose and the larger part for the whole face.

It's super easy to clean, and you do not have to buy their special brush cleaner, a mild/gentle soap will do. I use my johnson's baby shampoo and it cleans it great. Some foundations will stain it and they are impossible to get out, but that's not a huge deal to me, as long as it actually comes clean, which is does.

I highly recommend this product and cannot say enough good things about it. I will definitely be repurchasing this again when I need to.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by meganlovesyooou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you've been curious and really want to know...YES, this is worth it. In the grand scheme of things, $27 isn't super expensive, but when you realize you're dropping that much on a sponge, you start to feel like maybe this is all a little excessive. But trust me, it's not.

The Beauty Blender is completely unmatchable, no knockoffs have the same texture or bounce. When dampened and used in a press-and-roll motion, the Beauty Blender will completely smooth out the TEXTURE of your makeup without taking away the COVERAGE. This means you can use fuller-coverage foundations without the fear of them looking cakey or overdone. The Beauty Blender is also awesome for applying concealer and cream blushes/bronzers. I also like to use one to blend out powder blushes/highlights/bronzers after they've been placed with a brush.

I can usually make one of these stretch half a year with daily cleaning (the solid Beauty Blender cleanser is the bomb, and works well on regular brushes!!) and proper storage, and makes my foundations look so good that $60 a year doesn't seem so bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by glockgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this sponge....works great! Makeup looks flawless! Which i would hadn't purchased it sooner! Kind of expensive...but worth it in the end....you won't be sorry!