July 29, 2014 | 1130 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by lashandbrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Really great for foundation. I encourage you to try it - especially if you are new to makeup. Goof proof and worst case scenario you can return it. Sephora is great about that.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by feelingcold

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This makes applying foundation idiot proof. I always had a hard time making foundation look natural. The best I could do was using the "pour foundation into hands, rub together, rub all over your face" method. When I used sponges I ended up with lines. When I used brushes the look was mask like. Using my hands wasted a ton of product and always left me with weirdness around my eyebrows and hairline.

The beauty blender puts on a very light, even amount of foundation. You can easily blend out any patches that are too thick. It requires no skill. I've played around with different methods but they all work about the same. Just put some foundation on your hand, dab the beauty blender in it and then bounce it all over you face until it looks good. It's really that easy. I use it to blend out my under eye concealer as well.

I was shocked at how little make up I needed to cover my whole face. I often ran out when using other methods because I was putting it on too thick.

I'm really happy I purchased this. I felt stupid leaving the store with a twenty dollar sponge, but I've used it nearly every time I've put on makeup since. It's improved my overall look more than any other makeup item.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Mihajla

If you are ever in doubt wether to buy this original or a copy, BUY THE ORIGINAL!! Copies cannot even begin to compare to the original beautyblender. I´ve tried copies, and assumed that the original would be the same (they do look pretty similar, I was sure they would do the same job). I didn´t think I would try the original because I assumed that I just didn´t like applying my foundation with sponges. But boy was I wrong. This sponge is amazing, and gives you a finish I only dreamt of before. I keep it under water and sqeeze it as dry as I can before using it, I find that it gives the best results. I also switch between using this and the Sigma F80 as I love both and it just depends on what is my preference that day.

I only use baby shampoo to cleanse it after use, but I am considering purchasing a proper cleansing product as it doesn´t wash away the stains from my MAC pro longwear foundation. Not that it really matters, I just like the clean pink look of it.

I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love everything about this, and cannot recommend this enough. I get a silky, seamless face base every single time. Dampen, pounce, and roll, roll the dabs of foundation I have patted on my face. I work in small sections at a time. The results are exceptional. It cleans off best when the sponge is dried first which makes it convenient to clean each morning before reusing it, since it works best dampened and squeezed out anyway! I have had some last almost a year. Brilliant tool. Girls in my age range and up.,,yeah, you NEED this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this as a gift, and I actually like to use sponges over brushes, or fingers for my liquid foundation, and this is by far the best sponge I've ever tried. I would clean it with baby shampoo after every use for those of you that love it. However, I'm a Master Esthetician, and I know theres really no way of cleaning a sponge. They hold bacteria, and I wouldn't use any sponge on my face for more than a couple uses. It works as good as the little beige, wedge sponges, and since they are so inexpensive you can use them once or twice and throw them away. I won't repurchase.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had this for years before I started using it, once I finally got into it, I loved it! It's great if you have dry skin because it turns all those foundations that apply poorly looking great. The best part is, it saves you cleaning your brushes all the time, I was using flat-tops and those were a pain to clean. This is clean and makes my foundation look like skin.

Totally recommend it, sephora has a two pack which works out out cheaper than buying them individually.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by tofubabiee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love my beautyblender!!!! I have been using it for about 2+ years. And this is my 3rd beauty blender.. its easy to clean. I actually just use baby shampoo or anti bacterial soap... and its soooooo soft when damp. and it makes blending concealer and foundation easy and natural looking. Love my BB!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT!!!
I used to apply my foundation with the sephora brushes or real techniques buffing brush.... BUT no more!!
I love this beauty blender sponge! I just get my sponge damp, pump some foundation on it and dot it around my face and started pouncing the beauty blender all over my face and neck. This makes my makeup look like it was airbrushed on. I've never seen my face look so photoshopped lol I know the price is pretty steep for 1 sponge ($30+tax CDN) but its worth it. Also sephora online has some great beauty blender set deals sometimes.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really do like my beauty blender, I'd heard great things about it for years but kept putting off buying it because of the cost... but I'm really glad I decided to try it. Yes, it is expensive for a sponge, but I honestly don't really consider it a sponge, it's so different than any other sponge type applicator I've ever used. It's such a soft, smooth, fluffy applicator, it really doesn't feel like a sponge at all, especially once it's wet. It gives a very nice, build-able, natural finish when using liquid foundations, I never feel like my make-up is over done when I use this. I also love that it's easy to use, anyone can get great looking foundation with this! I get it soaking wet under warm water, and then wring it out about 4 times to get it as dry as possible, then I dot my foundation over my face with my fingers, and use the rounded, bottom part and bounce it all over my face to get an even, beautiful coverage. I like the pointed tip too because it can get into the corners of my nose, and under eye area very nicely. I would say that the coverage and finish I get with the beauty blender is slightly better than any of the brushes I've used, like the MAC 187. However, I wouldn't go so far to say that this "revolutionized" my make-up, because I think there are foundation brushes out there that can give almost as good results in less time. I don't use the beauty blender every time I do my make-up, only when I really want my make-up to look perfect, since I find it sort of time consuming to use. I wouldn't say this is 100% necessary for everyone, but it's a great tool to have around, especially if you do a lot of face make-up, and work with a lot of liquid products. As far as cleaning goes, I let the make-up dry on the sponge before cleaning it. I put some baby shampoo on it when it's dry, and then wet and squeeze it to get all the product out, and so far that's worked for me. I got a pack of two of these from Sephora for about $35 CDN, I've never tried a dupe so I can't comment on that, all I can say is I like my original beauty blender, and would recommend to anyone who uses lots of liquid products, and wants a natural, but build-able finish. I store mine in a little glass jar with a lid to keep it clean.
UPDATE: I've come to realize how awesome this little guy is for blending out concealer and my under eye brigthening pens, so multipurpose and fast, I can use it for all my cream/liquids! Updated rating to 5 :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Works so well to get foundation into my wrinkles/pores/etc and blending. I like the little plastic case for letting it dry in after washing/rinsing (I leave the lid off.)

CONS: Not the cheapest. I'm always paranoid the pink one is possibly getting a pink tone onto my skin (when I rinse the pink one, a bit of pink seems to still come through, even after many rinses with brush shampoo.) So see alternates regarding the white one.

APPLICATION TIPS: As I said in the "cons," I use brush shampoo and then rinse this and let it dry in its little plastic case, without the lid. I like to apply my foundation with fingers, and then I use a tapping motion to blend the foundation into my large pores and wrinkles, using the moist sponge. (I generally wash this right before using it, each time. But if it's dry, I squeeze it under the running faucet and then squeeze it almost nothing comes out.) I like to use this to apply my hg dewy foundation, MAC tinted moisturizer. (But I apply Loreal's Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting base as a primer before foundation to fill in pores and make it last longer too. I let the primer set for a minute before applying foundation.)

CLEANING TIPS: I like to put this under running water and squeeze so it will soak up water. I then use a brush shampoo (or very gentle baby shampoo) and "squeeze" it into the sponge. I then rinse by squeezing multiple times under the running faucet until it rinses clear/clean. I then squeeze it until almost no water drips out.

ALTERNATES: I've tried some of the cheaper alternates, and they just don't perform the same at blending. I really prefer the white ("Pure") version of this because I'm paranoid the pink one might be bleeding a pink tone onto my skin, even if it's slight.