August 27, 2014 | 1854 users online

Mascara - Avon - Wash off Waterproof mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 5:42:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

for a cheap waterproof mascara, this is okay. is easily washable, and defines the lashes well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2008 9:59:00 PM More reviews by selmf

This mascara was just OK when new, but it did flake and the flake got worse as time went on, I can't say that I would buy this mascara again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2007 3:34:00 PM More reviews by beautyrush13

I just started wearing eye makeup, mostly mascara, and my mom gave this to me. I have this mascara in black. My lashes looked completely different, in a good way, when I put it on. My lashes looked so long, it was amazing. Their color also became darker, which I liked. This product is great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2007 1:32:00 AM More reviews by DaffodilFields

Great stuff at a great price. Seems to hold a curl very well and is waterproof. I'm not too keen on the brush (bristles a bit too sparse imo), but the formula is good so I get minimal clumping. Very simple, nice stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2007 7:38:00 PM More reviews by alkispice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am an Avon and mark representative and have had a lot of trouble finding a great mascara from them. It took me a year to try the Wash-off waterproof, as I just assumed it sucked as bad as most of their mascaras did when I first started selling (since then they've come out with two I love: Daring Curves and Longest Lashes Ever). So anyway, I finally buy Wash-off waterproof when in goes on sale for $1.99 so that I can either recommend it or not to my customers.

I'm really impressed with this wonderful basic mascara. It has a perfectly spooled brush, which comes out clean, not gunky, and is a perfectly dark black *if you buy it in black, of course*. It defined my lashes, imparted modest volume, separation, and curl. I get very minor shading under my eyes at the end of the day, but not enough to deter me from wearing it and buying it. I just haven't gotten bored of this mascara yet, and it's been a couple of months- strange... I definitely choose other mascaras when going out, as I like a vampy look, but this is my can't beat daytime buddy.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2007 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Brandye

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the worst mascara I've ever used. It barely shows on my lashes. I have to brush on about 20 coats to get anything out of it. This is good for a 13 year old just starting to wear makeup as it's very light. I'll never buy again and won't recommend. It's on sale sometimes for $1.99 and it's barely worth that!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2007 9:55:00 PM More reviews by carolynanne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

If your going for dramatic, this isnt for you. This stuff is great for day to day use. It makes my lashes look great. It adds nice length and zero clumps. I have been wearing it all week and havnet had a flaking or smudging episode yet. I dont work, but I have two little ones who have their hands all over my face numerous times throught the day and the mascara stays put.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2007 7:11:00 AM More reviews by crazytazzygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely, positvely cannot stand this mascara. My m-i-l convinced me to try it, as it is her fave, but after several attempts, the results were always the same: flakes, smudges and smears only half-way through my work day! And I work in an air conditioned office!

Will never try again. Not worth the $1.99.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2007 3:21:00 PM More reviews by lailaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

My mother bought it and in need of a water-proof mascara because of my contacts I grabbed it from her. It is a pretty good mascara for just regular days and it personally makes my eyelashes look nice. The consistency is good and provides no clumps. And it does wash-off pretty easily when your washing your face or you can just use an eye makeup remover as well. I honestly like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2007 1:35:00 AM More reviews by iamelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was pleasantly surprised with this product. I absolutely love the brush! The bristles are long which helps the mascara go on virtually clump-free; it's pretty great. This mascara is best for more natural days, as it does not add much volume. It does, however, subtly define the lashes as well as slightly lengthens if you use more than 1 coat. This is great for everyday use, when you want to look natural & pretty, not too done-up. It lasts all day, doesn't smudge, yet still washes off with soap & water. I usually like a more volumizing mascara, but I'll use this for "off" days.