Head and Shoulders Classic Clean Shampoo

3.6

Active Ingredients: Pyrithione Zinc (1, Anti Dandruff)Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycol Distearate, Zinc Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance, Dimethicone, Sodium Benzoate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Magnesium Carbonate Hydroxide, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Blue 1, Red 33

I hope I'm reviewing the right shampoo. The one I have is the original with hydrazinc. I've been applying this on my shoulders and back as an acne treatment (gross, I know). Supposedly the zinc is supposed to treat acne, but I was worried that the sodium laureth sulfate would counteract the effects of the zinc since it can have a tendency to clog pores. The results, however, have been good for me so far. The acne is slowly clearing up with a daily application of the shampoo in the shower. I will update if my skin continues to improve.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Smells so wonderful...like a Starburst flavor. I like the conditioner included as well.

Too bad it contains sulfates, and doesn't help with my dandruff. I've stopped using this shampoo.

Alright, I saw the Hair Mystery commercials and I was curious. So I went to the site, signed up for a free sample, got it in the mail, and tried it. In the shower, it smelled and felt great. It was wonderful once my hair dried, too. I didn't know til they revealed it later in the commercial that it was Head and Shoulders. I don't have dandruff, so I can't really judge how it would work for that. But, needless to say, I was very impressed. I always remember as a little girl, my dad used this stuff and I had a really bad impression of it. I have become somewhat of a shampoo snob as I've grown up, usually using only Redken or Paul Mitchell products. However, after trying the sample, I will not hesitate to buy this product. It was great!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This formula didn't work for me either. I have lots and lots of normal, baby fine hair with tons of body -except when I use this. Even without conditioner it weighs my hair down. I hate it. Too bad it worked on the dandruff... will continue to use on days I wear my hair tied.

I use this all the time. It does help the dandruff, but you have to consistently use it. The only thing I dislike is that it makes my hair kind of dry, so I do not use everytime I shampoo. The smell is great and it's a good alternative to more intensive drandruff shampoos that are very strong on the scalp.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

i do jiu jitsu and am very susceptible to fungal infections from the mats where i train. someone recommended that i use a dandruff shampoo as a bodywash as well as a shamoo a couple times a week as a preventative measure. i tried Nioxin... and it parched my skin and hair after only a couple of uses. i remember using this as a kid and decided to give it another go.

the scent is alot different than it was 20 years ago. i remember when you couldn't tell the difference between Pantene and this shampoo at first sniff. this has more of a floral fragrance than a no-frills clean/detergent-ish scent.

the color and the performance are about the same. after rinsing, it feels like my hair is a tangled mess that is going to be hideously strawlike when it dries. HOWEVER, i normally use a good conditioner with this and the times i haven't, my hair was in decent shape (btw, i flat iron and blowdry my hair).

this shampoo... is compatable with almost every conditioner i've got in my arsenal. Humectress, Pantene, Garnier, Purology, etc.,.... which is pretty impressive, considering the price. i'd buy this again.

I was actually out of shampoo, so I quickly grabbed my brother's "classic clean" shampoo by head and shoulders. Although I initially thought that it might leave my color-treated hair dry, like many of the other reviews, it did quite the opposite. In fact, it left my hair bouncy and free of styling residue. I'd recommend using this shampoo on a weekly basis to cleanse your hair of styling products...it more or less gives your hair a clean slate. (I took 2 points off because of the packaging..it's not a necessarily attractive bottle..but in reality it's dandruff shampoo so who cares).

I really like this shampoo. The men in my family swear by it. One day, when I was out of shampoo, I decided to use this, thinking it would wreak havoc on my hair. Quite the opposite, this shampoo clarified my hair really well ( I use gel, serum and mousse for my curly hair), but did not strip my color treated hair at all. It also made my hair more moisturized and shiny(mind you, I hstill have to use a deep conditioner afterwards). The scent is also fresh. Moreover, I also found it reduced frizz better than than the head and shoulders smooth and silky shampoo, I tried that thinking it would be better; I was wrong, as i much prefer Classic Clean. Will definitely repurchase.

Simply Said, HEAD AND SHOULDERS IS PURE MAGIC...LOVE IT.. MY HG AND THE ONLY THING I TRUST 100% TO MY BROWN LOCKS.

Works better than any expensive salon brand I've tried -- I don't think my hair has been this light and clean for ages!