December 18, 2014 | 1622 users online

Gels/Soaps - Kiss My Face - Olive Oil Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2005 4:36:00 PM More reviews by mugsy

I started using this when I decided to start using all natural, ideally organic, beauty products. This soap is fine for washing both face and body; it doesn't dry out my skin at all. I also like the minimal paper packaging. It's a khaki green color and doesn't smell the best, but I feel great using it and my skin loves it, too. I wanted to add that I also like the low price: $1.99 for small bar and $2.99 for the big bar. No more clogging up the landfills with Cetaphil bottles!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2005 9:49:00 PM More reviews by pinki3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ill have to say that this is dirt cheap and leaves my skin clean. i use it on my face almost everyday and i've been seeing great results. it replaces the expensive DHC olive oil soaps. im lovin this! recommend you other girls try it too. doesn't hurt your skin cause its totally organic.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2005 11:05:00 AM More reviews by courty

normally i can't use any body soap but dove or my skin gets either very dry or develops some kind of irritated rash. but this soap worked well for me. i had originally bought it for my face, but realizing the bar would last too long (as far as bacterial build up) if i used it only on my face, i started using it as a body soap too. as others have mentioned, it might at first feel like its going to strip or dry out your skin, but it actually doesn't- the skin just feels tighter, and softens up a lot. i don't always use this on my face anymore, but i love it as a body bar and will buy again for that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2005 4:03:00 PM More reviews by marhope78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not a great smell, but not bad, either. I use this on my face and body and have had great results. Leaves skin well toned and moisturized (better than any other bar soap I've ever tried) without being greasy at all. Olive oil is awesome for your complexion. Even if you have an oily skin type, I'd recommend this b/c like I said, it's not greasy at all. Does a fine job actually cleansing the skin as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2005 8:32:00 AM More reviews by redhairdreamer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This soap rocks. I think they have one that is Olive Oil and honey too and thats great! Its a bit chunky when you take it out (one large square block) and its kinda awkward to be lathering up with this square block with hard corners, but once it gets worn down its great! The color is dark green but its hidden in my shower so who cares! It makes me feel very moisturised when i come out of the shower and It has a great smell! I found that this soap works great in one of those soap holders with the sponge around it. Then you dont have to wait for it to get smaller and you dont see it =) OH plus it lasts forever and its 3- 4 bucks. Much longer then a 8 dollar bottle of shower gel will.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2005 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Adnegveill3635

New HG. I have this with the Aloe, and my skin has never looked better. Although it does leave my skin feeling a little 'stripped', I kind of like it, lol. At first I used the regular on my body and then after picking this one up thought, "Hmm can't hurt" so tried and am never turning back! My skin just lookes overall brighter and better after 2 weeks of use. I swear that is fading out my acne marks as well. Will def. buy again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2005 11:16:00 AM More reviews by lipcrazy

Very average soap, I purchased the 8 oz. pure olive oil soap bar at wild oats for about $2.00. It is a large rectangular bar, smells like olive oil and is also green in color. At first I was skeptical because in the shower it seemed to have dried out my skin and left it feeling "squeaky". However afterwords my skin felt soft and smooth. It does very quickly turn to mush and that changes the smell quite a bit. Buy the 4 oz. b/c even though it wil not last as long the condition of the bar will stay better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2005 7:58:00 PM More reviews by wwdancegirl1

i have this in the olive and honey bar and just love it! i almost didn't try this soap because i thought it would be greasy oily, but that wasn't the case at all. olive oil is one of the best cleansers out there. this soap is incredibly moisturizing and wonderful for those winter months.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2005 11:38:00 AM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

In my opinion, this is a so-so soap. I think this would be beneficial for those with sensitive skin like my best friend has. I originally used it on my face since I hear that olive oil was good for all skin types. Well my oily, acne prone face thought otherwise. It left a residue on my face that I did not like at all. Well it became a body soap. It was an okay soap in general but I such a scent whore anyways and I not too keen on this color. Fortunately I bought this soap on sale at a local health food store at my alma mater and I will not purchase this again. Not a bad soap just not for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2005 10:19:00 AM More reviews by luxed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Pure Olive Oil soap that says 'Fragrance-Free' on the label (it has only 3 ingredients - saponified olive oil, water & sodium chloride). I bought this to use on my face because I have rosacea and very sensitive skin, so I'm always on the lookout for products that have simple, minimal ingredients. So far so good, no drying or clogged pores. I just wish I hadn't bought the huge size as it's a little difficult to handle. Doesn't smell that bad to me, it's very mild actually. UPDATE: This has become slightly drying to my cheeks and I prefer a milky cleanser. If your skin is not dry though this is a nice soap for sensitive skin. (Been using Laventine Rosehip soap, not drying at all)