October 24, 2014 | 1648 users online

Concealers - Sheer Cover - Concealer

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2006 10:52:00 PM More reviews by xraygirl

This was so slick that it was almost like putting oil on my face. It added to the cakey feeling I already got from using their powder/foundation alone. I am far from a sheer cover fan. Needs definite improvement before they slap such a high price tag on their product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2006 9:39:00 PM More reviews by shoeboxoftrees

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

After using many drugstore concealers, I saw the infomercial on this product and it looked really good, so I gave it a go. Big mistake. I got the extra light shade because I'm pretty pale in the winter which is when I ordered it. This concealer turned out to be way too yellow. It looked really fake. It didnt cover that great, and when i tried to set it with loose powder softly, a lot of it just came off. I prefer my covergirl concealer to this by far. Do not waste your money on such a bad product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2006 7:01:00 AM More reviews by denim_junkie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sheer Cover was my first mineral makeup purchase and I initially ordered the Medium kit because they say most women fit into this category. The medium was much too dark for me. I called the customer service number and spoke to a rep who told me she would send out lighter shades of foundation, which I received quickly. At the same time, I also ordered the lightest shade of concealer, the pink shade of the Lip to Lid product (loved this product), and 4 gram jar of the lightest finishing powder. The concealer is very mediocre. I have dark circles and acne prone (somewhat oily) skin and the concealer was worthless. I don't have wrinkles, even at 40 years old, but the concealer didn't cover my dark circles and I tried using it numerous times. The lightest shade of concealer is not very light either, and it has yellow undertones, which makes your dark undereye circles appear to have a jaundiced tint in addition to the already existing darkness, making them even more obvious. I went back to using the Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer (lightest shade) and setting it with the Sheer Cover finishing powder and then applying the foundation, which seemed to work okay. I thought my makeup looked pretty good until I saw a photograph taken with my digital camera. I was surprised, or more like shocked at how shiny my face appeared. Instead of the fresh dewy appearance I thought I was achieving with Sheer Cover, it looked more like a super shiny oil slick, which I didn't like at all. I prefer more of a matte appeareance with a hint of shimmer. Another complaint about Sheer Cover is how slow customer service is to respond to your requests to change kit colors or postpone/cancel your shipments. I was sent the wrong color kit, which I had to return at my expense. Also, the billing is very deceptive. My installments were always charged at least 10-14 days earlier than Guthy-Renker said they would be. Also, when I did return two kits (both at my expense), which I had postponed/cancelled 2 weeks before, my credit card was charged and it took about a month from the date they received the returned kits before the charges were credited back to my account. I did buy another full size foundation, but purchased it from someone on eBay so I didn't have to wait forever for Guthy-Renker to ship it (it takes forever to receive anything you order from Sheer Cover). I have since moved on to PureLuxe Cosmetics. Not only are the products superior to Sheer Cover (provides much better, more natural looking coverage), but the cost is about 1/20th of the price of Sheer Cover and the variety of PureLuxe products is absolutely amazing!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2006 4:01:00 PM More reviews by ruggles96

Okay, the brush SUCKS I had to go and buy a bare minerals brush. Also this is SO expensive. It's $100 and so not worth it. I tried to return it and my refund was up by 1 day. They're 'payments' and ordering is very misleading, and their customer service is horrible. As for the product it looks so heavy, even when I applied very little.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2006 11:52:00 PM More reviews by needs_a_makeup_fix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm not sure what concealer they were using in the infomercial, but I don't see how this concealer can cover a really red birthmark but not some acne scars. I would dab it on after cleansing my face, and found it completely rubbed off when I applied the Sheercover foundation! Not only is the staying power ridiculous, but the 2 shades they give you are at such opposite ends that I don't see how any one person could use both of them, even if one is for definition & the other for concealing. But they do the same with the colour section in their kits so not that surprising. I got the Medium/Tan and the Tan is way too dark for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2006 12:43:00 PM More reviews by GreekGodess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received the concealer in the Medium Kit and it is the best concealer I have ever tired, I have tried them all, I have dark circles and while everything covers them, some of them settle into the fine lines, and I dont have wrinkles or anything but all of them look caked on. THis one blended and covered so well. It is fantastic.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2006 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this in the lightest shade, "Extra Light". The coverage is not as opaque as described in the commercial. I would actually compare it to any basic drugstore concealer. VERY disappointing, considering the hype for this. Also, the color is not "extra light" at all. It's more of a light-medium shade with yellow undertones.