September 1, 2014 | 1962 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by jennster517

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not one to generally write reviews about products but this definitely deserves a review. The reason is that I'm already seeing and noticing results.

I am in my late 20's and have tried numerous face creams and moisturizers. I can say that by far that this is the best that I have used. The reason is because I am actually feeling and noticing a difference. For the past 9 months, I been experiencing dry flakes on my forehead and only my forehead area. I'm not sure if its due to hormonal changes but nothing seems help. I exfoliate, I use the clarisonic and am currently on the SK-II skincare regimen. Although I love the SK-II skincare line, their moisturizers are not strong enough or rich enough for my skin. I still have some of their face creams and although they are very nice, it didn't do anything for the dry flakes on my forehead. This is the only thing I've encountered so far that is actually doing noticeable and positive changes to my skin so hence this review.

I tried this face cream out when I was 25 but at that time I didn't seem to really notice anything spectacular and it was probably because my skin didn't really need hydration because it was already hydrated so I never re-purchased. But, now that my skin is changing and actually needs hydration, I decided to give this "miracle cream" another go.

I have been using it for 2 days and I am constantly feeling how soft my face is. It feels soft and smooth. The crazy this is, my face stays smooth and soft the whole day which I can't remember it staying moisturized since forever.

I would say that if you are concerned about hydration and want something you want to see and feel a difference, then this is definitely a good investment. I say investment because I believe that skincare is an investment and a darn good one.

It's pricey but from what I remember from years ago, it lasts a LONG time. You only need a pea size and you rub it between your palms and pat it onto your face. Not rub but pat.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by AmyLynn2012

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

About a year ago I started using the La Mer skin care line. I first started out by just purchasing the Creme de La Mer moisturizing gel creme. After only 2 days of using this product, my skin looked AMAZING! My husband was so impressed that he started using the gel creme as well. My husband has had issues with his skin in the past. Right out of high school he almost had to be put on acutane to control his skin breakouts. Luckily, the dermatologist was able to control his break outs with an oral Rx as well as the Rx gel called Veltin. However, after he started using my La Mer, in about 5 days, his face was COMPLETELY clear! He was so happy and had stated that he can't remember if he had ever seen his face without some kind of a breakout. Lets just say he has been hooked ever since. I now buy the entire line. I LOVE the foaming face wash. I also love the regenerating serum and the eye concentrate. I am 26 years old, I am so happy to have found this skin care line before I started to show the aging process! I get compliments all the time on how young and youthful I look! The other day I got carded when purchasing a lighter! I noticed someone had written a review stating that La Mer only got a 3.5 out 5 rating. I think they meant on the MakeupAlley site, because if you go to the actual Creme de La Mer site, their rating is 4.8 out of 5 stars! I don't think you can get much better than that! Plus, all the testimonials written on their site are that of La Mer users! I realize the price of La Mer is quite expensive, however; you get what you pay for!!!!!! I have recommended this skin line to tons of friends and family members and ALL of them just brag to me about how much better their skin looks! AMAZING PRODUCT!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Laurendall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a twenty three year old with dry, sensitive skin and this works wonders! I have been using this for around two years along with the face wash and mask and my skin texture is great and it really evens everything out. It is horrifically expensive but worth it to feel good Bout myself

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Scotiabelle

No difference to any other cream. Use it far too quickly for the price and annoying that it doesn't rub in but just sits on your skin. I did buy one jar and thought it was good enough to buy another giant jar but am now at the end of the second jar and no not a year later as advertised. Keep your money and buy a lovely face mask instead much better for dehydrated skin...

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2012 6:20:00 AM More reviews by RT666

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Admittedly, I do put rather a lot of value on the opinions of reviewers on this site! To answer a lot of my own questions like "is La Mer really just Nivea in a slightly different colour and smell?" I went out, bought La Mer Creme & Nivea, sat and did the sniff/feel/emulsify test (they are quite distinguishable - Nivea is waxy and smells more floral) and have trialled both for 1 month La Mer, one month Nivea.I can say that Nivea is a fantastic barrier cream. Seriously, nothing gets beyond the layer of waxy goodness, but I don't think it's fantastic stuff to be putting on your face unless you are going for that super-shiny look. Australia is pretty dry & windy and I was fairly amazed at how much debris blows on to your face during the day. Nivea use allowed me to examine this in detail as it trapped all of this debris beautifully in my makeup. It did very little for my under-eye wrinkles, and no firming qualities whatsoever. La Mer - meh. I just don't see the hype, and really couldn't see any difference in performance from the Nivea. La Mer just smells a bit less like Nana moisturiser. So for what it's worth, I would be more likely to buy Nivea again before La Mer. Seriously at what? $300 per month? That's $3600 per year which would buy you a very nice handbag. The way I figure it is, you can't see your own face when you're walking along, but you can see the handbag! I'm taking all of your advice again, and giving the Retinol ResQ range a go next, wish me luck!

14 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by ValleyGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Goodness, I love this stuff. Me, with the sensitive skin. Me, who can't use mineral makeup or anything with shea butter ( I take my chances with my hand cream!) on my face. Me, with the acne prone skin that is dry and oily at the same time.

I get pretty good results from the peels and various exfoliations I do - but I heal SO much faster with La Mer. And I glow!

Nivea's not the same thing. I tried to make my own sub with Skinactives. Not the same thing. Both products are fine in their own right, BUT, my skin just loves loves loves La Mer. I just have to scramble to find a way to keep affording it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I wanted to try this for ages! I finally did last week, and red bumps across my cheeks seems to be the thanks I get;( Your mileage may vary but I'm stickin' to Nivea, no bumps, and can still pay the rent after I buy a new blue tin.

Edited June 2013, well hope springs eternal and I suffer from a dry skin condition, so when I was given another sample during allergy season, my even drier skin prompted me to give it another go. Honestly I patch tested and again redness, irritation. I can use it on my neck but only actual scaffolding is worth the price for that area.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by ollieblue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Disappointing.
First bought this cream when it first came out and found it too heavy for my skin which was, at the time, classic combination. I found it sticky and wet feeling on my skin, as if it never absorbed.
Years later, my skin has become drier and sadly flares up with roseacea. So I thought my skin and la Mer would be a better match!
Still no joy. Yes, it smooths my dry patches but so does rose hip oil. But it is still wet and sticky on my skin. I want to grab a towel and wipe my face clean. I live in the city so hate to think of all the grime it is attracting.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 2:41:00 AM More reviews by cremebrulee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Avoid this at all cost if you have oily/acne prone skin even if if you are over 40 years old.
It worked miracles after a bad wax job on my upper lip though when the lady yanked the strip off and my skin went with it. I applied La mer on burned area and it was healed in three days with zero scarring/discoloration. Those areas that were fine that I applied this on? Major whiteheads, blackheads and zit breakouts I had to have extracted.

This worked miracles for my aunt and cousins who had skin rashes due to dehydration and severe dryness. Those with skin asthma sing these praises too.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by fashionfox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This was a pretty good cream for my dry skin. I certainly don't have any complaints about the hydration. My skin always felt nice in a sort of richly cared for sort of way. The texture is thick and balmy as opposed to being truly creamy and as a guy, I felt that this made the application a bit annoying and overly complicated. I didn't notice any type of miraculous change occur in my skin during the year or so that I used the product. My skin maybe had a sort of glow to it but most definitely nothing that any other rich cream couldn't do. All in all, this is an overpriced and overhyped "cult" cream that lacks in any of the current "anti-aging" skin care advancements. I would probably not repurchase it as one could, quite frankly, do much better for his or her money. I will keep searching for my HG face cream.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No