December 19, 2014 | 1809 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Oil-free eye makeup remover liquid

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2008 1:07:00 AM More reviews by tw

Love! It gets off multiple coats of waterproof mascara and eyeliner easily, doesn't irritate my eyes, doesn't break me out. It contains no mineral oil so it doesn't damage my acrylic nails. No weird scent, no nasty residue. It's really cheap compared to other brands that don't work half as well. It does exactly what it's supposed to do. What a concept! It's really convenient that I can get it at the grocery store, too. As always, Almay doesn't test on animals.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2008 6:28:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I'm apparently going to be in the minority on this one (o well) but this product works well for me. Only reason I got it is for traveling (see my review for Neutrogena's, which I LOVE, but its a liquid and to me, too dicey to travel w/) and this gel works well w/ no fears of it leaking all over in my luggage. I have had NO issues w/ burning or stinging. I wear only H2O proof mascara, so that is normally a challenge to remove. I do have to swipe my eyes a few times, but nothing annoying. Totally removes it all and since I wash my face afterwards (Oil of Olay Hydrating Cleanser and include a quick swipe across my eyes) = no oily residue. Also completely removes my CoverGirl Outlast lip stuff - another challenge to remove.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2008 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Nekura

I actually use Almay's "Moisturizing" Eye remover during days when I wear a lot. I know a lot of people have their issues with that but it actually works really well for me in regards to removing waterproof eye products despite the oily residue which I don't mind washing off afterwards so the oiliness of it never bugged me.

I decided to pick up a bottle of this "oil-free" remover for my lighter days because I ran out of my general oil free makeup remover that's by an Asian brand I can't/don't have the time to get at the moment and because this was on sale.

I'm not sure if it's the exact one everyone here is reviewing... The bottle I have is the one that claims to have "With aloe, cucumber & green tea" with a picture of them on the bottle. For me this cleanser is okay. I didn't expect this to remove waterproof mascara or what not. It does a decent job with removing standard light eye makeup leaving a decent refreshed feeling but it takes a bit more liquid and a longer cleansing process than I would like. I wear contacts from time to time and this doesn't bother my eyes nor has it react badly on my skin. It's a decent oil-free cleanser really... but I'm specifically bothered by the scent. Almay claims this to be fragrance free but there's a really strong if not appauling chemical scent to this that seems a bit toxic? it's something nostalgic to me with artist markers and paints... much similar to well known prisma markers. Despite how my skin/eyes don't have a bad reaction to this I don't really want something thta smells so awful near my eyes or on my face to buy this again.

I would have given this a 5 if it didn't smell toxic because it works close to the more expensive oil free cleanser I used but the scent is just too much. 3/5.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2008 8:34:00 PM More reviews by newobsession

This worked fine for me. I wear contact lenses and it didn't irritate my eyes or sting. I don't really like the non-scented smell of it though, it smells very chemical. It did remove my mascara with mascara base very well. UPDATE 3/28/08: I used this last night and it did sting my poor eyes! And I can't say enough about how I hate the smell of it. Ugh.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2008 9:11:00 PM More reviews by DaffodilFields

Bad. Got rid of the eye makeup, but to say it stung isn't the right word. It almost burned my eyes, even though they were closed the entire time. I see why it was on clearance-never again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2008 12:09:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

I ran out of my Neutrogena Oil-Free Makeup Remover and had this laying around. I tried it and didn't like it much at all. It stings, is drying, smells bad, and doesn't remove eye makeup very good. I won't be buying it ever again ever. Neutrogena is the best and also their remover pads.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 11:56:00 PM More reviews by sanckensmom

I am reviewing both of Almays eye make up removers in the bottle. I purchased the moisturizing (Oily version) and the oil-free. I have the newest looking bottles as I just purchased them a month ago. I dispise both products and threw them both away. The moisturizing version for waterproof make up is so extremely oily that it gave me cystic acne on my upper cheeks AND also did not remove my non waterproof mascara or eyeliner, just left me with racoon eyes. The oil-free version is so gentle it removed nothing, not even non waterproof mascara and eye liner. I wish I had saved the receipts but since I didn't I just threw them away. I have since found two excellent eye make up removers that I am about to review!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Gabster90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It removes the eyemakep very well but not waterproof mascara. I sould/ve read the bottle more carefully since its for NON-waterproof mascara. I wish it did remove waterproof mascara because I don't like using oil to remove my make-up (my skin is oily enough already).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by lissangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is horrid! Safe and opthamologist recommended my behind! This stuff burned the snot out of my eyes! I bought it because it was BOGO at Walgreens. At $5.49 for two bottles I figured WTH? I returned it the next day and went back to using Neutrogena's gentle non-oily makeup remover (the stuff that starts off separated that you have to shake to 'activate').

I can't believe something that is supposed to be SAFE to use on your eyes could burn so badly!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2008 11:49:00 PM More reviews by LiisUsa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've liked Almay's eye makeup remover pads, but this gel is quite messy and I have to use quite a bit to dissolve my mascara (which is mostly what I got it for). It stung my eyes and left them red, so this isn't for removing some makeup to apply more and then go out for the night-- you'll look rough.

So, yes it removes eye makeup, but with some work.
Also, this is irritating and messy.

For the price range, you can find better remover at the D/S. continued >>