November 22, 2014 | 1709 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Oil-free eye makeup remover liquid

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2008 8:34:00 PM More reviews by newobsession

This worked fine for me. I wear contact lenses and it didn't irritate my eyes or sting. I don't really like the non-scented smell of it though, it smells very chemical. It did remove my mascara with mascara base very well. UPDATE 3/28/08: I used this last night and it did sting my poor eyes! And I can't say enough about how I hate the smell of it. Ugh.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2008 9:11:00 PM More reviews by DaffodilFields

Bad. Got rid of the eye makeup, but to say it stung isn't the right word. It almost burned my eyes, even though they were closed the entire time. I see why it was on clearance-never again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2008 12:09:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

I ran out of my Neutrogena Oil-Free Makeup Remover and had this laying around. I tried it and didn't like it much at all. It stings, is drying, smells bad, and doesn't remove eye makeup very good. I won't be buying it ever again ever. Neutrogena is the best and also their remover pads.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 11:56:00 PM More reviews by sanckensmom

I am reviewing both of Almays eye make up removers in the bottle. I purchased the moisturizing (Oily version) and the oil-free. I have the newest looking bottles as I just purchased them a month ago. I dispise both products and threw them both away. The moisturizing version for waterproof make up is so extremely oily that it gave me cystic acne on my upper cheeks AND also did not remove my non waterproof mascara or eyeliner, just left me with racoon eyes. The oil-free version is so gentle it removed nothing, not even non waterproof mascara and eye liner. I wish I had saved the receipts but since I didn't I just threw them away. I have since found two excellent eye make up removers that I am about to review!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Gabster90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It removes the eyemakep very well but not waterproof mascara. I sould/ve read the bottle more carefully since its for NON-waterproof mascara. I wish it did remove waterproof mascara because I don't like using oil to remove my make-up (my skin is oily enough already).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by lissangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is horrid! Safe and opthamologist recommended my behind! This stuff burned the snot out of my eyes! I bought it because it was BOGO at Walgreens. At $5.49 for two bottles I figured WTH? I returned it the next day and went back to using Neutrogena's gentle non-oily makeup remover (the stuff that starts off separated that you have to shake to 'activate').

I can't believe something that is supposed to be SAFE to use on your eyes could burn so badly!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2008 11:49:00 PM More reviews by LiisUsa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've liked Almay's eye makeup remover pads, but this gel is quite messy and I have to use quite a bit to dissolve my mascara (which is mostly what I got it for). It stung my eyes and left them red, so this isn't for removing some makeup to apply more and then go out for the night-- you'll look rough.

So, yes it removes eye makeup, but with some work.
Also, this is irritating and messy.

For the price range, you can find better remover at the D/S. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2008 11:19:00 PM More reviews by themisanthrope

I just got this, two packages of it, I love when Duane reade has 50% off sales, so I took it upon myself to buy the last two on the shelf. I never tried it before, but I figured I was at no loss since I was getting two for the price of one. It seems fine, people must not be using enough of it, or doing something wrong to give it a low rating. I used a liberal amount, but not to the point where I felt I was wasting, and rubbed some onto my eyes. I waited a moment, and then used a damp cotton pad to wipe the gel off. Very successful, and no raccoon eyes. 3 because it takes a little bit of time, but I don't think I'll ever find a quick makeup remover. Oh well.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2007 12:30:00 PM More reviews by colorless

I bought this looking for a gentle makeup remover that wouldn't spill. It irritated my eyes and didn't remove the makeup easily. I don't recommend this to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2007 12:03:00 AM More reviews by leilanader

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am not pleased with this product. It is a very hard gel; I would say it is more of a wax than a gel, so hard that it takes a lot of effort to squeeze a little amount out of the tube. Also due to the hard consistency you have to rub hard on your eyes to spread it. It makes a mess and you have to go back with clean cotton balls to try to clean it. To go through all that and still end up with serious raccoon eyes in the morning is simply annoying. Will not repurchase again!!!