April 23, 2014 | 1404 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Satsuma Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2007 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Neeya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE this!!! I've used a few of the Body Butters, including the new Pink Grapefruit one (which, if you like Satsuma, you really need to try, it smells GREAT, and I normally can't stand grapefruit scents!). The scent of the Satsuma is intoxicating, I will put it on my hands just to smell it! I really can't find a body moisturizer that I like as much as this. Not only is it an overall great moisturizer, but there is a scent for everyone. But it is a strong scent, so I only wear it at night to bed. The Pink Grapefruit, however, I can wear out of the house as it isn't nearly as overwhelming a scent (at least on me).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2007 8:23:00 PM More reviews by tatlicupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It smells marvelous! Very plump and fruity and fresh - those who said it smells bad probably have bad body chemistry w/ this. It hydrates amazingly well. I'll even use it on my hair to treat dryness - my hair smells delicious. It is not mild so if you're very shy of scents, turn away.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2007 11:34:00 PM More reviews by bella001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the smell of this body butter. I have been lemming this for a long long time. My friend got me the shower gel for Christmas years ago and I would use it only on special occasions because I wanted it to last forever. Anyways, I was skeptical about the body butter because every time I would go into The Body Shop and smell the body butter and put a bit on my hand and thought it would be too overpowering on my whole body but its not. This scent is very energizing and it never fails to put me in a good mood. Living in Vancouver, it gets pretty depressing with all the rain but this brightens my day. Love the scent. Definite repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2006 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Satsuma is my favourite TBS fragrance. It smells like Christmas. However, this body butter was just too much. I live in a dry climate and after my shower last night I finally broke into my brand new and sealed Satsuma Body Butter. OMG. I slathered it on head to toe and wished I hadn't. It smelled so strong it woke up my 3 year old at 4 in the morning (four hours later) and she came over to my bed, sniffed me and said "yummy... snuggle?" and she climbed into bed with me and couldn't fall asleep. Too energizing for bedtime, I knew this, but didn't know that it would smell so STRONG. I think this bb is strictly for morning use!
UPDATE: Jan 9, 2013- I don't know what TBS has done to this body butter... new stock in stores reeks like it fermented and has gone off. I miss TBS of the early 90s. :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2006 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Fridgie

This one definetly gets mixed reviews. I don't know what it is about the fruitier body butters that TBS makes but they usually have a sticky after feel on the skin. First thing of course that anyone will be impressed by is the wonderful, fruity, clementine, tangerine smell! It is smells a lot stronger than the satsuma body lotion, so use sparingly since this is a fragrance on its own. Like it says on the label "Normal Skin" this product is more suited for this skin type. I tend to have normal/dry skin more on the dry side in the winter, so I didn't find this moisturized like the creamier versions (Coconut, Brazil Nut, Cocoa Butter). I probably won't use this much in the winter months, except for when I need a pick me up. I probably won't be buying this one again. It seems with these body butters that scent doesn't necessarily mean its going to do a good job at keeping the skin soft and supple.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2006 4:32:00 PM More reviews by jessicapo

I was looking forward to using this product because it got so many good reviews on MUA and smelled fabulous in the store. I bought this along with the Satsuma shower gel and although the smell does last a long time, it smells terrible on my skin...reminds me of Flinstones Vitamins. It does a good job moisturizing but smells awful.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2006 7:25:00 PM More reviews by gilly123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this body butter. I put it on before I go to bed at night & wake up with satin soft skin. It's amazing and the scent is to die for, especially during the summer. It is so fresh, sweet & creamy...the scent actually reminds me a little bit of orange sherbert. The packaging is nothing to write home about but who cares if it's pretty if it works this well? It's worth every penny & I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2006 9:12:00 AM More reviews by badkitty82

This is my third jar of body butter from the body shop (i've tried Papaya and Grapeseed) and I'm really pleased with Satsuma. It has a lovely tangerine/orange-scent, I agree with people saying it smells like pez or candy. It is a really sweet, and quite strong smell, but I love it and my boyfriend likes it as well, so it's no problem. I don't find it overwhelming either, it's just a fruity summer fragrance. In the summer my body is addicted to body butter, especially when I have been in the sun or I got a sunburn. I like storing it in the fridge and putting it on after a long hot day on the beach, it just melts into the skin and drenches the dried or burned parts. My skin appears dewy and moisturized and smells great. Love this stuff!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2006 10:38:00 AM More reviews by mimosa05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, is this sweet. I put a little on and it overwhelmed my nose with its orange-koolaid sticky sweetness. WOW. And I am a fan of Pink Sugar, for example.
I don't dislike the smell of Satsuma, but it's certainly strong. I would use this to sweeten up an extremely dry, bitter fragrance (which I never really wear)

I guess I'll keep this if I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY in the mood for something sweeeeet and orangey. It could happen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2006 11:52:00 AM More reviews by lanae87

I just purchased this on my lunch hour and I must say I love it even more than the lotion. Rich and creamy and moisturizes nicely without being greasy. The scent is so uplifting - I am addicted to the whole line!