The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/2/2007 7:38:00 AM

YUM.
I love the satsuma line. I also have the shower gel and scrub...it really starts my day off on a great note. I haven't been that pleased with The Body Shop's body butter's in the past, but I see that's because I've been getting the ones for dry skin. This one is for regular skin and it is just heavy enough to moisturize, but light enough to seep in very very quickly and easily. I just finished off one tub and I'm about to purchase another. This has definitely reached HG status for me.

on 4/3/2007 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The only reason I say I wouldn't buy this again is because I feel this fragrance is too potent for me, and conflicts with my perfume. The Satsuma fragrance is a sweet orange smell that is quite delicious. The Body Butter is great for normal to very dry skin. A little goes a long way in regards to fragrance AND moisturization. If you do not wear perfume, this could be a great choice; when worn people always comment on how good I smell and my husband adores it (and uses the shower gel himself, he's such a fan of the scent). High quality ingredients, a frangrance that lasts all day, you can't beat it!

on 3/26/2007 3:01:00 PM

I love the texture of this body butter, and it smelled yummy and delicious on my girlfriend. On me, it was more of a orangy floor/counter cleanser. Not so yummy and delicious. I will buy other body butters, but not this one...

on 3/22/2007 8:39:00 PM

AMAZING. OMG THIS SMELLS SPECTACULAR! I really love how this feels especially since its winter and its heavy and I love the strong overpowering smell of it because you know it will always linger throughout the day and settle down to a softer scent.

on 3/9/2007 3:15:00 PM

LOVE this!!! I've used a few of the Body Butters, including the new Pink Grapefruit one (which, if you like Satsuma, you really need to try, it smells GREAT, and I normally can't stand grapefruit scents!). The scent of the Satsuma is intoxicating, I will put it on my hands just to smell it! I really can't find a body moisturizer that I like as much as this. Not only is it an overall great moisturizer, but there is a scent for everyone. But it is a strong scent, so I only wear it at night to bed. The Pink Grapefruit, however, I can wear out of the house as it isn't nearly as overwhelming a scent (at least on me).

It smells marvelous! Very plump and fruity and fresh - those who said it smells bad probably have bad body chemistry w/ this. It hydrates amazingly well. I'll even use it on my hair to treat dryness - my hair smells delicious. It is not mild so if you're very shy of scents, turn away.

on 2/2/2007 11:34:00 PM

I love the smell of this body butter. I have been lemming this for a long long time. My friend got me the shower gel for Christmas years ago and I would use it only on special occasions because I wanted it to last forever. Anyways, I was skeptical about the body butter because every time I would go into The Body Shop and smell the body butter and put a bit on my hand and thought it would be too overpowering on my whole body but its not. This scent is very energizing and it never fails to put me in a good mood. Living in Vancouver, it gets pretty depressing with all the rain but this brightens my day. Love the scent. Definite repurchase.

on 11/18/2006 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Satsuma is my favourite TBS fragrance. It smells like Christmas. However, this body butter was just too much. I live in a dry climate and after my shower last night I finally broke into my brand new and sealed Satsuma Body Butter. OMG. I slathered it on head to toe and wished I hadn't. It smelled so strong it woke up my 3 year old at 4 in the morning (four hours later) and she came over to my bed, sniffed me and said "yummy... snuggle?" and she climbed into bed with me and couldn't fall asleep. Too energizing for bedtime, I knew this, but didn't know that it would smell so STRONG. I think this bb is strictly for morning use!
UPDATE: Jan 9, 2013- I don't know what TBS has done to this body butter... new stock in stores reeks like it fermented and has gone off. I miss TBS of the early 90s. :(

on 11/11/2006 1:09:00 PM

This one definetly gets mixed reviews. I don't know what it is about the fruitier body butters that TBS makes but they usually have a sticky after feel on the skin. First thing of course that anyone will be impressed by is the wonderful, fruity, clementine, tangerine smell! It is smells a lot stronger than the satsuma body lotion, so use sparingly since this is a fragrance on its own. Like it says on the label "Normal Skin" this product is more suited for this skin type. I tend to have normal/dry skin more on the dry side in the winter, so I didn't find this moisturized like the creamier versions (Coconut, Brazil Nut, Cocoa Butter). I probably won't use this much in the winter months, except for when I need a pick me up. I probably won't be buying this one again. It seems with these body butters that scent doesn't necessarily mean its going to do a good job at keeping the skin soft and supple.

on 10/11/2006 4:32:00 PM

I was looking forward to using this product because it got so many good reviews on MUA and smelled fabulous in the store. I bought this along with the Satsuma shower gel and although the smell does last a long time, it smells terrible on my skin...reminds me of Flinstones Vitamins. It does a good job moisturizing but smells awful.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products