The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

When I first smelled this from the jar, I thought it smelled too strong and was turned off by it. But I rubbed it into my skin anyway, and the smell predictably was diluted and I thought the aroma was wonderful! Aside from the smell, I like that it doesn't feel oily or greasy. Although, I don't think it provides a whole lot of moisture, so I took off a point. Then again, most of these types of body care items from places like Bath and Body Works the The Body Shop have "moisturizing" products that smell nice but don't actually do much for the skin. Oh well. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone who regularly wears perfume during the day, as this is quite strong, even smoothed into the skin, and could possibly conflict with the smell of your perfume.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Smelled really great and orangey (actually i only think it smelled great because i read about a study where men think oranges smell sexy!! xD). Didn't really moisturise my very dry skin but wasn't oily like the general body butters. I tried this again a few months later as I hadn't finished the tub and there's a plastic smell to it.

YUM.
I love the satsuma line. I also have the shower gel and scrub...it really starts my day off on a great note. I haven't been that pleased with The Body Shop's body butter's in the past, but I see that's because I've been getting the ones for dry skin. This one is for regular skin and it is just heavy enough to moisturize, but light enough to seep in very very quickly and easily. I just finished off one tub and I'm about to purchase another. This has definitely reached HG status for me.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The only reason I say I wouldn't buy this again is because I feel this fragrance is too potent for me, and conflicts with my perfume. The Satsuma fragrance is a sweet orange smell that is quite delicious. The Body Butter is great for normal to very dry skin. A little goes a long way in regards to fragrance AND moisturization. If you do not wear perfume, this could be a great choice; when worn people always comment on how good I smell and my husband adores it (and uses the shower gel himself, he's such a fan of the scent). High quality ingredients, a frangrance that lasts all day, you can't beat it!

I love the texture of this body butter, and it smelled yummy and delicious on my girlfriend. On me, it was more of a orangy floor/counter cleanser. Not so yummy and delicious. I will buy other body butters, but not this one...

AMAZING. OMG THIS SMELLS SPECTACULAR! I really love how this feels especially since its winter and its heavy and I love the strong overpowering smell of it because you know it will always linger throughout the day and settle down to a softer scent.

LOVE this!!! I've used a few of the Body Butters, including the new Pink Grapefruit one (which, if you like Satsuma, you really need to try, it smells GREAT, and I normally can't stand grapefruit scents!). The scent of the Satsuma is intoxicating, I will put it on my hands just to smell it! I really can't find a body moisturizer that I like as much as this. Not only is it an overall great moisturizer, but there is a scent for everyone. But it is a strong scent, so I only wear it at night to bed. The Pink Grapefruit, however, I can wear out of the house as it isn't nearly as overwhelming a scent (at least on me).

It smells marvelous! Very plump and fruity and fresh - those who said it smells bad probably have bad body chemistry w/ this. It hydrates amazingly well. I'll even use it on my hair to treat dryness - my hair smells delicious. It is not mild so if you're very shy of scents, turn away.

I love the smell of this body butter. I have been lemming this for a long long time. My friend got me the shower gel for Christmas years ago and I would use it only on special occasions because I wanted it to last forever. Anyways, I was skeptical about the body butter because every time I would go into The Body Shop and smell the body butter and put a bit on my hand and thought it would be too overpowering on my whole body but its not. This scent is very energizing and it never fails to put me in a good mood. Living in Vancouver, it gets pretty depressing with all the rain but this brightens my day. Love the scent. Definite repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Satsuma is my favourite TBS fragrance. It smells like Christmas. However, this body butter was just too much. I live in a dry climate and after my shower last night I finally broke into my brand new and sealed Satsuma Body Butter. OMG. I slathered it on head to toe and wished I hadn't. It smelled so strong it woke up my 3 year old at 4 in the morning (four hours later) and she came over to my bed, sniffed me and said "yummy... snuggle?" and she climbed into bed with me and couldn't fall asleep. Too energizing for bedtime, I knew this, but didn't know that it would smell so STRONG. I think this bb is strictly for morning use!
UPDATE: Jan 9, 2013- I don't know what TBS has done to this body butter... new stock in stores reeks like it fermented and has gone off. I miss TBS of the early 90s. :(

Top Rated The Body Shop Products